amuck-landowner

How did you come up with your company name?

PureVoltage

Verified Provider
Wanted something that was different than the normal VPShost etc. Tried to figure out a good name and ended up with PureVoltage and have stuck with it since.

Mayers

Verified Provider
The first company name was pretty much just as the name implies. MyBB Hosting Service - a service dedicated to hosting MyBB forums.

HostKoi was the idea that I wanted the word "host" in the domain (the first one lacks this). A Koi is very pretty fish that comes from japan, they are part of the carp (goldfish). We've all seen croc and gator in providers but never anything name after a fish. So HostKoi was born.

QHoster.com

Note some times the company name (legal vehicle) and the brand / domain name are completely different. Also one brand can use multiple companies for different operations ...

Phill Fernandes

The names for the brands that I have been involved in have never been of my creation. They were always thought up before I was brought on board.

• YavaHost
  • USS Hosting
  • HostMyBytes
  • HostNucleus
Those are the only three I can think of, although I have a feeling I was involved in at least two more.

I wish I knew what the inspiration for the names was. All I remember is USS  Hosting being centered around a naval theme.

IndoVirtue

Verified Provider
Quote said:
I've always liked the concept of Virtue: "positive trait or quality deemed to be morally good and thus is valued as a foundation of principle and good moral being". We want to run a hosting service with these concept as our foundation and goals. Then it's just happened that our local business office is located in Indonesia and we want to go under international names. Now you know where our names comes from.
^ Is what I would only planned to say :p

Duh, actually there is another silly reason: domains availability. We've comes up with other names but most of it is taken or highly the same with other companies. Since this domain is available, we go with it :p

HBAndrei

Verified Provider
Back in 2008 when HetrixByte was started, my canadian partner at the time suggested that the name must be brandable, we hadn't come up with the name yet obviously... I thought of "Hetrix" and then we added "Byte" to suggest web hosting, so that's the way the name was born.

With HetrixTools, launched earlier this year, it was pretty much a no-brainer, just used Hetrix again in combination with Tools...

People sometimes still ask me what "Hetrix" is... and to be honest I don't know how I thought of it or how it came to me at the time, all I knew is that I liked the way it sounds.

XiNiX

Verified Provider
We started as "inetindia" in 2005, but after an year of successful local business we realized that we need to focus the international market for better expansion and we opted a rebranding.

We loved unix ( and linux ) and we got a Palindrome "xinix" . We didnt really ditch our original name ( INetIndia )  the initials "I N I" were present in "X I N I X"

The letter "X" had a real importance as it symolizes the "uknown" and unexplored waters  ( possiblities ) of Linux/Unix.

LeaseVPS

Verified Provider
We have two brands, LeaseVPS.com and BladeServers.eu which are both self-explanatory :) We just wanted something simple which we feel we have.

flopv

I was searching for domain name. I was looking for a domain name which is easy to remember.

I search for w4webhost. I was lucky i found this domain name.

HostHoney

I love honey, and the protection of the honey bee, Because of that I thought it was unique enough that no one has a host similar to my name and IT is something I appreciate

Powerfulbox

Verified Provider
We have had 3 company names before this one, took me and my business partner 3 days to think of one and to agree to it. Lot of people take the piss out of the name but it made sense in our heads at the time and is to late now lol.

InfinityDaniel

If you can't come up with a name that is available domain name such as .com or .net you can always hire people that do that for a living and you can get it done pretty cheap with a website such as fiverr.com

coloAZ

While we don't have an exclusive VPS Brand - we are primarily a colocation and dedicated server provider. Our flagship location in Phoenix AZ - so "coloAZ" took top vote among our partners. We have a number of other brands that sell shared hosting, VPS and so on - most of which have the term "host" in them. :)

amuck-landowner