amuck-landowner

Ideas and suggestions for vpsBoard

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
I suppose some folks post before they think, and end up with regrets. 

Honestly, I've always preferred WHT's method - edit/etc as much as you want, until the thread gets another reply.  People that go back and change their posts after someone replies to them are one of my pet peeves.

Flapadar

Verified Provider
I suppose some folks post before they think, and end up with regrets. 

Honestly, I've always preferred WHT's method - edit/etc as much as you want, until the thread gets another reply.  People that go back and change their posts after someone replies to them are one of my pet peeves.
WHT is 'edit as much as you like within 15 minutes' 

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Just for those rare situations when you type out a response in the wrong tab. Not a big deal at all since edit is there. Just a thought.
If that's the case, can always report it and we'll remove it. Otherwise, you have 60 minutes after posting to edit. Some say it's not long enough, some say it's too long.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
In response to 

Plugin - @Mentions

Now hurry up and install it before I hit you over the head with a telephone! (myself?)
Well, I just bought that. Looking at the code for the plugin and there is a ton of stuff like this:

if ( !$fuck['status_id'] )
{
$fuck['status_id'] = $fuck['reply_status_id'];
$fuck['status_content'] = $fuck['reply_content'];
}
foreach( $whores as $whore )
{
if ( $whore['member_id'] )
{
if ( $whore['ignored_users'] )
{
$bitch = @unserialize( $whore['ignored_users'] );
if ( $bitch[$this->memberData['member_id']]['ignore_topics'] )
{
continue;
}
}

Comical when tinkering around for your own personal scripts, but I just paid $17 for something I'm reluctant to use now because it appears to have been written by a child. The code may very well be good, clean, and all good but a quick peak at it doesn't inspire confidence.

Jonathan

Woohoo
Administrator
Verified Provider
I wouldn't mind a button to remove a signature on a per-post basis, and also one for the OP to remove all sigs in a thread like WHT has.

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Would be nice if the "new content" subject links had tooltips showing the content and timestamp of the most recent message.  Some other boards have that, and it's conceivably a config option for xenforo.
Like this?

WgUFmW6FeWWWRdT.png

Gotta click the arrow that appears when hovering over the threads. :)

kaniini

Beware the bunny-rabbit!
Verified Provider
I would like to see a list of all companies presently purchasing advertising space on vpsBoard.

It would provide a nice element of transparency.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I would like to see a list of all companies presently purchasing advertising space on vpsBoard.

I'll make the list later, about to start work now. For now, you can just look up, and look right. Only 20 ad spots and a couple people have multiple ads so wouldn't be hard to unearth the mystery of the vpsBoard advertisers :)

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder

Sorry for the delay. Been busy. Current advertisers below. Couple spots are pending renewal so check the rotation for changes:

Top banners: FAP VPS, RouterHosting, BuyVM, Flexible Gaming // KnightSwarm

Side banners: Sky Toaster, SupremeBytes, CorgiTech, **********, EvoRack, KnightSwarm (x2), WireSix, ServerHub (x2), CatalytstHost, iwStack/Prometeus, FAP Vps, Hostigation, FrapHost, One Asia Host.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I wouldn't mind a button to remove a signature on a per-post basis, and also one for the OP to remove all sigs in a thread like WHT has.
You can turn signatures off on posts as a user :)   It's a nested option up there on top right where your user name --- therein.  I turned signatures off when vpsB just started and didn't realize there were signatures until a few weeks ago :)

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
You can turn signatures off on posts as a user :)   It's a nested option up there on top right where your user name --- therein.  I turned signatures off when vpsB just started and didn't realize there were signatures until a few weeks ago :)
Plus, you can mouse of signature area and should get an X in the top right corner.  Go over there and should get menu to ignore that poster's signature or all signatures.   Just turned mine off again.

Novacha

Content Contributer
Sorry for the delay. Been busy. Current advertisers below. Couple spots are pending renewal so check the rotation for changes:

Top banners: FAP VPS, RouterHosting, BuyVM, Flexible Gaming // KnightSwarm

Side banners: Sky Toaster, SupremeBytes, CorgiTech, **********, EvoRack, KnightSwarm (x2), WireSix, ServerHub (x2), CatalytstHost, iwStack/Prometeus, FAP Vps, Hostigation, FrapHost, One Asia Host.
If you want, I can build in a page for a list of all providers with active ads and what ads they are?

amuck-landowner