amuck-landowner

Ideas and suggestions for vpsBoard

Novacha

Content Contributer
I would like to see a list of all companies presently purchasing advertising space on vpsBoard.

It would provide a nice element of transparency.
I have built in this functionality. You can go ahead and visit:

https://a.vpsboard.com/data/public/

If you are in a rush, there is a compact list at the bottom. This list will change automatically as providers purchase new advertising space or decide to discontinue their advertisement.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Hello,

At approximately 12:30PM PST, a customer on our network was the target of a very

large DoS attack (over 40Gbps), which saturated several of our upstream transit

ports, causing severe network degradation for about 10-12 minutes.  We have

manually diverted the attack traffic to our DoS scrubbing system, and network

performance should be back to normal at this time.  We do apologize for any

inconvenience this may have caused.

--

Rob Tyree

Fiberhub Colocation & Internet Services

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
@MannDude

Please get a faster and better server. Too much downtime currently.
I'm transferring sometime next month anyhow to somewhere on the US east coast for better connectivity to our visitors, which is mainly US/CA/UK anyhow.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Please consider my location, Australia :(
Well... according to http://cloudmonitor.ca.com/en/ping.php it'll likely not improve for you directly, but for most it will. I'll probably be using CloudFlare Business for filtering, unless it's not better than Staminus which is the other option. We'll see. If using CloudFlare things may appear for you if I enable some of the other features that is inlcuded.

Nett

Article Submitter
Verified Provider
@MannDude Cloudflare hides users' IP address and will show CloudFlare's address.

shovenose

Verified Provider
Well... according to http://cloudmonitor.ca.com/en/ping.php it'll likely not improve for you directly, but for most it will. I'll probably be using CloudFlare Business for filtering, unless it's not better than Staminus which is the other option. We'll see. If using CloudFlare things may appear for you if I enable some of the other features that is inlcuded.
I can donate a dedicated server for vpsBoard?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I can donate a dedicated server for vpsBoard?
Thanks, but no thanks. I get offered free stuff weekly and always turn it down. All the providers I use now I pay full price, unless they had a public promotion I used when signing up. I'm choosing a provider that is not represented here, though haven't figured out who yet.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
To be clear, the only reason I am considering moving away from BuyVM is not due to anything negative. It's mainly to alleviate any concerns forum members may have about bias here. I am a big fan of both Fran and Aldy, they're great people in my eyes, and they run a solid service and I trust them. However I can understand how some may think there may be bias. I host with them (as well as a half dozen other providers here too) and they advertise here. I don't think it's a huge deal, but to prove there is no 'bias' I'm willing to move elsewhere and by choosing a provider that isn't represented here. (Yet, at least)

I've been wanting to move to the US east-coast for a while, and originally was awaiting new BuyVM KVM stock in NJ. But now I think it's best to just cut ties with providers here and choose a provider who doesn't know who I am, what this site is and isn't represented here. I think it's just best for peace of mind for the community and gives me the opportunity to compare a non-lowend provider with the providers I am already familiar with.

nunim

VPS Junkie
To be clear, the only reason I am considering moving away from BuyVM is not due to anything negative. It's mainly to alleviate any concerns forum members may have about bias here. I am a big fan of both Fran and Aldy, they're great people in my eyes, and they run a solid service and I trust them. However I can understand how some may think there may be bias. I host with them (as well as a half dozen other providers here too) and they advertise here. I don't think it's a huge deal, but to prove there is no 'bias' I'm willing to move elsewhere and by choosing a provider that isn't represented here. (Yet, at least)

I've been wanting to move to the US east-coast for a while, and originally was awaiting new BuyVM KVM stock in NJ. But now I think it's best to just cut ties with providers here and choose a provider who doesn't know who I am, what this site is and isn't represented here. I think it's just best for peace of mind for the community and gives me the opportunity to compare a non-lowend provider with the providers I am already familiar with.
Linode?

Ruchirablog

@WelltodoInformalCattle Meh  <_< 

@MannDude Well you don't have to listen to everyone :) If BuyVM works for you without any issues I think you should stick to them. Too much transparency isn't going to help anyone. Its true some people will argue about using a provider who frequents here but ultimately the reliability is what matters the most.

amuck-landowner