amuck-landowner

Introduction thread

N8tiv-SEO

Hello everybody,

My name is Rob and I am a newbie to the VPS world!

1st VPS is with OVH, I got their high end classical VPS plan. Very impressive features and bandwidth compared to traditional shared web hosting.

I don't mind getting my coding fingers dirty, got to maintain my manly calluses on my fingertips… :p :)

Anyway, my VPS is running Ubuntu 14… I am on a Windows 8 laptop.

Any suggestions on alternatives to using Putty to remotely connect to my server?

Also, after figuring out a secure connection…

What type of updates should I be looking out to do?

There are 3 things I would like to do with this VPS.

A nicely secure connection through the VPS to surf the web.

Hosting a website and WordPress blog.

Possibly hosting my own mail server.

I will do my best to utilize Google for all my needs, but… I figured I would ask here in this community to see if anybody has any advanced techniques or solutions that really haven't been published anywhere.

I look forward to any constructive feedback from the experts.

Thank you for taking the time to read this!

If, and hopefully when… I become knowledgeable enough, I'll do my best to remember to answer questions in the future.

Rob

LimestoneNetworks

Verified Provider
Hello vpsBoard Friends!

Limestone is happy to join this community. We look forward to sharing  :) and more with you wonderful people. Have a great evening.

Pwner

Hey guys, name's Pwner. I just registered today because I've been fed up with LET's down time lately. I've also been peacefully lurking here from time to time and it seems like a cool place to be. I look forward to sharing a couple of good laughs and gaining more knowledge with you guys!  :D

AbeloHost

Verified Provider
HI VPS community, 

My nickname is Mix and I'm the manager of AbeloHost, a European web hosting provider. I hope to learn new information related to hosting and share my knowledge about it. Nice to meet you all. 

Xeepi

Verified Provider
Hello guys, this is Joe from Xeepi Hosting Solutions. I heard of vpsBoard from my friend. I hope to have a pleasant stay out here and it seems this forum has a lot to learn from.

I will definitely read the community guidelines and rules to make sure my manners on this forum are appropriate.

Cheers

Licensecart

Well I've been a member but forgot which twitter I used and thought if I re-registered I would be banned (So used to WHT) and I thought I'd chance it, re-authorized twitter to VPBoard and it logged into my account so I'm back :D.

bluearrow

Hello everyone. I'm a web developer who's currently learning how to manage vps. I'm a newbie so have loads of problems. These days I'm trying to figure VestaCP and Kloxo-MR. Nice to meet you all! :)

TH-Dan

Verified Provider
Hi All,

I'm Dan from Tech-Hosts - I've just signed up to this forum and put my verified provider application in. Looking forward to being a part of the community and helping out where I can. I have over 5 years experience with VPS varying from OpenVZ to Hyper-V HA Clusters

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Hello,

I'm Joe. 

I'm here to advertise my Web Hosting business and contribute to the forum.
Welcome.

Would be good if you introduced yourself first and contributed better before posting your offer 12 minutes after joining and spamming 10 posts to get your post count up.

IntegralHost

Verified Provider
Hi Guys,

I'm Mike from InteralHost. Glad to became the member of this great forum.

Guys I will be here with you to discuss about new topis and publish my hosting Offers.

Thank you!

GigaboxHost

Verified Provider
Hello VPSBoard!

We are GigaboxHost,  a Cloud, VPS and IT Hosting provider. Our Services are, Domain, Web hosting, Cloud servers, VPS Server, Office as a Service, we virtualize the entire IT infrastructure from your desktop all the way to your server. No need for a local desktop or server anymore. You can connect to your desktop from Anywhere, Anytime, Any Device (laptop, ipad, mobile device, desktop computer). Carry your office with you.

Look forward to some great discussions.

Gigabox.Host

amuck-landowner