amuck-landowner

Introduction thread

NickM

Verified Provider
Hi guys, I'm NickM, and I'm a VPSaholic...

You may know me as the guy who made (and doesn't update anymore) OpenStatus (well, combined scrd and nikki's frontend to make OpenStatus...).  I was considering starting my own site to try to replace LEB/LET, but I just haven't had the time to do so, so I'm hoping that this place works out.

I work as a freelance Linux sysadmim - my areas of expertise are in the Debian and Ubuntu side of things.  I also do PHP and python programming.  I'm sort of a jack-of-all-things IT, and enjoy tackling new problems.

SeriesN

Verified Provider
@NickM, thank you for creating OpenStatus. Because of you , I can sleep a bit longer while saving extra bucks :)

bfj

I am bfj (yes an alias). I am very biased to BuyVM as I have had their services for the great part of 2 years and have had minimal issues (Aside from the Fiberhub fiasco). 

Anyhow, I have had a VPS with quite a few providers, but definitely have more BuyVM's than anyone that are used for various reasons. I can be bi-polar at times but don't worry about my alter ego, he is just a dick.

danke.

HEIL -.-/   

praveen

Hello,

I am Praveen, from India. I design websites and I came across LET couple of months ago when I was searching for cheap hosting.

So LET was my online hangout for many months, which led me into buying lot of VPS's. Also, due to LET, I am employed by a VPS provider now.

And today (16/MAY/2013), because of all the drama happening at LET I came to know about vpsboard.com. I hope this forum becomes as popular as LET and even better, so that many people from around the world gain from offers, tutorials and even the talk around here.

Regards,

Praveen

Kairus

Hi there! I've been (was) on LET since the end of 2011, I haven't really been active lately since the community really went downhill after LEA left and the site got more popular. Always fun to read about the drama though.

I will be in the market for a new VPS soon as I don't have any interest in staying with CVPS. Are there plans for a blog-type site similar to LEB?

Nick

Hi there! I've been (was) on LET since the end of 2011, I haven't really been active lately since the community really went downhill after LEA left and the site got more popular. Always fun to read about the drama though.

I will be in the market for a new VPS soon as I don't have any interest in staying with CVPS. Are there plans for a blog-type site similar to LEB?
The idea that we're developing on at the moment is more of a directory where it will contain information about a host such as recent offers, known reps, reviews and will also allow users to leave comments.

mojeda

The idea that we're developing on at the moment is more of a directory where it will contain information about a host such as recent offers, known reps, reviews and will also allow users to leave comments.
I had been working on something like this previously but haven't had the time to work on it recently.

Hey all, I'm WelltodoInformalCattle -- a LET refugee who is trying to find a new home. I hope to contribute to this new community whichever way I can and hopefully it'll be relatively drama free.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shados

Professional Snake Miner
Shados here, not-very-long-time lurker at LET. I'm Australian, and I work for a tech support company doing L1 & L2 support for business customers (although I'd prefer to be working somewhere part-time, honestly). In my own time I do some amateur game & web development, act as sysadmin for a motley assortment of Linux boxen and services spread all over the place and generally spend way too much time playing computer games and hanging out on my teamspeak server with a bunch of (lovable) nutjobs. 

Canceled my enrollment in a double degree in computer science / computer & network engineering at RMIT last year - took me about three years to realize uni doesn't really work for me, so I guess you could say I can be a bit slow on the uptake :p.

MannDude may be interested to know that I'm currently living in a mud-brick bungalow, which provides good enough insulation that my computers can keep me warm enough even on the coldest Melbourne nights ;)

dnom

Hello! I'm dnom from LET. I don't post much there and I'll probably be mostly lurking here too.  :)

Daniel

I'm Daniel. I've been the following usernames on LET.

MrAndroid

MrLadoodle

MrLabradoodle

MrLawoodle

Daniel

I've been at LET/LEB since the beginning of of it, and it's probably time for a change due to recent events.

amuck-landowner