Just received this e-mail.
Hello Sven Slootweg,
IPXcore is planning to move our East Coast location on March 21st 2014. We are moving simply because we have outgrown the current location. Moving data centers will allow greater bandwidth capacity and better network peers. Our current East Coast data center is located in Buffalo, NY and the new location is in Piscataway Township, NJ. The new location is actually closer to New York City than Buffalo.
Surely there will be concerns about the move. Your IP address will remain the same after the move. We anticipate about 8 - 11 hours of downtime. The following is our planned schedule of events:
- 7:30 AM EST: Initiate shutdown command on all servers.
- 8:00 AM EST: Begin unracking servers.
- 9:00 AM EST: Finish unracking servers and begin transport to Choopa.
- 4:00 PM EST: Arrive at Choopa.
- 4:30PM EST: Begin racking servers.
- 6:30PM EST: Finish racking servers and quality assurance check.
To counter the downtime we will be reaching out to select customers for early migration.
This does not affect our West Coast location. If you would like to be migrated to our West Coast location instead please open a support ticket.
As always open a ticket to reach out to us with any questions. We appreciate your patience and continued patronage during this immense move.
The IPXcore Team
Adam, Damian, Matthew, Henri, and Michael.
(Some of you may have received this message twice. We apologize if this happened to you.)