amuck-landowner

IPXCore leaving ColoCrossing in Buffalo and moving to Choopa, NJ

joepie91

Just received this e-mail.

Hello Sven Slootweg,

IPXcore is planning to move our East Coast location on March 21st 2014. We are moving simply because we have outgrown the current location. Moving data centers will allow greater bandwidth capacity and better network peers. Our current East Coast data center is located in Buffalo, NY and the new location is in Piscataway Township, NJ. The new location is actually closer to New York City than Buffalo.

Surely there will be concerns about the move. Your IP address will remain the same after the move. We anticipate about 8 - 11 hours of downtime. The following is our planned schedule of events:

• 7:30 AM EST: Initiate shutdown command on all servers.
  • 8:00 AM EST: Begin unracking servers.
  • 9:00 AM EST: Finish unracking servers and begin transport to Choopa.
  • 4:00 PM EST: Arrive at Choopa.
  • 4:30PM EST: Begin racking servers.
  • 6:30PM EST: Finish racking servers and quality assurance check.

To counter the downtime we will be reaching out to select customers for early migration.

This does not affect our West Coast location. If you would like to be migrated to our West Coast location instead please open a support ticket.

As always open a ticket to reach out to us with any questions. We appreciate your patience and continued patronage during this immense move.

Sincerely,
The IPXcore Team
Adam, Damian, Matthew, Henri, and Michael.

(Some of you may have received this message twice. We apologize if this happened to you.)

Taronyu

You beat me to it.

Nice to hear, I really like Ipxcore. :)

Send from my iOCEAN X7 using Tapatalk.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
We are moving simply because we have outgrown the current location

Why doesn't ColoCrossing just ask the shoe store in the mall downstairs to move and use that space for expansion so you can stay in Buffalo???  Buffalo has THE BEST connectivity to EVERYWHERE!

Virtovo

Verified Provider
Why doesn't ColoCrossing just ask the shoe store in the mall downstairs to move and use that space for expansion so you can stay in Buffalo???  Buffalo has THE BEST connectivity to EVERYWHERE!
Buffalo is full? 

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Congrats to Damian and the ipxCore folks.  Good people.

Another win for Choopa!  

That Buffalo mall, ahh datacenter lost another. 

Damian

Verified Provider
Neither, sharing a rack with SupremeBytes. I don't want to go into a lot of detail, because I'm not sure how much Damien wants me to divulge, but their networking administration knowledge and responsiveness to emergency issues fills the void that we have with our current provider.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
their networking administration knowledge and responsiveness to emergency issues fills the void that we have with our current provider.
your current colo provider in Buffalo is Fabozo not CC, right?

Damian

Verified Provider
your current colo provider in Buffalo is Fabozo not CC, right?
Yeah, and they've been great, except for support issues. But colocation is not their focus, so one can't really fault them on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner