amuck-landowner

Is HVH owned by Colocrossing?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
 a case-study in not signing contracts without a hardware SLA l

When I found out the contracts had no hardware SLA after long sporadic outages +  replies from CC like 'these are essentially owned machines, you purchased them" on the RTO's - I knew I couldn't deal with that data center anymore.
So CC isn't/wasn't supporting the hardware on the RTO?  That's insanity on their end.  It's a rental.  After 24 payments, well on your own.  Before then?  Yeah surprised someone has sued/contested invoices/etc. over hardware failures and long downtime.

Any host who doesn't lock down the SLAs and guarantees up front is aiming to fail. Cheap prices shouldn't override common sense.

Can't wait to the OP's statement to solidify everything.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
It seems no one clearly knows, I have updated my post above. Please check.
$25 invoice amount..... right?

What was that for from HVH?  Can you link the purchased item and edit that into the original post?

Kris

So CC isn't/wasn't supporting the hardware on the RTO? That's insanity on their end. It's a rental. After 24 payments, well on your own. Before then? Yeah surprised someone has sued/contested invoices/etc. over hardware failures and long downtime.
On a machine with kernel panics we were offered 9-5 PM memtests. Nothing 'off-hours'

One ticket I had to call a CC staff member out on, the day Ernie officially hired me, as there was some bullshit about a 5-8 hour ramtest. With a few machines showing classic hardware failure signs (have worked in a DC, where we would swap drives to a new chassis) if hardware problems were expected.

I understand this is different with RTO - but we were made to jump through hoops with hours of downtime to be told "all was okay" after.

Also rubbish like return-paths of ~10kbps across multiple servers, then it's "fixed" an hour later taking a different route. Not saturated bandwidth my arse. Don't want to mention the (7) /24's I saw registered under HVH's name when Ernie only requested half of one /24. I remember finding out since someone asked why HVH was showing on the IPs.

The next day they were all changed. Shit like that made me want to run. Explains how they're snatching so many IPs ;)

What was that for from HVH? Can you link the purchased item and edit that into the original post?
CC doesn't have any $25 dollar offerings. My guess is like a Managed VPS with Fantastico added on or something.

I'm guessing he turned over the keys and they just swapped out the name in Ernie's CC processor.

Last edited by a moderator:

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
I'll let that slide,meatball :D  (being Norwegian, naturally don't like you, that didn't help)

I told nothing but the truth. Jon was lying and I simply cleared things up, when it came to HVH owning their hardware. When he implied I did anything less than take Ernie from a small LET kiddie host who couldn't manage his servers -> #1 for search terms on Google / expanding rapidly - I took some issue. If anything, I downplayed what I did for that company in terms of helping him grow and choose a proper infrastructure.

Btw Mikho, I remember that thread ending with me calling Ernie telling Jon to keep his mouth shut if he didn't want me to spill any beans, knowing the implosion that was going on there. Jon quickly stepped back in line and edited his post.
No harm ment, even since you are Norwegian (didn't know that), perhaps I should draw you a picture so you understand. :p

Off-topic: To all of you outside of Scandinavia, there has always been a friendly(?) humor between Norway and Sweden, not that different then all the mexican jokes in the US.

Back to story:

I do believe you in everything you say, sometimes one must read between the lines when there are things that wasn't working out between two parties. I have the same feelings against my old work-place (when compared to where I work now). Over time, giving it some distance some people can look upon it with some distance but when in the middle of it, it is so frustrating it hurts.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Off-topic: To all of you outside of Scandinavia, there has always been a friendly(?) humor between Norway and Sweden, not that different then all the mexican jokes in the US.
Oh, so they're taking your jobs? :p

They terk err jerrbbs!

libro22

A link to the promo would help piecing this all together tightly.  Any idea of the managed VPS details --- RAM, disk and BW?  

HVH's normal full rate plans are here:

http://hudsonvalleyhost.com/managedvps.php
I believe I told you the details through PM, anyway, for those who are curious, here's the discounted package:

Starter Managed VPS (Normally $30/mo): Now $22.50/mo

30 GB Disk Space

1024MB RAM 

2048MB RAM Burst

2 IP Addresses

Equal Share CPU

500GB Bandwidth 

Fully Managed, cPanel, Softaculous and Much More!!

Click Here To Order This Account

I got add-ons on that too, that's why it was $25 (the add-ons were discounted too :D ).

Kris

+1 - It's an ongoing laugh between us.... I drive a Volvo :lol:

I do believe you in everything you say, sometimes one must read between the lines when there are things that wasn't working out between two parties. I have the same feelings against my old work-place (when compared to where I work now)
Totally understandable, I really tried to just state "HVH didn't own their servers, I was responsible for a lot", but only after he (deleted) implied I did something bad / less than stellar work & giving Ernie 1 year of my life down the pisser.

They terk err jerrbbs!
Calm down Skeeter, he ain't hurtin nobody. :lol:

Kris

I believe I told you the details through PM, anyway, for those who are curious, here's the discounted package:

I got add-ons on that too, that's why it was $25 (the add-ons were discounted too :D ).
Another thing I had Ernie fix, as well as limiting IPs / charging more than his price :p

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
So who volunteers to post a message over on the e-vile LET saying "Hudson Valley Host = Colocrossing --- the proof..."?

...basically with just a small teaser and a link to this thread.

Kris

Not really, we send them the people we don't want to work in their hospitals and fish factory's. That way we can keep them under control :p
Meanwhile, just send people we don't like to Sweden, full stop. Pushishment enough, Ja?  :lol:

Zen

You could wrangle up a list of at least 5-10 VPS operations ran by CC that aren't official. It's a shame they have to come out one by one, I think of how funny it would be to see them all outed at once.

amuck-landowner