amuck-landowner

Is HVH owned by Colocrossing?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
So what is this 'financial relationship' ?

Is CC just their credit card processor then? Is their paypal still in their name?

Francisco
UkvfC0S.png

I don't know. 'sysadmin' said I could post a thread on LET in regards to it if I wanted, but I'd rather not. Seems pointless if I can't refer to the original claim (this thread) as reference for why the thread was created.

Epidrive

Verified Provider
I guess they're in some sort of a partnership.

Last edited by a moderator:

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
UkvfC0S.png

I don't know. 'sysadmin' said I could post a thread on LET in regards to it if I wanted, but I'd rather not. Seems pointless if I can't refer to the original claim (this thread) as reference for why the thread was created.
I get that. The CC guys aren't dumb, they know it'd bring a lot of drama to LET and likely spark some posting again.

I'm not sure why Alex goes by that handle still. Now that things are out in the open he's not appearing as ...welcoming? as Jon is. Jon carries his administrator group and tags so everyone knows it's him and can address him.

If you're wanting to really get to the bottom of this all just post it on WHT. The mods there don't care about linking to here (as far as I know) and you don't have to worry about it getting possibly removed.

It'd likely cause quite a bit of hurt to HVH though.

Francisco

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
If you're wanting to really get to the bottom of this all just post it on WHT. The mods there don't care about linking to here (as far as I know) and you don't have to worry about it getting possibly removed.
I would, but they don't seem to have a big interest in keeping companies honest over there. They do to a degree, but I reported the other shell companies and they said: "I can't see that it is the same person through all the tools we have as yet."

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
From the documents and emails that were released from the CC leak a while back (not the databases) it suggests CC certainly does have a vested interest in HVH.

TheLinuxBug

This is what they call the anal leakage that you get after being screwed by CC.  In case you were a member of LET and were wondering why after the truth came out you had a strange mess in your underwear, you got the CC leak! :eek:

/sarcasm

Cheers!

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
From LET today or yesterday:

Biloh said:

Obviously I don't know the nature of your experience with that dedicated server through CVPS but sometimes hardware is problematic. I regret you had any problem at all of course and hope that you'll give us / any of our customers a try again in the future.

We've said before that HVH has a financial relationship with us.

This silliness about "shell company" blah, blah, blah, is perpetuated by people who don't care to actually look at the facts but would rather just move forward with their beliefs -- because they like that position best. You know at the end of the day, who even cares.
Does Equinix claim I have financial relationship with them?  No.  I am a customer.  I pay my invoices for services.  Perhaps I am an asset for valuation in case of sale/buyout/stock offering/etc.   But to claim a financial relationship is entirely different.

I call it how I see it.  Word games don't change that something foul is going on.

Yeah CC might not own HVH on paper, but come on, HVH pushes CC offers as pass throughs  and they shit canned all their other non CC locations.  It is a CC calling card.  One day, they might realize that :)

Folks with Hudson Valley still getting invoiced/payment cleared by ColoCrossing?

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Yeah CC might not own HVH on paper,
If they don't own HVH on paper and they're processing transactions for Hudson Valley Host services through the ColoCrossing merchant account it would be a violation of Visa and Mastercard regulations which prohibit  a merchant account holder from processing payments through their account for a 3rd party company (this process is called "factoring" or "transaction laundering" or "credit card laundering" depending on the merchant agreement).  The penalty for factoring is termination of the merchant account, and if you get your account terminated for this you get added to Visa/Mastercard's TMF list (aka Match list) which is essentially a blacklist which makes it almost impossible to ever get another merchant account.

This article has a very good explanation of factoring

http://www.merchantequip.com/merchant-account-blog/140/factoring-credit-card-laundering

...and another good article:

http://www.inc.com/articles/2000/07/19681.html

Another important thing to know is that if you get a merchant account to process credit card transactions for DBA1.com and your company later opens (or acquires) a second website DBA2.com merchant banks will require you to get a separate merchant account for the new DBA2 because it is also considered factoring if you process transactions for a DBA that is different than the one that was approved when you got the first merchant account, even if your company owns both DBA's/websites.  Most merchants are unaware of this until they get a nasty letter or phone call from their merchant bank .

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
"Another important thing to know is that if you get a merchant account to process credit card transactions for DBA1.com and your company later opens (or acquires) a second website DBA2.com merchant banks will require you to get a separate merchant account for the new DBA2 because it is also considered factoring"
Factoring, would that be your RISK FACTOR?   I am pretty sure it is.  That is how they determine (historically) your risk, credit worthiness, rates for transactions, etc.

It is rumored that a huge amount of terrorist activity is funded illegally with credit cards.

factoring.gif

Seems like an obvious rouse to circumvent the beloved tax man also.

amuck-landowner