amuck-landowner

Is VPS ok to host a game server?

ClouD12@

I'm looking for a VPS that I can run Game servers off. I know it might be wiser to go with a Game server host, But I have my reasons.

- Downtime, This is a huge problem for me, In ALL of my past experiences with Game server hosts I always had ridiculous downtime.

- DDOS attacks.

- Control panels.

But that’s enough of my complaining, and also I am looking for the following:

- 2 cores

- 2 GB RAM

- 50 GB HDD space

- Must have above 500 GB of data

- Windows

I'm not worried about cost or anything.

ctrlswitches

VPS is the best to use as gaming servers. You get complete server dedicated resources and easy scalability of server resources.

web-project

Verified Provider
I'm looking for a VPS that I can run Game servers off. I know it might be wiser to go with a Game server host, But I have my reasons.

- Downtime, This is a huge problem for me, In ALL of my past experiences with Game server hosts I always had ridiculous downtime.

- DDOS attacks.

- Control panels.

But that’s enough of my complaining, and also I am looking for the following:

- 2 cores

- 2 GB RAM

- 50 GB HDD space

- Must have above 500 GB of data

- Windows

I'm not worried about cost or anything.

have you got budget in mind? any preferable server/node location?

Lampard

Which Counter Strike are you talking about?
If its CS GO, then you can even run that on a 2 GB RAM VPS with 10 players without any lag. I have tried it.

stefiee

I would like to run a CounterStrike server on a VPS, is it okay or I should better think of a dedicated server for this purpose? Thank you.
first confirm with your host.if you get ddos attacks you must remove the content or reslove it soon ..otherwise vps is best to run games

TierNet

Verified Provider
There are pretty powerful VPS plans in the market nowadays that can sustain load so you can definitely consider it.

mellisa

Its always recommended to avoid VPS for games, you can go for cloud servers with auto scaling options, so that resources will be increase and decrease as per games requirement.

amuck-landowner