amuck-landowner

Jonny Nguyen - GreenValueHost - Raided by Police.

HN-Matt

Verified Provider
I'm no GVH superfan but I gotta say, to me it seems completely ridiculous for any of you to be going on about 'mental illness' in this thread. As if you would know anything about it to the extent that it may or may not apply to Mr. Nguyen. Whilst some of you may be reps from Dramathread Industries, I'm betting none of you are healthcare professionals and, correct me if I'm wrong, none of you know the kid personally. What's that phrase again, casting aspersions?

Your interaction with GVH takes place in the context of web hosting. Why not leave the diagnoses (or lack-thereof) to people who actually know him?

Last edited by a moderator:

Munzy

Oh no, please don't cry.  Trading banter with you provides no satisfaction or challenge, and merely serves to waste my time.
Who said I was crying, I wasn't just in case you thought I really was. Thanks for proving my point as well.

Coastercraze

Top Thrill
Verified Provider
Aren't public schools obligated to take anyone?
AFAIK, if they have open enrollment they can be picky and not take somebody. However, they would be required to bus that child to another school district.

In the case of expulsion, they don't have to do anything.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I presume you're saying this as an onlooker and you don't actually condone such a course of action?
I don't advocate mental health pleas to avoid punishment.  One can justify illegal behavior as errors of youthful ways that have been changed.  But the mental health can be shaken.  Once you get that label it's pretty much permanent and has growing implications.

Who will take him? It's a legitimate question. What school wants to take in a student that allegedly tried to run penetration tests against their school and possibly even DDOS attacks? If this gains any traction, he might have to do his schooling online, or do a GED test.
Yeah if one gets expelled from school today cleanly (like in the wrong and justified and no mitigating waa waa reasons) depends on the State.  He likely could get diploma via taking tests.  He could homeschool / learn online formally.  Other neighboring districts might accept him just for the cash (lots of money in education).

FAR too many people throw mental illness around as an excuse. Not only is it disgusting behaviour to do so but it entirely undermines people who really do have underlying issues. Being a cocky, ignorant, arrogant like fuckwhit is not mental illness.
Tee hee - still laughing on this one.  Cocky, arrogant like fuckwhite - indeed accurately summarizes Jonny's behavior too often along his journey.  Unfortunately this behavior has deep roots in this guy and just isn't solely lazy kid entitlement routine.   

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
and I promised Jonny and consistent with his lawyer's wishes to keep quieter about the individual outcomes of his matters at this point.

Monday he had that school hearing with lawyer present and all were more agreeable.   He has not been expelled and they are going to try to allow him to finish this year in a limited capacity.  Matter is far from over though.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
I'm no GVH superfan but I gotta say, to me it seems completely ridiculous for any of you to be going on about 'mental illness' in this thread. As if you would know anything about it to the extent that it may or may not apply to Mr. Nguyen. Whilst some of you may be reps from Dramathread Industries, I'm betting none of you are healthcare professionals and, correct me if I'm wrong, none of you know the kid personally. What's that phrase again, casting aspersions?

Your interaction with GVH takes place in the context of web hosting. Why not leave the diagnoses (or lack-thereof) to people who actually know him?
You'd be surprised at the diversity on here. While it is a forum based around webhosting, a lot of members are trained and qualified in other professions including those that involve mental health. I say that on the basis of those in the know agreeing, albeit silently, that this has nothing to do with mental illness as defined by those supporting his actions.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Tee hee - still laughing on this one.  Cocky, arrogant like fuckwhite - indeed accurately summarizes Jonny's behavior too often along his journey.  Unfortunately this behavior has deep roots in this guy and just isn't solely lazy kid entitlement routine.   
Well, while this is no place to air dirty laundry (lol, right?) it seems we have enough people and topics interested in what has happened and what's going on for factual information to be shared. If there is something else going on that would legitimately part-explain his behaviour I'd say it's in everyone's interest to have that information shared.

"I know a secret but I can't tell you" is the kind of thing best left to the playground.

Edit: Actually, at this juncture, and taking in to account your last post, I'd say your involvement would be hindering things more than helping as all we see are points and comments that lead to more conjecture.

Edit 2: re the above; I mean with regards to what people on the forum(s) are thinking and how they are reacting. i.e. you may know information but can't give it out.. leads people to form conclusions that aren't necessarily correct.

HN-Matt

Verified Provider
While it is a forum based around webhosting, a lot of members are trained and qualified in other professions including those that involve mental health. I say that on the basis of those in the know agreeing, albeit silently, that this has nothing to do with mental illness as defined by those supporting his actions.
Well, while this is no place to air dirty laundry (lol, right?) it seems we have enough people and topics interested in what has happened and what's going on for factual information to be shared. [...]

"I know a secret but I can't tell you" is the kind of thing best left to the playground.
,,, :rolleyes:

Ok, so... I have personally talked to him, and do know a decent bit about him... My inital statements were innaproprate... I personally belive that he likely has Schizophrenia. I'm unfortuentally rather familiar with it as it affects my mothers side of the family quite a bit, lets let this thread die, and hope that he gets the help he seriously needs.

William

pr0
Verified Provider
I sort of doubt that, schizophrenics tend to do a lot more crazy shit than this... (i know that from family, personal and friends experiences, plus people i met in the clinic)

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Definitely exhibits Scitzo tendencies when you pay attention over the long haul.  Might be applicable....

Histrionic Personality Disorder is more accurate I believe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histrionic_personality_disorder

No rules that say a fractured mind can't suffer from multiple malfunctions.

Like most folks, his behavior and mental health would likely improve with proper nutrition and a strict regimented diet..

Amitz

This discussion and thread is getting sadder day by day.

Not just because of Mr. Nguyen and his deeds, but because of what some participants posted over time. I will unsubscribe, this is getting old.

WSWD

Verified Provider
Officer Krupke, you've done it again.
This boy don't need a job, he needs a year in the pen.
It ain't just a question of misunderstood;
Deep down inside him, he's no good!

Sorry...couldn't resist. :p

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Anyone else confused why we're defending yet picking on him at the same time? *unsubscribes*
Simple dynamic, the guy stays right and clean and he doesn't get crap about it.  He pulls skits, does stupid, etc. then it's fair game to slap him.

Odd to me that in this industry people turn heads and let folks do whatever vile and won't say a peep cause of some dynamic between the misdoer and the person witnessing the behavior.

All that said, customers should kind of know the devil they are buying from (big pet peeve of mine about companies on the sole side and random bad customer treatment).  As opposed to the sites that BS guys dress up to make their pimple co. the biggest thing since [name that publicly traded mega hosting company] and totally legit, cause they said so.

PS: In light of the many attempts by him to pay off moderators, give freebies for access to them, etc.  I took that clear road or letting him communicate and get some ear time, but that wasn't buying favor and surely don't want free hosting or anything else.  I don't do pay to play.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
As opposed to the sites that BS guys dress up to make their pimple co. the biggest thing since [name that publicly traded mega hosting company] and totally legit, cause they said so.
If they have a mom who's a lawyer and likes to file lawsuits then their pimple co. is "totally legit, cause they said so", and when the hosting career goes south they can always sell the pimple's remains and go and reinvent themselves and become the "Frack Master" (google that phrase). :p

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
If they have a mom who's a lawyer and likes to file lawsuits then their pimple co. is "totally legit, cause they said so", and when the hosting career goes south they can always sell the pimple's remains and go and reinvent themselves and become the "Frack Master" (google that phrase). :p
Chris Faulkner :) CI Host.

I recall the story from another circle (i.e. that douchenozzle being quotable for fracking while having the brains and experience in such of a goose egg).

Faulkner is the prototype for asshats in this industry and perpetual get rich-at-any-cost scammers.  

See:

http://www.texasobserver.org/the-lite-guv-and-the-frack-master/

... and I entirely in past didn't relate Faulkner and CI Host to random Chicago DC that was burglarized / robber multiple times:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/11/02/chicaco_datacenter_breaches/

amuck-landowner