amuck-landowner

Jonny Nguyen - GreenValueHost - Raided by Police.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Yeah sorry about that, didn't realize it might poof.
It poofed from WHT, but didn't poof from the order form on his site..."XEN HVM Virtual Machines" are available to order on his WHMCS

XEN1 - 1 CPU Core

70GB Disk Space

2000GB Bandwidth

1536MB Guaranteed RAM

512MB Swap

1 IPv4 Address

Free Wildcard SSL Certificate

$4.95 USD Monthly

XEN2 - 2 CPU Cores

140GB Disk Space

5000GB Bandwidth

3GB Guaranteed RAM

1024MB Swap

1 IPv4 Address

$9.90 USD Monthly

XEN3 - 4 CPU Cores

280GB Disk Space

10000GB Bandwidth

6GB Guaranteed RAM

1024MB Swap

1 IPv4 Address

$19.80 USD Monthly

XEN4 - 8 CPU Cores

560GB Disk Space

20000GB Bandwidth

12GB Guaranteed RAM

1024MB Swap

1 IPv4 Address

$39.60 USD Monthly

TL;DR WTF happened to the recent assurances from Jonny and others that GVH was out of the VPS game?

Hxxx

Johnny is the real troll deal. :) , lets move on people, kids gotta be kids. Lets not give any more attention to this, close thread, ban whoever open another thread problem solved , 0 publicity. 

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
It poofed from WHT, but didn't poof from the order form on his site..."XEN HVM Virtual Machines" are available to order on his WHMCS

XEN1 - 1 CPU Core

70GB Disk Space

2000GB Bandwidth

1536MB Guaranteed RAM

512MB Swap

1 IPv4 Address

$4.95 USD Monthly
 $4.95 for 1.5GB~ of RAM...  < $3.30 per GB of RAM... yeah... alrighty... 42 plans on 64GB of RAM  $207.90 pre all costs on a full node...    on rented gear...

Can someone pull this off? Yeah when they live at home and have no bills and where a company is rain so lean that blinking wrong can crash the place.... 

TL;DR WTF happened to the recent assurances from Jonny and others that GVH was out of the VPS game?
He'd probably sell blood serum in a bad neighborhood for cash.   He'd sell clean urine, but... nevermind...  Hell if I were his parents with the legal bills I'd be renting him out to clean septic systems by hand.

No one has anything to hold over his head at this point preventing him from selling VPS.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
And I will note that the offer said PRE SALE in each and every of the first three lines.  Does WHT even allow presales?  Bad approach pre sales are.  Toxic like annuals.

Also said 24 containers per node maximum... so 24 x $4.95 = $118.80 income, pre every cost.  So either 32GB boxes or more likely nested virtualization to stretch a box into more instances.  

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
And I will note that the offer said PRE SALE in each and every of the first three lines.  Does WHT even allow presales?  Bad approach pre sales are.  Toxic like annuals.

Also said 24 containers per node maximum... so 24 x $4.95 = $118.80 income, pre every cost.  So either 32GB boxes or more likely nested virtualization to stretch a box into more instances.  
Well...  Ignoring if this is CC pricing (since he still does owe CC money from what I recall).  It sounds like he's doing this a Dual E5620 node with 48 GB RAM and 2x 2 TB HDD for 75/month at Dacentec.  The CPU Core speed is about right (2.66 GHz max, 2.40 GHz regular) but the count is off, and the ram allocation will be right for it.  In addition they do 1 dollar per IP so I can see this being it, especially since Dacentec recently got a ton of press on LET for their dirt cheap and old old old dedicated servers.  But I guess what makes it not Dacentec for me is that they don't do free Wildcard SSL.  What datacenter was it again that did the free Wildcard SSL?  Maybe they got some Dual E5620s there? 

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
What happened to the 2-year non-compete agreement he supposedly made with Duke?
There was never any real / final contract style docs signed.  Handoff was more like a  quit, here are the keys, debt, clients, etc.

it not Dacentec for me is that they don't do free Wildcard SSL.  What datacenter was it again that did the free Wildcard SSL?  Maybe they got some Dual E5620s there? 
Unsure where he's selling from now.  But I know of one free wildcard SSL network and those are to be used on their network / IP space, not all over the net.  Pisses me off cause such a promo from a DC is fairly idiotic to start with and licensing concept is a bad one... then to have them floating all over the place.. yeah, license enforcement needs to start happening.

Dillybob

I love how 'bear' defends him.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1484708&page=8&p=9458394#post9458394

Just another reason to stay the fuck away from WHT. Nonetheless $1,400 a year for a fucking sticky thread? You could invest in such better stuff for your company than a forum title. Forums are a dying breed. Especially shitty vBulletin 2005 design ones like WHT. (Also, who the hell has the time nowadays in 2015 to be waiting 2-5 seconds per page refresh on a forum? Not me). And I've seen nothing but a decrease of forum activity in the past few years. 

Your forum title and 'green / orange / rainbow username' is fucking irrelevant to me when I do my backup check on your company, your reviews, your website, and your posts on forums before I buy from you. When will hosts realize this, but WHT is a waste of money and a disgrace to entrepreneurs. I am irate every time I have to go there to be honest, wish they could just delete my fucking account.

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner