amuck-landowner

Jonny Nguyen - GreenValueHost - Raided by Police.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
When he was renting IP space from Crissic, he was on average 15 days overdue, with multiple reminders from me personally to get payments. A big reason why we stopped selling him stuff (amongst all of the other crap)
HAHA.

So he tried showing everyone how much money he was making.  He tried acting all big shot. 

However when it came time for him to pay, he was always late on his bills.

Absolutely hilarious.  He was trying way too hard to look cool.  

Tyler

:(

I don't get why people are so mean to their own clients. Was he just being forgetful?

Francisco
I'd have a hard time calling this forgetful. If you can't or choose not to renew a server after multiple reminders, then you're being either intentionally cheap or negligent.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
HAHA.

So he tried showing everyone how much money he was making.  He tried acting all big shot. 

However when it came time for him to pay, he was always late on his bills.

Absolutely hilarious.  He was trying way too hard to look cool.
Well it's easy to have "stacks of bens" when you don't actually pay your vendors. Remember, he owes CC at least $4000. I have a strong feeling the only reason 'the company is in debt that money' is because he used it for his own stuff, and not that the company was on hard times.

I'd have a hard time calling this forgetful. If you can't or choose not to renew a server after multiple reminders, then you're being either intentionally cheap or negligent.
Great, so you've more or less confirmed my previous statement then. He forced lines-of-credits with vendors.

Francisco

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
But I bet he is never late on that WHT Corp Subscription Payment
Word is bird that WHT has shenanigans with Corporate $450 a quarter membership.  Let's just say there are people out there who have such who aren't paying.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
It's entirely worthless these days anyway.
However for those uneducated/unknown they still consider the "Corporate Membership" to mean "Trustworthiness" and "Reliable".  

Honestly it just means they can shell out 450 dollars every now and then.  

Onra Host

Verified Provider
Great, so you've more or less confirmed my previous statement then. He forced lines-of-credits with vendors.

But did he really? Thats more of the vendors fault for letting him go 1, 2, three months without paying. I mean thats ok for a shared website or small VPS, but were talking 1k bills here. 

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
But did he really? Thats more of the vendors fault for letting him go 1, 2, three months without paying. I mean thats ok for a shared website or small VPS, but were talking 1k bills here. 
You'd be surprised how much people are willing to "bend the rules" with promise of future money.  Because he was "web hosting", you know his success would equal your success (because they'd be buying more servers from you).  So if you give them a free pass this time then maybe they'll return the favor next time and buy more servers from you in the future.

Or even then maybe let this happen however put in a clause that you can later seize the assets (such as clients) if the bill gets too high.  

It's sometimes a stupid way of thinking it.  Others, it's a legit way that's worked for them.  Honestly comes down to who trusts Johnny and who doesn't.  Personally I think anyone who trusted/believed in Johnny were misled by his "attempt at being innocent".  You can tell who's more gullible.  

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
My wish for him is for him to learn his lesson, maybe even learn a bit humility, and to come out of it with more knowledge and respect.  However, knowing him, I highly doubt it.  
It looks to me like he came out of it offering WHT users 65% off recurring discounts on annual payments.

EDIT: ONLY THE PHOENIX LOCATION IS AVAILABLE. There was a typo made in this thread.

edit2: This post was originally posted by me with a VPN on accident. This edit was made with my residential connection.
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1486269

See, he did learn something from this police scare. He's posting offers now from his residential connection not his school connection. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

HN-Matt

Verified Provider
hahaha with that writing style why doesn't he just move on to selling Binary Options scams and get it over with.

4. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed - Relaunch review statistics? 2 positive, zero negative. We're a changed company.
lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
I had a client once who though they could pay a bill 2 weeks late, and that the day they paid the bill was due 30 days from that day.  Thinking they get 15 days free.  He was not a client for long.
we have had a few wars on WHT with past clients that were upset that after not paying their invoice for 3 weeks, that we'd have the audacity to delete their stuff and not just "bill them for the storage". Well, given you haven't paid in the past month anyway, where's our assurances that you're going to pay now?

Francisco

Tyler

Just a little juxtaposition:

4. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed - Relaunch review statistics? 2 positive, zero negative. We're a changed company.
I ordered a reseller package for testing purpose a month ago. (Because I TRUSTED CORPORATE MEMBER label) That reseller closed several times (according to john, servers are under attacking). since 7 hours and a half hour ago server which is my account in named TAYLOR is down. 

i added skype account but there is no support. i say something, he say something only once 24 hours.
there is a phone number but it is only saves messages, there is no real person.
there is no 7/24 technical ticket support. it is only maybe 1 hours per 2 day.

also there is no LITESPEED, R1BACKUP, UNLIMITED IP and DDOS PROTECT as written on sales topic

I DONT UNDERSTAND, HOW GIVEN CORPORATEMEMBER LABEL TO SOME ONE LIKE THAT?

i am opening a paypal case for refund now.
Yet another happy customer!

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Long believed Jonny was mental health material...  I detest the folks who discover such in their legal wranglings as an excuse for their behavior.

But, so many folks saw Jonny's antics and one minute to another flip flopping.  Really not the stuff of a sane mind.

As I am fond of saying,  companies will ask for prices from consumers that reflect their own self worth.  With GVH that is < $1 a month.  So very very low self worth, unable to justify anything other than downward price pressure.

I look forward to mental health evaluation and outcome of such for Jonny.   Ideally they address deep rooted issues and get him the help he needs so the rest of his life is more ehh normal...

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
hahaha with that writing style why doesn't he just move on to selling Binary Options scams and get it over with.

lol.
Dat sample size

It's just like:

Pinging google.com [59.18.34.162] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 59.18.34.162: bytes=32 time=2ms TTL=55

Ping statistics for 59.18.34.162:

Packets: Sent = 1, Received = 1, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 2ms, Maximum = 2ms, Average = 2ms
^ See?  No packetloss!  We're a perfectly reliable company! 

Long believed Jonny was mental health material...  I detest the folks who discover such in their legal wranglings as an excuse for their behavior.

But, so many folks saw Jonny's antics and one minute to another flip flopping.  Really not the stuff of a sane mind.

As I am fond of saying,  companies will ask for prices from consumers that reflect their own self worth.  With GVH that is < $1 a month.  So very very low self worth, unable to justify anything other than downward price pressure.

I look forward to mental health evaluation and outcome of such for Jonny.   Ideally they address deep rooted issues and get him the help he needs so the rest of his life is more ehh normal...
I honestly think he "does hosting" to make himself feel important.  I mean I think he lacks a social life outside of the internet and spends his time on GVH simply to feel important.  Kid needs to grow up and maybe even go out a bit.  

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
However for those uneducated/unknown they still consider the "Corporate Membership" to mean "Trustworthiness" and "Reliable".  

Honestly it just means they can shell out 450 dollars every now and then.  
Sadly the buyers on WHT and more and more frequently English challenged and monetarily limited view the membership as some sort of earned status.  The topic comes up too frequently to just be a random folk or two lost in space.

WHT is bound to catch some sh~t about membership in coming quarters.  New owner is about content and optimizing.   So they are going to be looking for coins under cushions.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I honestly think he "does hosting" to make himself feel important.  I mean I think he lacks a social life outside of the internet and spends his time on GVH simply to feel important.  Kid needs to grow up and maybe even go out a bit.  
I recommended gardening to him about 30 times. Plants don't care what you look like, that you are inept, that you dress funny, etc.   It gives work return and something to constant tend, so gives structure....  Can become something fairly amazing or something minimal and quite modest depending on your efforts.

Community service in his own town would be another great idea....

amuck-landowner