amuck-landowner

Jonny Nguyen - GreenValueHost - Raided by Police.

Dillybob

Did he edit his post? The one you linked to doesn't show bear defending him at all. It just bear posting some common sense that people seem to be lacking.
 Nop, he didn't edit it.

But, from what I got out of his post in context was he's referring to GVH  by saying 'So, a host should not be allowed, simply because they're new and inexperienced (even existing hosts occasionally have major problems)? '  he's basically referring to what GVH did and saying it's okay and fine because he's new and a startup company.

That's what I got out of it anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Nop, he didn't edit it.

But, from what I got out of his post in context was he's referring to GVH  by saying 'So, a host should not be allowed, simply because they're new and inexperienced (even existing hosts occasionally have major problems)? '  he's basically referring to what GVH did and saying it's okay and fine because he's new and a startup company.

That's what I got out of it anyway.
Oh, you read it out of context then. He quoted another user and was responding to them directly about a change in the rules. GVH is not new nor a startup company so I doubt bear would be referring to them directly and instead was proposing a question to the person he quoted to illustrate that it's not fair to ban all hosts that are new and inexperienced especially since established hosts (like GVH) have major problems and even if they were to do something like that where would the line be drawn for a rule like that.

Dillybob

Oh, you read it out of context then. He quoted another user and was responding to them directly about a change in the rules. GVH is not new nor a startup company so I doubt bear would be referring to them directly and instead was proposing a question to the person he quoted to illustrate that it's not fair to ban all hosts that are new and inexperienced especially since established hosts (like GVH) have major problems and even if they were to do something like that where would the line be drawn for a rule like that.
Hmm. I'll take a look and re-edit my post.

One thing that I saw that made me question his thoughts are:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1484708&page=7&p=9458363#post9458363

"My opinion is, it's not a "badge of authenticity", it's a membership level that allows for more frequent advertising and greater PM storage, along with some other perks. I don't recall seeing anything about doing background checks and quality assurance or anything of the sort. It's a paid membership. Open to any who can pay and feel it's something they want. When I visit a forum, I see only staff titles or something that says "confirmed good member and honest host" or somesuch before thinking that any badge has meaning.

It's like web awards. How many have you seen that were fabricated or worthless?"

He's blatantly saying they do not do 'background checks and quality assurance', but they can advertise a lot more often than other hosts. That is contradictory because if someone or a host is going to be advertising more, shouldn't Quality Assurance be a concern? He makes no sense in my opinion. The more I read his posts, the more iRate I get.

KuJoe

Verified Provider

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1484708&page=7&p=9458363#post9458363

"My opinion is, it's not a "badge of authenticity", it's a membership level that allows for more frequent advertising and greater PM storage, along with some other perks. I don't recall seeing anything about doing background checks and quality assurance or anything of the sort. It's a paid membership. Open to any who can pay and feel it's something they want. When I visit a forum, I see only staff titles or something that says "confirmed good member and honest host" or somesuch before thinking that any badge has meaning.

It's like web awards. How many have you seen that were fabricated or worthless?"

He's blatantly saying they do not do 'background checks and quality assurance', but they can advertise a lot more often than other hosts. That is contradictory because if someone or a host is going to be advertising more, shouldn't Quality Assurance be a concern? He makes no sense in my opinion. The more I read his posts, the more iRate I get.
I personally think that the WHT staff should have some say in the memberships, like a review board or something. Unfortunately the WHT staff is hands off of anything that involves money so they are in the same boat as you and I when it comes to that. You're getting mad at the wrong person, bear has as much influence over how memberships are handled as we do.

Dillybob

I personally think that the WHT staff should have some say in the memberships, like a review board or something. Unfortunately the WHT staff is hands off of anything that involves money so they are in the same boat as you and I when it comes to that. You're getting mad at the wrong person, bear has as much influence over how memberships are handled as we do.
Well, I just feel like WHT needs to do some type quality insurance on their hosts that have badges. They must be held at a higher standard... GreenValueHostGM for example.. That is just nonsense he can run around on that forum with that type of corporate membership. Just absolutely disgusting how future newbies looking for hosts and find him will be scammed and invest in a lost cause. It's just sad.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Well, I just feel like WHT needs to do some type quality insurance on their hosts that have badges. They must be held at a higher standard. 
I agree, but then they probably wouldn't be bringing in millions of dollars a year if they started getting selective. WHT is a business owned by a corporation so they operate based on their business model which means somebody is getting screwed over at some point, and it won't be the ones sending them a check. I'm not saying they are evil for wanting to make money, but they should at least have some warning for visitors somewhere.

Dillybob

I agree, but then they probably wouldn't be bringing in millions of dollars a year if they started getting selective. WHT is a business owned by a corporation so they operate based on their business model which means somebody is getting screwed over at some point, and it won't be the ones sending them a check. I'm not saying they are evil for wanting to make money, but they should at least have some warning for visitors somewhere.
Basically this user took the words out of my mouth: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1484708&page=8&p=9458485#post9458485

Then why you call it premium and corporate? You should change that into donor and vip donor because this is the real description of what they truly are. Most people when they see corporate title thinks how this person/host must be trustworthy. Requirement for this title should be same as for EV SSL and all the details available to the public. But WHT will never do that and we know why. The amount of people paying for corporate title will drastically drop down, frankly real question would be who will be left to carry on this title.You [WHT] are selling an illusion, allowing all kind of spammers and abusers to not only buy their reputation with your freaking badges but to endlessly spam offer sections on the forum knowing how bad they are. Who cares for all the money people lost only thing what is important for you is how you can sell few more titles.
100% Agree with him, but it would be so awkward for hosts to have 'Donor or ViP Donor' tags, lol.  But yeah, I get your point they are a corporation I guess. Although, I wrote a script for IPXCore a few years ago graphing the online members on WHT.. And they do seem like their forum activity is decreasing now that I look at it as compared to back then.

DaringHost

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1489194&p=9468206

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

"Hosting Company in a Box" service to be launched by GreenValueHost.com

GreenValueHost believes that the hosting industry is far from over-saturated, and has massive potential for growth. We believe that there are nowhere near enough hosting providers taking advantage of the profitability of the industry. Our "Hosting Company in a Box" services are designed to make it possible for anyone, anywhere, of any age, to become Chief Executive Officer of their own premium hosting company within minutes of making a small payment!

"To become successful in this industry, many would tell you that you need experience, creativity, lots of startup funds, your own servers, staff, and so much more that's out of your reach. Not anymore. With "Hosting Company in a Box", you need none of that. No creativity, no skills, and no startup funds. You just make a few simple clicks and you ARE the boss. You ARE the CEO. And you are empowered with everything you need to go out and be successful."

"Hosting Company in a Box" will be an all-in-one package including a hosting domain name, brand name with slogan, 3 year DDoS protected GreenValueHost reseller account, customized website design (from a template), a free billing system (with the option to upgrade to WHMCS for a low monthly cost), a domain reseller account, preconfigured hosting plans, a 1 year business plan writeup with recommended niche market and growth strategies, and 5 hours of free business management consulting. At checkout, customers will have the option to choose their own brand name with slogan, and their own niche market if they do not want us to choose one for them.

We are launching this service in the spirit of summer and are expecting this service to be available for purchase by June 20, 2015. Pricing information and more will be announced soon on our website, so stay tuned!

Find out more at http://www.greenvaluehost.com

k0nsl

Bad Goy
Now GVH is resorting to trolling, surely? I cannot believe it. Who issues those releases, the guy who made that lame video (Duke?) or are they issued by the "hax0r" Jonathan Nguyen? Incredible.

Hxxx

Kill the thread with fire. Really people your are worst than paparazzi , and you are also helping a troll by spreading the news every time the guy breath.  

zed

Get real, this shit is funny.

edit: maybe we could have an "Industry Jokes" subforum for stuff like gvh announcements though.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I love how 'bear' defends him.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1484708&page=8&p=9458394#post9458394

Just another reason to stay the fuck away from WHT. Nonetheless $1,400 a year for a fucking sticky thread? You could invest in such better stuff for your company than a forum title. Forums are a dying breed. Especially shitty vBulletin 2005 design ones like WHT. (Also, who the hell has the time nowadays in 2015 to be waiting 2-5 seconds per page refresh on a forum? Not me). And I've seen nothing but a decrease of forum activity in the past few years. 

Your forum title and 'green / orange / rainbow username' is fucking irrelevant to me when I do my backup check on your company, your reviews, your website, and your posts on forums before I buy from you. When will hosts realize this, but WHT is a waste of money and a disgrace to entrepreneurs. I am irate every time I have to go there to be honest, wish they could just delete my fucking account.
Stickies are a mega ton more than that :)  They vary by category.  Thousands PER MONTH for VPS.

WHT remains remarkable since it's GVH's sole venue to make a mess / self promote. Mods are doing a creepy lousy job reigning GVH in.  Were regular complaints from customers for a long time and replies made to customers that were downright wrong (like often slapping them for their lack of English "apprehension").  Ho hum about that word misuse - his, not mine.

The problem with all of these sites is that you get this BS view of a company as their offer and all the hype.  If you want to research you have to use the busted forums search functionality which all of them are nearly useless.  Google searching is a bit better - but 4 searches and 10 tabs later, yeah, normal folks aren't doing such in today's ADD 5 second, 140 character society - and sketchy mofos like this know that.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent

Paid membership WHT style is:

1. Misleading to buyers.

2. Infers some status that isn't earned, but rather has been bought.

3. Gives retarded special privileges like mega frequency spamming offers.

4. Lowers participation threshold by such companies to be mainly hit the forum deck to spam ads.. Justified cost expenditure in lieu of participation.

I am hoping the new owner of WHT applies their business rules and auditing soon.  When Penton steps in - even subtly in the background, heads and policies at WHT are going to roll.  Things are going to change.

Things have to change big picture or WHT obituary is showing up not far in the future.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
a 1 year business plan writeup with recommended niche market and growth strategies, and 5 hours of free business management consulting.
^^ :rolleyes:  :lol:  :p

That might be even funnier than when he was offering managed security hardening services.

Poor customers who get sucked into his latest money making scheme.  :(

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
^^ :rolleyes:  :lol:  :p

That might be even funnier than when he was offering managed security hardening services.

Poor customers who get sucked into his latest money making scheme.  :(
As retarded as offering DDoS protection services while you embark in packet therapy against such.

I think I've arrived at the place where old timers often do about young folks not listening, liking to go about life in fail routes, etc.

Thinking best route for GVH, the justice plan is to start quieting all talk about his enterprise and starve him of attention.

We should start calling his enterprise SMURFLand and call him GREEDYSMURF.

Hxxx

As retarded as offering DDoS protection services while you embark in packet therapy against such.

I think I've arrived at the place where old timers often do about young folks not listening, liking to go about life in fail routes, etc.

Thinking best route for GVH, the justice plan is to start quieting all talk about his enterprise and starve him of attention.

We should start calling his enterprise SMURFLand and call him GREEDYSMURF.
Is that so? C'mon man you are the queen of the drama here. You wont let this thread die. You love this. Sometimes I think if you are part of GVH or not? LOL

host4go

Verified Provider
Basically this user took the words out of my mouth: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1484708&page=8&p=9458485#post9458485

100% Agree with him, but it would be so awkward for hosts to have 'Donor or ViP Donor' tags, lol.  But yeah, I get your point they are a corporation I guess. Although, I wrote a script for IPXCore a few years ago graphing the online members on WHT.. And they do seem like their forum activity is decreasing now that I look at it as compared to back then.
What about sharing a few screens ? ;)

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Is that so? C'mon man you are the queen of the drama here. You wont let this thread die. You love this. Sometimes I think if you are part of GVH or not? LOL
Sometimes even when you have a mentor role, you have to write some people off as hopeless / unsalvageable.

Thread will die when the kid stops it / self purges / finds a skirt to chase / goes outside / finally gets arrested and detained....

His whole goal is attention.  I don't know if his mother didn't breastfeed or if they let the family dog babysit him... or...

Any asshole who goes promoting summerhosts for real and mocks CEO capacity and the rest of what we saw today deserves kicked off a bridge.  It's two huge middle fingers up by him to everyone that shows up, learns, applies knowledge and builds a legitimate business.

Dillybob

Stickies are a mega ton more than that :)  They vary by category.  Thousands PER MONTH for VPS.

WHT remains remarkable since it's GVH's sole venue to make a mess / self promote. Mods are doing a creepy lousy job reigning GVH in.  Were regular complaints from customers for a long time and replies made to customers that were downright wrong (like often slapping them for their lack of English "apprehension").  Ho hum about that word misuse - his, not mine.

The problem with all of these sites is that you get this BS view of a company as their offer and all the hype.  If you want to research you have to use the busted forums search functionality which all of them are nearly useless.  Google searching is a bit better - but 4 searches and 10 tabs later, yeah, normal folks aren't doing such in today's ADD 5 second, 140 character society - and sketchy mofos like this know that.

Wait, you have to be pay for your thread to be stickied even if you have a corporate title?

amuck-landowner