amuck-landowner

Kodo Technologies announces HostGuard VPS Control Panel

HostGuard

Verified Provider
I didn't want to create a new thread and spam this, but we've released v1.1.0

We also have a 3 week release cycle turn around, so I don't want to flood the announcements section with updates each time we release new features which will be all the time.

In the past 10 days since HostGuard's initial release, we've recieved numerous feature requests and comments about how we can improve our software.  We always welcome and encourage this kind of feedback – it helps us make HostGuard better for everyone.  We immediately began to work on some of the most requested features, as well as a few that stuck out to us as the most useful and necessary.  We're proud to release our first feature update release, Version 1.1.0.

New Features

- Blesta Billing Module

- Assign MAC addresses to individual IP addresses (necessary for KVM on OVH's network)

- Delete Node function for removing nodes that are no longer in service

- Added confirmation checkbox when reinstalling OS to prevent accidental reinstalls

During this release cycle, we also identified a few bugs, which we've corrected.

Bug Fixes

- Fix an issue that prevented alerts from being sent out when node memory usage exceeded the “Warning” threshold

- Clarified the MySQL root password prompt when installing a HostGuard Master

- The installer now installs the setproctitle python module, fixing an issue with the init scripts for hgstatus-server and hgstatus-pinger (the daemons responsible for status and ICMP monitoring)

- Remove “OpenVZ” option from the “Add ISO” page (since OpenVZ doesn't use ISOs)

- Resolved an issue with displaying bandwidth on the node status page

Upgrading

To upgrade from HostGuard 1.0.0 to HostGuard 1.1.0, follow the process for installing HostGuard Master, as documented at http://hostguard.net/docs/master_installation.  The installer should detect that you have HostGuard installed, and offer to upgrade your installation.  During the upgrade process, the files from your previous HostGuard installation will be backed up to /usr/share/hostguard.backup.[timestamp].  This upgrade does not require any changes to your HostGuard KVM or OpenVZ nodes.

Roadmap

We understand that it's important for providers to be able to provide a consistent interface throughout their customer-facing software.  Therefore, our next development cycle will focus on customization.  To make HostGuard's user interface completely customizable, we will be working to prepare our base template files for release as unencoded source files.  In addition, we will be developing a Bootstrap 3 based template, which will also be released unencoded.

In addition to the customization features, we will be beginning work on a Xen module for HostGuard. More details about the Xen module will be released as we finalize the plans for Xen.

As previously mentioned, we welcome your feedback and suggestions, and all comments are taken into consideration as we work to improve HostGuard.  We would like to thank everyone who has provided their input during this first point-release development cycle.  While we could not address every suggestion or feature request during this cycle, we haven't thrown out any request or suggestion and will be re-evaluating all feedback to see what we can fit into our 1.2.0 development cycle in addition to the planned features announced above.

Last edited by a moderator:

javaj

Looks good, I took you up on your release special, just waiting to hear back on a billing Issue.

I looked but didn't find an answer, but are SolusVM KVM templates supported out of the box? How about stacklet, or do we need to do any modifications...

Virtovo

Verified Provider
Looks good, I took you up on your release special, just waiting to hear back on a billing Issue.

I looked but didn't find an answer, but are SolusVM KVM templates supported out of the box? How about stacklet, or do we need to do any modifications...
SolusVM KVM Gen2 templates are supported out of the box.

javaj

The ticket number was 611166... but no need to... it was taken care of earlier and its all straightened out so no worries.

HostGuard

Verified Provider
Hey,

It will be available in v1.2.0 which is due end of February.

We will try and get it done earlier, but it's quite an extensive module.

NickM

Verified Provider
If you are looking for someone to help with testing, we're interested.

Thanks.  I will let you (and all other parties interested in Xen) know when I have the packages with Xen support ready.  I am a little behind schedule on getting everything complete for Xen, but I will be working on it all night tonight and over the weekend, and hopefully will have the first test package ready on Monday or Tuesday.

HostGuard

Verified Provider
Any chance of a virtualizor migration tool?
It's possible to look in to if we get enough interest.

Xen and the new template is our priority for the next 2 weeks at least. I've created an issue for this in Jira so I should at least be able to give an ETA in the near future.

Any possibility of offering personal licenses? Ie for home-use.

You can purchase a normal license and use it for personal use of course. It's some thing that was briefly considered, but the first thing people would want would be a discount, which isn't some thing we're willing to do as we need to remain profitable while providing top notch support.

blergh

Verified Provider
Fair enough. How about integrating a rbl-checker for whole ranges? That'd be handy.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Fair enough. How about integrating a rbl-checker for whole ranges? That'd be handy.
Careful young one or you'll bloat it out like SolusVM.

There are things that simply shouldn't be in the core panel. If they want to package up some sort of webhosting toolkit deal that's a whole other sack of crazy.

SolusVM has a major problem with bloat. There are countless features in there that are half complete at best or simply broken.

Francisco

amuck-landowner