amuck-landowner

LET Down?

Darwin

Unsure what maintenance is going on, but surprisingly has worked well for me the past day or two despite reports from others. I keep having to login each time I go to the site, so it's not saving my sessions, but it is loading for me actually.
That was happening to me (before I was banned).

EDIT: Nope, you were banned @Munzy http://www.lowendtalk.com/profile/mun

EDIT2: You too, @Darwin: http://www.lowendtalk.com/profile/69929/Darwin

Thought it was just error, but maybe not.
I think neither of us can see these pages  :p

Mun was banned I think a few weeks ago. I remember that I tried to search his posts to try to understand why.

If I have to bet, I was banned because I changed my email, I saw a post from mpkossen I think? saying that they ban/block some accounts based in the email used. ( I am saying that because I changed it yesterday to the same one I use here in vpsboard and as you can see, it may sound harsh to a few people - thats why I don't make it public)

Last edited by a moderator:

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Actually if anything this pretty much proves there isn't any sort of cluster involved.

SQL was supposed to be all clustered together and remote to the webservers.

Migrating the site shouldn't require any touching of SQL minus changing the allowed IP's for the users.

I could see them maybe wanting to do it to ride out the DB load, but if there's seriously a few E3's

clustering SQL w/ probably SSD's, either you need a proper database administrator to optimize your setup

or vanilla is really that terrible.

Does the cluster even exist?

Francisco

Munzy

That was happening to me (before I was banned).

I think neither of us can see these pages  :p

Mun was banned I think a few weeks ago. I remember that I tried to search his posts to try to understand why.

If I have to bet, I was banned because I changed my email, I saw a post from mpkossen I think? saying that they ban/block some accounts based in the email used. ( I am saying that because I changed it yesterday to the same one I use here in vpsboard and as you can see, it may sound harsh to a few people - thats why I don't make it public)
No I was banned / disabled/ something right before the attack which was ~5 days ago

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Oh you bad boyzzzzzz.  Ban hammered.

Someone ping Kossen.  Has to be an error.  Neither of you probably have a clue why you were banned.

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
Nekki posted that Darwin was caught in a spam trap when changing emails.

Also said that Darwin should contact him for exact details.

rds100

Verified Provider
There is still some idiocy with cloudflare and IP blocking going on.

Try this:

for i in `seq 1 20` ; do wget -O/dev/null http://www.lowendtalk.com ;  done

Or simply open 5-6 new tabs with LET threads in your browser.

From many locations this results in the IP not being able to access LET any more, for an hour or so. Interesting enough i tried from 3 different US VPSes - no blocking occured for any of them.

AnthonySmith

Verified Provider
@rds100 .... I dont want to even say this because it is so beyond idiotic if true...

Do you think they have perhaps put an ACL in place after the initial attacks and done a terrible job of gathering real malicious IP's and ended up banning half of the user base with IP ACL's?

that would just be... wow.

rds100

Verified Provider
@rds100 .... I dont want to even say this because it is so beyond idiotic if true...

Do you think they have perhaps put an ACL in place after the initial attacks and done a terrible job of gathering real malicious IP's and ended up banning half of the user base with IP ACL's?

No, there is probably some automation - if they see several quick connections from one IP it is blocked. And i tried with fresh IPs, that have never before accessed LET.

It was blocked from Bulgaria (tried several IPs from 3 different providers), from Germany, from Netherlands (LES), from UK (LES).

It was never blocked from USA (buyvm, securdragon, LES).

My guess is they have some IP blocking script and didn't whitelist all cloudflare's IPs or something.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen

It wouldn't be the first time they've banned user IPs by mistake after an extended DDoS attack.  My IP was blocked last year (and is still blocked). 

It was blocked from ... Germany
I haven't had any problems accessing LE* from my remote desktop at Hetzner (bgp.he.net on the other hand thinks I'm a bot when I access it from Hetzner :p)

msp - nick

Verified Provider
Nope, day 6 and cannot access still.

Interestingly, I an access LEB.

Last edited by a moderator:

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Nope, day 6 and cannot access still.

Interestingly, I an access LEB.
Apparently several people are claiming that LET may have accidentally banned your IP (due to a shoddy script to stop DDoS attacks).  Check from a different IP or something.  

wlanboy

Content Contributer
Quite hard settings on cloudflare side.

Got my "checking your browser" ddos protection site from cloudflare whenever I use my windows mobile phone (shared ip).

Switching to WLAN solve this type of "problem" for me.

msp - nick

Verified Provider
Apparently several people are claiming that LET may have accidentally banned your IP (due to a shoddy script to stop DDoS attacks).  Check from a different IP or something.  
Yeah, I can access from another IP and location..

Just not my home IP. ohhh dearrr.

amuck-landowner