amuck-landowner

LET Down?

tdale

Verified Provider
I was never under anyone's desk. I'm just saying nobody can really take all their support options offline. At the end of the day ColoCrossing by no means is a kiddie host. Everyone will still have their own views and opinions.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
ColoCrossing isn't a kiddie host.  They do use old hardware but then again who doesn't have an old box here and there?

My biggest issue with ColoCrossing is their ethics.  I would never trust a service by ColoCrossing or a single service provider who uses them.  This is mostly because I don't want to support ColoCrossing in any financial way, which may or may not impact several people here on this forum (not to be disrespectful to you, but this is my opinion on ColoCrossing).  

I'm not saying "DDoS CC it's great!", because DDoS in itself is a total dick thing to do.  But for anyone else who uses ColoCrossing and inevitably gets screwed over it, I have no sympathy for you.  It's just like someone getting screwed over by GVH.  It's like "seriously... you should have known better"

I guess this can be taken the wrong way.  Basically what I meant is I don't want clients of CC or any companies affiliated with CC down.  But if they do happen to have issues (could be downtime or issues pertaining to relationships with CC) I don't really have any sympathy for them because from the current examples I've seen of how CC acts and does business.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Yet this squabble started when drmike clearly encouraged the attackers to hit a particular target, CC's billing.
Hrm.  Looks like I'm just reading it differently then - I don't see any encouragement, just hindsight commentary.  On several occassions pub has done anti-skid rants, and to me his "should've hit them in the wallet" is no different from the Americans that said "Should've gotten in further" when talking about the recent White House infiltrations.  Do they *really* want to see a man get killed?  Likely not.  It's just expressing an opinion.

'Course, I could be way off.  But that's just how I'm seeing it.

Well, I don't really remember everything but still one can still say you wanted stayed there until it's convenient for you to move, no?
 No, we wanted to get out as quickly as we could. Things were fine the first couple months, then it was nothing but problem after problem. At a point like that, when a move has to be done either way, you want to end the suffering and get it over with as soon as possible to minimize the time your clients have to suffer for a pathetic upstream. Which leads into...

For example, how many people out there even care if the owner of a company they do business is a jackass if they get what they pay for and satisfied with the service they receive?
See, that's just it. If CC ran a stellar network, it'd be one thing to overlook the childish behaviour. But they don't - the network is trash, the service is horrible, the "techs" are the very definition of incompetant.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Why is part of LET not covered by CloudFlare?

They keep having issues with cloudflare.
It's possible the flood is big enough that cloudflare is kicking them off of the protection?

We can safely assume they're on the business plan, so it's possible it's bleeding. They enabled the 'inline checking' on LEB, it's probably about time they enable it on LET too.

Francisco

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Because they are sloppy.

They leak IPs all the time otherwise.  CF should work for them, but they seem incapable of getting things set up say properly.

Hiding the sites seems like a good idea, but proper policies and checksums clearly aren't in place. Never have been.

First time you fail like this, you learn, second time, you really learn.  Third time anywhere else and people get fired/replaced/outsourced.   Them, meh, they like to run around in circles and try to tank things with their big upstream pipes.   That can work, until you realize HF folks offering bad traffic to quantity exceeding their pipes.  That has zero to do with dealing with Layer 7 attacks which they should be swallowing in Moby Dick sizes. 

Blowing your IPs public, means getting backdoored with packets, minus the lube.

Cloudflare's $200 a month package claims to offer all sorts of filtering on various layer attacks:

https://www.cloudflare.com/ddos

And that plan comes with a 100% uptime SLA.   Whatever that means - ideally proper account credits... (I don't use / subscribe to Cloudflare so someone else drop the knowledge).

Munzy

It's possible the flood is big enough that cloudflare is kicking them off of the protection?

We can safely assume they're on the business plan, so it's possible it's bleeding. They enabled the 'inline checking' on LEB, it's probably about time they enable it on LET too.

Francisco
I don't think they have a business plan, otherwise why wouldn't they enable the Free SSL included. 

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
I don't think they have a business plan, otherwise why wouldn't they enable the Free SSL included.
Then that's probably why they keep bleeding floods. CF's free stuff disables pretty quick at the first sign of a SYN/HTTP flood.

Francisco

Munzy

Oh come the frick on buysellads. They're using a selfsigned SSL, lol.Francisco
Maybe so, but it wouldn't take more then a few minutes to right a script that proxies between the sites. Mainly just lazy I assume and they didn't do it.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
I thought it was because of BuySellAds not playing nice with SSL?
BuySellAds Pro plays nice with SSL but it's probably out of their price range https://pro.buysellads.com/publishers

Because DNS management wasn't on the activity list at the daycare center.  These are the same idiots who last year were running both their nameservers on the same IP/same server.

I mean why else would they keep resisting SSL
SSL certificate installation wasn't on the activity list at the daycare either.  I could point out a few threads where installing an SSL turned into a day long adventure for Fapozo & Co.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
LET working for anyone else right now?

Seems down for me, using both www / non-www. Load up a proxy and it works without issue. Unsure if I was blocked or if normal browsing / checking threads / refreshing for updates would trigger some new strict rule in place or not.

Even though I rarely post there I still lurk it often.

amuck-landowner