amuck-landowner

LET Hacked Again

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
LET is giving me the "overcapacity" error now.

I'm wondering if LET is paying the $149/month or $549/month vanillaforums plan. $149/month for a dedicated server for a popular forum...maybe...$549/month to host LET...ouch.

over_capacity.png
I've been seeing that allost every refresh I've made today. If it can't handle the current load, what in the world will happen when get back to "normal" traffic-wise.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I've been seeing that allost every refresh I've made today. If it can't handle the current load, what in the world will happen when get back to "normal" traffic-wise.
Looking around at this place, I do not know if they will get back to 'normal', in regards to their old traffic. If they're paying that much and still getting load errors, I guess we could do them a favor and convert more members to come here. =]

mikho

Probably some old members will continue posting there but there will be more and more lurkers, people who sign up and then never post anything.

Something needs to be done by the team behind leb/let and they need to make it quick.

Dillybob

I cannot stand viewing the topic listings on LET anymore, everything is cluttered and it's just a mess...  it's so irritating, and I know I am not the only one..

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Looking around at this place, I do not know if they will get back to 'normal', in regards to their old traffic. If they're paying that much and still getting load errors, I guess we could do them a favor and convert more members to come here. =]
LET is a frail broken version of itself now.   

Traffic on LET never made much sense to me.   Go look at Alexa and the top countries for LET.  You seeing anything like that for buying customer country origin?   I've long believed they are brokering traffic and much of it isn't real.

Post amounts and volume of posts isn't anything near where it use to be.  But, it had been slumping for a while while traffic rank and ad rates kept climbing; two opposing directions that don't match.

The Offers, well, still plenty of CC network offers.  Even those offers are starting to crush the bottom line and drive cost down even more.  Any long term provider knows LET/LEB buys have plummeted from offers.

Until they show their faces, clean up issues, state why they lied and all the related major issues, there is a full third of the former community I guess that is less than interested in participating over there.  Plus you have account breeches and paranoia about accounts users are now scarred by.

Worst thing that ever happened was Colocrossing being proven as the owner and forced to admit such.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I like these merry go round threads we see rather often on LET:

I am in need of a vps for a minecraft server.. Any mainstream linux (Centos, Ubuntu ect..) - VPS software (Open or vm, doesnt matter) - Ram (2GB Min and higher) - Uplink (100mbps bare min) 

First reply, a provider who I believe sells out of Colocrossing chimes in with... ChicagoVPS.

If I give the thread another day, it will blossom into snickering about that recommendation, a few mentions of another provider and little to nothing else.

How many times can the same goop be posed as content and people seriously not be searching first.

Naruto

IcyLiquid has the same attitude as CVPS_Chris but at least he seems to be an honest fellow whereas Chris is blatantly obvious about his lies like he doesn't even try to cover it up as if his word still means anything.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Sort of makes me wonder how many businesses actually rely on LE* to actually stay in business. I wonder how many of these folks solicit elsewhere, or how much business they get from non LE* sources. 

vanarp

How many times can the same goop be posed as content and people seriously not be searching first.

I somehow do not like the kind of forums that advise me to search the forum before posting any question. I know the veterans of any forum do not like the same content being asked again and again but think from a newbie perspective. Whoever has come to ask such a thing is obviously not an active member of the forum a while and is just checking to see if there are any useful suggestions/recommendations. Most likely he is done with the forum once he has the answers he is looking for. But, the friendly forum members can make a difference and [probably] make him a part of the community by responding patiently.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Most likely he is done with the forum once he has the answers he is looking for. But, the friendly forum members can make a difference and [probably] make him a part of the community by responding patiently.
True.

The problem with such questions is typically the responses are from providers with material interest in making the recommendations they are.  Shilling we call that.

Bigger picture issue is posters like that show up on LET quite often.  It should almost be a prohibited type of post on there.

To point, there is is a need to for asking for input from time to time.   Even perhaps that post could be valid, if and where the community was responding opposed to just a pile of providers doing their merchants in the temple impersonation.  Unless of course, the poster were asking for providers to "bid" or recommend their own service (i.e. I am looking for providers who can offer me this).  

Irks me often that providers jump on threads like those and little to no input from end customers/users.  Makes it look like there are no paying customers.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
IcyLiquid has the same attitude as CVPS_Chris but at least he seems to be an honest fellow whereas Chris is blatantly obvious about his lies like he doesn't even try to cover it up as if his word still means anything.
Wasn't IcyLiquid the Vanilla Forums admin? Why is he still lingering?

Chris is capable of being honest.  Just don't ask him about his business or anything Colocrossing related.  He's no dummy.  

As for Chris' attitude,  it's a routine and persona --- branding for him.  Again he's no dummy and capable of behaving and being rational.

Those two are unrelated accounts though.  Nearly certain of that.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Atleast he was/is Vanillaforums staff.

The one "testing" stuff on a live site :)
Shows what quality software Vanilla DOESN'T have.

Saw some of the threads of the confused natives on Lowendtalk.

Someone needs to go register lowendhack.com and start the parroting and parodies.

mikho

I checked my old lowendbox emails  (google apps login still works !?) and some skype logs...

trying to find when Chief told me about the CC ad was added to the frontpage of LEB, but I cann ot find it.

something that I did find was the helpdesk cost (according to Joel, the monthly PRO version).

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I checked my old lowendbox emails  (google apps login still works !?) and some skype logs...

trying to find when Chief told me about the CC ad was added to the frontpage of LEB, but I cann ot find it.

something that I did find was the helpdesk cost (according to Joel, the monthly PRO version).
What helpdesk are they using anyhow? I remember seeing it a while back and have seen screenshots of "Stephanie's" activity but couldn't figure out what the helpdesk was. Did they ever say who Stephanie was, or is that just another alias as we all suspect for a CC employee or one of their buds?

mikho

What helpdesk are they using anyhow? I remember seeing it a while back and have seen screenshots of "Stephanie's" activity but couldn't figure out what the helpdesk was. Did they ever say who Stephanie was, or is that just another alias as we all suspect for a CC employee or one of their buds?
Arcticdesk was/is being used. Haven't checked if my login still works, would be surprised if it did.

To my knowledge, Zahra was employed by Joel doing other stuff, not related to LEB/LET in the beginning. When Joel decided that the LEB team wouldn't post at the speed that the offers come out today, Zahra was introduced.

Att his time, the LEB team was never informed about this. Only after asking Joel multiple times, he "confessed".

Regarding Stephanie; I have no idea, perhaps it's another one who was employed by Joel, could be a CC worker..... i guess we will never know.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I thought it was established that she was one of Joel's employees, much like Zahra.
Really? Where was this. When brought up, it'd be dismissed. I heard through the grapevine that the IP was a Colocrossing IP (which just means it was a VPN on their network likely), that combined with the fact there was no one who came up when you searched 'her' first+last name led everyone to believe she was simply an alias for someone else. Most people in the industry will have some sort of online presence. A linkedIN, a personal site, something. None of the other mods or writers were aware of who she was, and she was specifically giving orders to them, "Hey do not post this until I give you the go-ahead". I think 'she' made one post on LEB, and no more. Strange situation indeed.

amuck-landowner