amuck-landowner

LET Hacked Again

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
First thread looks to be... @marcm telling them to fix the DNS mess up.   And.... people jump on @marcm for pointing it out.

So much for all the hostiles leaving LET

concerto49

Verified Provider
2WpFv.png
 - otherwise known as the forth impact (I saved a screenshot too)

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
So, did LET use FREE Vanilla hosting and not the paid hosted Vanilla service? I mean, sure, the hosted Vanilla service they'd need would be $550/mo or more. But that's well within the limit considering the ad-revenue it brings in. It's comical enough they sought out a hosted solution considering the site is owned by a DC, but if they went for a free solution.. Well, then. That's just ridiculous.

netnub

So, did LET use FREE Vanilla hosting and not the paid hosted Vanilla service? I mean, sure, the hosted Vanilla service they'd need would be $550/mo or more. But that's well within the limit considering the ad-revenue it brings in. It's comical enough they sought out a hosted solution considering the site is owned by a DC, but if they went for a free solution.. Well, then. That's just ridiculous.
LOL. They did? I thought they used some "premium" colocrossing dedicated servers ;)

ryan

Verified Provider
They keep falling back to an outdated nginx which leads me to believe they are just restoring from a backup...  They seriously just need to wipe the box and start fresh, this is just..... bad...

mnpeep

Verified Provider
Place your bets to see when #6 is going to happen.

I will guess within 48 hours. LET is chugging along VERY SLOWLY right now.

Kyle

I wonder when they're going to just give up... or is this just a publicity stunt for both LET, LEB and CC? This is happening way to much to be a random attack so It's ether them or someone *really* pissed of at them.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I wonder when they're going to just give up... or is this just a publicity stunt for both LET, LEB and CC? This is happening way to much to be a random attack so It's ether them or someone *really* pissed of at them.
Dollar bills.

All those knucklheads care about is the money.  If some accounts of $50k spent to buy LET/LEB, they aren't anywhere near break even point of milking the community.

Flurry of offers on LET and most of them are on CC's network.  It's funny, but not real funny.

Someone from Vanilla was doing "admin" work and added some new feature to public side and the natives took issue and started chest thumping him.

A thread or two about banning users based on their posts that were posted today.

It's a circus over there.  Total short bus pile up.

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
CC can't give up now... to much money involved.

raindog308

vpsBoard Premium Member
LET is giving me the "overcapacity" error now.

I'm wondering if LET is paying the $149/month or $549/month vanillaforums plan.  $149/month for a dedicated server for a popular forum...maybe...$549/month to host LET...ouch.

over_capacity.png

amuck-landowner