amuck-landowner

Let's track the ranking of this forum...

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
maybe everyone moved here? LET has been kinda quiet lately, not sure cause of the hack or something else..

Plenty of us big talkers pulled up stakes from LET.

What is left?  Some decent diehards that think LET will go back to being a kinder and gentler community circa 2011 under LEAdmin.  Time will show it is a looted ship raided by pirates.

earl

Plenty of us big talkers pulled up stakes from LET.

What is left?  Some decent diehards that think LET will go back to being a kinder and gentler community circa 2011 under LEAdmin.  Time will show it is a looted ship raided by pirates.
Pretty much.. What ever it was that made LEB/LET special and unique pretty much disappeared when LEA jumped ship IMO. Good to see he's still around thought, wish he would chime in once in a while.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Pretty much.. What ever it was that made LEB/LET special and unique pretty much disappeared when LEA jumped ship IMO. Good to see he's still around thought, wish he would chime in once in a while.
You never know... he might be doing just that, simply under a new name without revealing himself as LEA.  Given all of the drama, and the inevitable flood of attentions/questions he would get from a public surfacing, one can't really blame him for not wanting to get mixed into the mess anymore.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
New Alexa rank for vpsBoard:

Still climbing.

Now showing India in the country rankings :)

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Now showing India in the country rankings :)
Strange, as GA shows that the top traffic by country would be US, UK, then Canada, followed by Australia. Alexa shows India, then US, then UK followed by Sri Lanka.

Strange.

rds100

Verified Provider
Alexa counts the visitors by the addon/plugin in their browsers i think? It would make sense that most of the DigitalPoint.com audience (i.e. many Indians) would have this plugin installed.

A Jump From Let

Alexa counts the visitors by the addon/plugin in their browsers i think? 
They've used to depend on them, but since several years ago they've took new measurements because many sites started abusing it (or at least that's what they've answered people who contacted them asking about issues). AFAIK it's been more accurate than it was 5 or 6 years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
vpsBoard continues to climb:

Code:
Traffic rank for vpsboard.com:
 	Traffic Rank	Change
1 month	117,582	 -2,252,826	
3 month	311,807	 -	 

Last edited by a moderator:

Supicioso

I'm nothing short of shocked at how fast this forum grew. Communities rarely grow this fast these days. Very rarely.

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
I'm nothing short of shocked at how fast this forum grew. Communities rarely grow this fast these days. Very rarely.
I'm shocked not that this forum grew, but that a whole community moved! It takes a lot to budge a bunch of people who are well-entrenched on a site (i.e. LET). With the hack and the revelation of the CC connection, though, most people up and moved.

Supicioso

I've been hearing murmers about LET, but don't know what happened, anyone care to shed some light? It's gotten me interested.

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
I've been hearing murmers about LET, but don't know what happened, anyone care to shed some light? It's gotten me interested.
Basically, someone hacked it and gave all members administrator privileges. That allowed people to see that certain admin users (most notably the shady "sysadmin" user) had connections to ColoCrossing. Then the site went down, then was restored from a backup. Then was hacked again, then restored again, then hacked a third time. Now it's on fairly stable and secure hosting with Vanilla Forums, but three hacks and the revelation of the CC connection was the straw that broke the camel's back, making everyone come over here.

amuck-landowner