amuck-landowner

Mozilla announces the death of unencrypted HTTP

joepie91

Chrome is dead Adam. I did the same and now im using FF for more things than Chrome now.
Unfortunately, Firefox still doesn't seem to support process isolation for different tabs. That alone is enough reason for me not to use it.

I used it on somebody elses system for a few days while travelling, and all my tabs vanished twice in two days. That's just not doable for me.

telephone

Chrome is dead Adam. I did the same and now im using FF for more things than Chrome now.
Enjoy having a pre-installed proprietary extension "Pocket". They've disabled their own "Reading List" to promote Pocket.

Link: https://blog.mozilla.org/futurereleases/2015/05/13/get-a-firefox-account-and-test-new-features-in-firefox-beta/

Here's what they said in the bug report:

Until we understand how "Reading List" and Pocket may coexist, we will disable Reading List and the new Reading List Sync service

Last edited by a moderator:

Onra Host

Verified Provider
Mozilla is simply betting on LE. If it works, their the first and will be the "innovators and leaders". If it fails... they simply go back to support HTTP. 

SentinelTower

Unfortunately, Firefox still doesn't seem to support process isolation for different tabs. That alone is enough reason for me not to use it.

I used it on somebody elses system for a few days while travelling, and all my tabs vanished twice in two days. That's just not doable for me.
I second that. I like Firefox, I use it as my main browser but when a tab hangs and the whole thing freezes this is so frustrating.

William

pr0
Verified Provider
Chrome for Netflix/Video, Firefox for browsing - Both use a lot of ram (each 1GB+) but with 12GB+ that becomes a non-issue.

amuck-landowner