amuck-landowner

My Google Glass edition has arrived! (Pictures)

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider
Hey,

First of all I would like to thank Keith Myers for the google glass invite! 

Yesterday I was sitting in my house all Cozy when suddenly boom! I got a google glass invite!

7DV05kn.png

I got all excited and immediately paid the $1500 fee within minutes of receiving the invite. Once I ordered it says it will be sent out in 5-8 days. So I was like ok ill wait.. 

A couple hours later I got this:

cXNMzZC.png

My first thought was woot!!! 5-8 days turned into less then 24 hours.

At a little before noon this arrived:  6mwgKEl.jpg

I opened it up to find this: 9Nc5Iu0.jpg

EVKuIRm.jpg

Some attachable sun glasses: 1XsO0IS.jpg

and then finally THE GOOGLE GLASS: uTMULII.jpgd5bToOZ.jpgehzOO2j.jpg

If you have seen pictures of me before you know I wear prescription glasses. You may wonder how that works well with the help of a T4 Screw driver a zip tie and some electrical tape BOOM:

1ZMBTjI.jpg

IT WORKS! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Wait, ha, you taped your prescription lenses over or under these?

Is Google Glass going to be your daily eye-wear now?

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider
Wait, ha, you taped your prescription lenses over or under these?
The google glass is over my perception glasses. The tape is in the back.

Is Google Glass going to be your daily eye-wear now?
Yes they are! I am going to see about getting contacts though. Something awesome that happened when I called my eye doctors office today to set up an appointment was originally my appointment was suppose to be next month, then I told her why before we hung up and she was like omg thats awesome and it suddenly became next week. 

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Someone just bought an overpriced toy.  

Congrats.   Now you are now a  F-list celebrity.

(PS: might want to edit your personal details/address from the shipping labels)

While eating, shopping, etc. people are going to look at your in strange ways.  When the locals get that you are actively interfaced and feeding the borgs, well, they won't be so nice.

Meh... Requires a smart phone to work....

Reactions: scv

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
<--- You like my smart glasses?

I like how they use "beautiful" women in the literature/materials.

Let me know when pretty women start sporting these.

Magiobiwan

Insert Witty Statement Here
Verified Provider
I don't care if it would make me look funny, it's freaking GOOGLE GLASS! I could like... do stuff with it! 

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider
Someone just bought an overpriced toy.  

Congrats.   Now you are now a  F-list celebrity.

(PS: might want to edit your personal details/address from the shipping labels)

While eating, shopping, etc. people are going to look at your in strange ways.  When the locals get that you are actively interfaced and feeding the borgs, well, they won't be so nice.

Meh... Requires a smart phone to work....

It's something I couldn't live without so I had to get it, I don't care about my address it appeared on everyone's invoices that were emailed to them when I owned FTN and it's brands also it's everywhere online. I didn't try to hide it like some companies. 

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
It's something I couldn't live without so I had to get it, I don't care about my address it appeared on everyone's invoices that were emailed to them when I owned FTN and it's brands also it's everywhere online. I didn't try to hide it like some companies. 
Couldn't live without Glass?    e-crackpipe.

Nice on the address :)   Just remind folks of your fondness of things that go boom :)

Time for some Glass shooting videos.

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider
Couldn't live without Glass?    e-crackpipe.

Nice on the address :)   Just remind folks of your fondness of things that go boom :)

Time for some Glass shooting videos.

Haha yeah I will have to try to make a shooting vid tomorrow:

To hold you over here is one of driving with them on for the first time: https://plus.google.com/100975252735937332330/posts/ArSvv6JKnYo

Also one of me playing Pinball: https://plus.google.com/100975252735937332330/posts/dXL98MqF35Z

As of now I am just messing around with them and seeing what I can do. The developer side of me is coming later. :)

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider
Dude this is awesome. :D

Any comment for it so far?
I love them, I can't wait to try them when I get contacts though, it works with prescription glasses but I wouldn't recommend using it with them. 

I can view vpsboard with them. :)

J47PPYB.jpg

Hmm... Chris sporting an Android Device??? What sorcery is this?

Oh yeh... 

I am going to have to get an android phone to since I can't text on it using iOS.

dano

Glass seems cool, and I am sure there are useful apps that will be developed for it and it will be useful to it's users. Personally I am not a fan of the wearable computing craze that is happening today. There has to be a point where you say to yourself,  "do I really need all these devices?" For me, I noticed that the tablets that everyone wanted and needed, aren't used as much as I had imagined(our family has two and doesn't use them anymore). I almost feel that these glass type devices will go down the same path, with everyone wanting them at first cause they were the "end all be all" device, and then slowly fading into the distance. Plus, I would feel like a creep to have a computer on my face...people are already worried if your taking pics or vids of them, so I would rather avoid that whole situation.

amuck-landowner