amuck-landowner

Piwik "Load Data Infile"

fahad

I have been using piwik for some time and i got that super useful. Except one error i get in System Check. I am just curious what does it says.....

piwik.PNG

What is that Thing and how to solve this ?

Note:That Database user is not root,created by ispconfig.

wcypierre

do remember to set the privileges off if piwik has a SQL Injection vulnerability or the attacker will be able to read or even worse write files at/to your filesystem :)

Last edited by a moderator:

wcypierre

Then I will Stick with the error ! :p
multiple one insert/update for 10k of records is seriously slow, while it is much much faster if you aggregate it as one or a batch of hundreds or thousands, but infile is :D

I didn't realized that the overhead was this big until I've started to write a data scrapper for a dictionary site. hell, one insert is hell slow........ batch insert is much faster, and I don't think that I'll have to explain the last one, no?

Anyway, not to say that its bad though, if you're h aving a heavy traffic then may as well as enable it. Just be more aware of the security part and you'll be fine

fahad

multiple one insert/update for 10k of records is seriously slow, while it is much much faster if you aggregate it as one or a batch of hundreds or thousands, but infile is :D

I didn't realized that the overhead was this big until I've started to write a data scrapper for a dictionary site. hell, one insert is hell slow........ batch insert is much faster, and I don't think that I'll have to explain the last one, no?

Anyway, not to say that its bad though, if you're h aving a heavy traffic then may as well as enable it. Just be more aware of the security part and you'll be fine

Nice Suggestion . I will try for once i think. Thank You .

amuck-landowner