amuck-landowner

Post your ride

RyanD

Verified Provider
Toys ;)

DSC_0071.jpg

1996 BMW M3 setup for BMWCCA i-Stock class racing (yet it sits in the garage :( )

DSC_0015.jpg

2007 BMW 335i... I just sold it to my sister and bought a 2012 Prius C instead. I'm now getting 50-60mpg on my drive into work every day. A one-legged man on a bicycle can accelerate faster but I didn't buy it for that.

I guess I should also get some pics of the Prius and my wife's kid-mobile XC90 :)

happel

2007 BMW 335i... I just sold it to my sister and bought a 2012 Prius C instead. I'm now getting 50-60mpg on my drive into work every day. A one-legged man on a bicycle can accelerate faster but I didn't buy it for that.
I think for fuel economy a diesel is a far better idea than those ugly hybrids. For example a VW Golf TDI from 2012 does 60-75mpg, only 10s to go from 0-60 and is way better to look at ;-).

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider

I guess I should also get some pics of the Prius and my wife's kid-mobile XC90 :)
I bet you could tie a cart to him and he'd charge less than the going rate of gas :D

Francisco

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Heard you got a beemer too. Mind sharing some pics? X_X
Hahaha that was an ongoing joke.

I've never had a car nor do I have a license :)

I put all of my money back into the company or stash it away for safe keeping.

We almost got one for Aldryic but the dealer was being a dick from what I heard.

Francisco

RyanD

Verified Provider
I think for fuel economy a diesel is a far better idea than those ugly hybrids. For example a VW Golf TDI from 2012 does 60-75mpg, only 10s to go from 0-60 and is way better to look at ;-).
With tax credits and fuel costs, this ends up having a much lower operating cost. I did also look at the TDIs, they had higher insurance premiums, cost about $7k more for comparable features and mileage (mine had 3k miles on it). 

happel

With tax credits and fuel costs, this ends up having a much lower operating cost. I did also look at the TDIs, they had higher insurance premiums, cost about $7k more for comparable features and mileage (mine had 3k miles on it).
Ok, sound like you did your research :).

Cars are really taxed into oblivion over here (of every new car you buy almost 40% is tax). But both the prius and the TDIs (all cars that emit less than a defined amount of CO2 per km) benefit from the same tax-reductions. (only 21% VAT)

Over here the VW is about €2k cheaper to buy and since diesel is 20% cheaper than gasoline....

Weird how that works huh.

Ruchirablog

Victoria is a small city for being a capital city. You can easily get around via public transportation, or simply walk. Where I live I have literally everything I need within a ~3 minute walk. :) No need for a car right now!
Yah but not having a drivers license seems strange :)

bizzard

Here goes my ride.

tumblr_mav913gFOL1r3flzp.jpg

The Hercules Roadeo Torrent VX

Bought this almost an year ago and I drive on this to office, when its not raining. For all other travel, I prefer public transport. Though I know how to drive cars and bikes, I haven't taken the license yet.

RyanD

Verified Provider
Ok, sound like you did your research :).

Cars are really taxed into oblivion over here (of every new car you buy almost 40% is tax). But both the prius and the TDIs (all cars that emit less than a defined amount of CO2 per km) benefit from the same tax-reductions. (only 21% VAT)

Over here the VW is about €2k cheaper to buy and since diesel is 20% cheaper than gasoline....

Weird how that works huh.
Here Gasoline is ~10% cheaper than diesel. Visable (paid by me) vehicle taxes are quite low. The prius itself was $20k USD, paid about $1200 in taxes on it at purchase, no yearly taxes, just tag registration ($20) so it really only comes down to fuel and basic maint for operating costs. Things like brakes last for ever because of the regenerative breaking versus a regular car.

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner