amuck-landowner

restarting: nocostvps freevps

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtwiscool

Do you see my issue with those two statements?

Aldryic has probably guessed right that it's an OVH Kimsufi. Don't get me wrong I have one myself for backups and a few other non public things.

I really don't think you are going to get far doing NAT, you had a post on WHT earlier trying to get help because it would not work!
We do not use OVH or Kimsufi

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
So, what are you doing then?

Make sure your answer means something...

mtwiscool

This sounds like an OVZ setup designed to phish/pharm data and keys. Remember folks, any host that runs OpenVZ can view any/all of your data, any time they want, without you being any the wiser. Be careful who you trust.
We not monitor what you do on your VPS unless we suspect abuse or get a DMCA

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
We not monitor what you do on your VPS unless we suspect abuse or get a DMCA
DMCA can be submitted by anyone, regardless of the validity of the claim. So what you're saying there is, you'll go rooting through someone's VPS at the first sketchy takedown request you get.

"Suspect Abuse". There are plenty of ways to check abuse on OVZ without actually compromising policy. This reads as "we'll go snooping through your VM whenever we feel like it".

mtwiscool

DMCA can be submitted by anyone, regardless of the validity of the claim. So what you're saying there is, you'll go rooting through someone's VPS at the first sketchy takedown request you get."Suspect Abuse". There are plenty of ways to check abuse on OVZ without actually compromising policy. This reads as "we'll go snooping through your VM whenever we feel like it".
We will only snoop on a VPS if we are required by law this includes DMCA.
As most abuse will set off a alame that auto sends a email to me for stuff like CPU abuse we will almost nerver will go into a vps

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
We will only snoop on a VPS
And you've just admitted to violating client privacy. The reason is irrelevant - you NEVER dig through client data without express permission from the client.

required by law this includes DMCA
Bullshit. There is NO law that requires you to dig through client data. At the absolute most, you might receive a court order to turn over data to law enforcement. And in no situation is a DMCA _ever_ legal grounds to force a provider's hand. All it boils doing to is a notification of unauthorized usage, typically with a request for removal - using it as an excuse to go dig through someone's VPS is downright dirty.

SeriesN

Verified Provider
What does that means? Do you also know where it is valid and where not?

Fyi, I am also on my phone.

peterw

Bullshit. There is NO law that requires you to dig through client data. At the absolute most, you might receive a court order to turn over data to law enforcement. And in no situation is a DMCA _ever_ legal grounds to force a provider's hand. All it boils doing to is a notification of unauthorized usage, typically with a request for removal - using it as an excuse to go dig through someone's VPS is downright dirty.
It is more than dirty. Bad excuse for peeping Tom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner