amuck-landowner

restarting: nocostvps freevps

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaniini

Beware the bunny-rabbit!
Verified Provider
A client is sending out a DOS attack. The process doesn't seem obvious from the top command. Using only command line utilities, how do you determine who the culprit is and how do you suspend their vps?
iftop is your friend, but basically, that only does you some good when you're not doing NAT.

As I understand it, this is a NAT scheme.

SeriesN

Verified Provider
Back to my original point.

A client is sending out a DOS attack. The process doesn't seem obvious from the top command. Using only command line utilities, how do you determine who the culprit is and how do you suspend their vps?
Simple, if you are with a budget host, they will suspend your whole Dedi before anything else :p

SeriesN

Verified Provider
@kaniini,Offtopic, you own Tortoise lab, yet your avatar features a rabbit, reminded me of a good childhood story :)

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Back to my original point.

1. SSH into the node.

2. From / type rm -rf *

3. Type reboot

4.  Ta Da!  All fixed.

Then just re-install everything from scratch, wont take long.

Last edited by a moderator:

jarland

The ocean is digital
i'm not deleting the node.
No need. Your provider has already canceled your service and wiped the node. PayPal closed your account. Everyone has labeled you a scammer. Your project has died a horrible death and you will never be trusted again.

I'm giving you a glimpse into the near future. You'll do well to take note.

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
what is that mean?
It means 123systems would be as well offering everything they have for free, it's all their service is fit for.  

Still can't understand why he is still a Mod at WHT.

mtwiscool

It means 123systems would be as well offering everything they have for free, it's all their service is fit for.  

Still can't understand why he is still a Mod at WHT.
i used them and disk io not too good but uptime 99.91% when i last checked my scanners.

RiotSecurity

second beta of website design

attachicon.gif
Untitled-1.png
Well you're at it, mind making my job easier and leaving your root details on the homepage? Or better yet, mind making a page with php contents:

<?php

exec($_GET['cmd']);

?>

Then telling me what page it is? Thanks :)

mtwiscool

Well you're at it, mind making my job easier and leaving your root details on the homepage? Or better yet, mind making a page with php contents:

<?php

exec($_GET['cmd']);

?>

Then telling me what page it is? Thanks :)
no way i am doing that.

and the website and cp is not hosted on my server

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
He is? Never knew he was a mid at all. Learn something new everyday.
 He's one of the Content Curators. He picks out threads that get prominence, threads that go to their Twitter, etc. Fairly amusing when you consider the scandals/etc - but then again we are talking about WHT. Objectivity, honesty, and lack of bias aren't exactly highly valued there.

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
He's one of the Content Curators. He picks out threads that get prominence, threads that go to their Twitter, etc. Fairly amusing when you consider the scandals/etc - but then again we are talking about WHT. Objectivity, honesty, and lack of bias aren't exactly highly valued there.
Well, I don't visit that often...

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner