amuck-landowner

Stallion 2 - pictures and daily updates :)

joepie91

I'll add that to a point release after roll :)

I don't like enforcing the 'strong password' thing since they're hard to remember. Passing special characters to vzctl can be annoying as well so we've enforced the following policy:

Francisco
Why not just do something like this? https://github.com/joepie91/cvm/blob/develop/runhelper/runhelper

PHP passes on the to-be-run command to the Python script in base64-encoded form (so no escaping madness), Python then runs it and provides the output in JSON format (this was to deal with the lack of proper output handling in php-ssh2 when I was still using it).

You could just do the same for the root password (ie. send a base64-encoded version to a Python script that uses Popen with list syntax to actually run the vzctl command, no escaping required).

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Why not just do something like this? https://github.com/joepie91/cvm/blob/develop/runhelper/runhelper

PHP passes on the to-be-run command to the Python script in base64-encoded form (so no escaping madness), Python then runs it and provides the output in JSON format (this was to deal with the lack of proper output handling in php-ssh2 when I was still using it).

You could just do the same for the root password (ie. send a base64-encoded version to a Python script that uses Popen with list syntax to actually run the vzctl command, no escaping required).
An interesting idea but for now lets just roll what we have working :) From there I can start making a list of improvements as well as timelines on it.

Thanks,

Francisco

film_girl

Looks awesome Fran! I was so psyched when I got the email I went to investigate, found this board. Seriously, looks totally hot. And I for one really appreciate the mobile friendly design. I know my husband (who I converted into a BuyVM fanboy) will dig it too since he's on his iPad mini half the time and this will make it super easy to manage stuff.

Great work!

wlanboy

Content Contributer
Aaaaand, mass email is currently underway.
And right into my spam folder :D

My two highlights noone mentioned:

• Dual Logins (!!!)
  • No Java for console and VNC
PS:

1800h PST so it is 1.00am GMT - that's thursday!

Last edited by a moderator:

wlanboy

Content Contributer
Can we offer any cockies to the pony to speed up things?

B.t.w.: I would choose Amanda:

• No proprietary device drivers
  • No proprietary format - just GNU utils
  • Good documentation & community

Shados

Professional Snake Miner
I'll add that to a point release after roll :)

I don't like enforcing the 'strong password' thing since they're hard to remember. Passing special characters to vzctl can be annoying as well so we've enforced the following policy:

Francisco
Consider forcing/generating a six or seven word+ diceware password - they're plenty strong, and much easier to remember / type.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I think you should add a 'Bing' (yeah yeah) like feature so the login page of Stallion has a daily stallion / pony related background. ;)

George_Fusioned

Verified Provider
Looks awesome Fran! I was so psyched when I got the email I went to investigate, found this board. Seriously, looks totally hot. And I for one really appreciate the mobile friendly design. I know my husband (who I converted into a BuyVM fanboy) will dig it too since he's on his iPad mini half the time and this will make it super easy to manage stuff.

Great work!
w00t Christina from Mashable at VPSboard :D Welcome!

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Had some delays, sorry about that.

Had some bugs with our queue runner since we moved to debian 7 for this box.

I got a couple cron scripts to quickly right but past that I think it's ready for opening :)

Francisco

Ivan

Verified Provider
Saw the tweet, congratulations on the launch guys ;)

Keep up the great work, Francisco and Aldryic.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
"You must power off your virtual server for new KVM settings to take effect."

Did that, turned it back on, still get the message. Wasn't for vpsBoard anyhow ;)

Lookin' nice!

EDIT: Wait, nevermind. I thought the message meant I had to power off / power on for new settings to appear in the control panel or something. I'm tired.

Last edited by a moderator:

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
"You must power off your virtual server for new KVM settings to take effect."

Did that, turned it back on, still get the message. Wasn't for vpsBoard anyhow ;)

Lookin' nice!
Which message? :eek:

Take a screen if you can.

Francisco

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Which message? :eek:

Take a screen if you can.

Francisco
ZgCS46D.png

I think it's just a general warning that changes require a reboot to take effect? Before I thought I had to reboot for options to become available to me, but that doesn't make sense. I'm tired. :)

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
ZgCS46D.png

I think it's just a general warning that changes require a reboot to take effect? Before I thought I had to reboot for options to become available to me, but that doesn't make sense. I'm tired. :)
I'll check my franmar on there then :)

Francisco

amuck-landowner