amuck-landowner

The cesspit / chat thread.

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
With LET's move to promote W1V_Lee to a moderator (after his extended period of professional ass kissery and saying basically who cares that CC runs a sweatshop / spam factory / take your money via our subsidiaries and fail to deliver a product (yeah talking about CVPS, 123SYS, and BlueVM here)) --- you can see if Kossen bows up and becomes a man, that his hobby career will soon come to a halt.  Lee is right behind him, knife in hand, waiting to take the perch.
You have your own view and that is fine.  There is no ass kissery as you call it, you well know how outspoken I have been on the wide ranging topics however well/loosely connected to CC in the past.  All I have done is gotten over it all, not accepted it, just moved on.  

Maarten asked completely out of the blue whether I would be a moderator, I type up a no thanks in reply and then thought about it, well ok I always complain about what's allowed/accepted so if I can influence some of it then why not try.

I will make the decision to give the position up as quickly as I accepted it if it does not work out the way I envisaged it, there is no compensation involved and from the access I have CC are nowhere to be seen nor do I have any interactions with them at all as a result of being a moderator.

No matter how many times you tell people how bad CC, CVPS, in fact any of their "brands" are there still seems to be a regular Q of people who want to buy from them despite what is freely available to read and find out, so whilst your efforts may be applauded by some in your continual pursuit of them the real people that matter are those that fund them through whichever brand, that is of course the paying customer of which there appears to be no visible shortage.

Bottom line is that nobody or very few seem to be listening to the negatives and I can't believe that many are buying without knowing at least some of the history, but then again look at GVH, people still buy from that crazy brand, it would seem you really can't influence enough people for it to make a difference, no matter how many negative comments are out there.  

If there is anything I can take away from hosting at the moment (and it's getting worse) it's that low prices + plus high resource pools + negative comments everywhere does not cause people to use caution, or at least not enough of them.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
You have your own view and that is fine.  There is no ass kissery as you call it, you well know how outspoken I have been on the wide ranging topics however well/loosely connected to CC in the past.  All I have done is gotten over it all, not accepted it, just moved on.  

Maarten asked completely out of the blue whether I would be a moderator, I type up a no thanks in reply and then thought about it, well ok I always complain about what's allowed/accepted so if I can influence some of it then why not try.

I will make the decision to give the position up as quickly as I accepted it if it does not work out the way I envisaged it, there is no compensation involved and from the access I have CC are nowhere to be seen nor do I have any interactions with them at all as a result of being a moderator.

No matter how many times you tell people how bad CC, CVPS, in fact any of their "brands" are there still seems to be a regular Q of people who want to buy from them despite what is freely available to read and find out, so whilst your efforts may be applauded by some in your continual pursuit of them the real people that matter are those that fund them through whichever brand, that is of course the paying customer of which there appears to be no visible shortage.

Bottom line is that nobody or very few seem to be listening to the negatives and I can't believe that many are buying without knowing at least some of the history, but then again look at GVH, people still buy from that crazy brand, it would seem you really can't influence enough people for it to make a difference, no matter how many negative comments are out there.  

If there is anything I can take away from hosting at the moment (and it's getting worse) it's that low prices + plus high resource pools + negative comments everywhere does not cause people to use caution, or at least not enough of them.
I love your signature.

That's all. :)

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff

Definitely good luck with your gig.  I understand the idea of changing an organization from the inside out through your own work, but a pet peeve of mine is that no matter what CC will be utilizing LEB/LET as a business asset.  You will be putting your work and effort into it to grow it and in the end it will fit CC's bottom line.  Your intentions are good, I'm just suggesting you consider that.  

People will always be going to CVPS and GVH I'm not going to deny that.  The giant walls of text, drama, and crap behind it is enough to put off most people.  It's simply a point to wash your hands of all of this crap and just say "I don't care you guys did all this crap, I don't want you to bring it here" and end it there.  Life's too short.  

Anyways, congrats on becoming a LET Mod.  

Last edited by a moderator:

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
All I can say is this isn't the last you are going to see of nasty providers sliding/masking/hiding Atoms.

When LEB rubberstamped that shit offer, it opened the gates to every jack ass with a hair brainbrained idea to take said crap machine and call it a VPS node.
If you thought the 8GB Avoton C2750 node was bad...

ValueVZ.com is offering an IPv6 only 128MB RAM $1 annual OpenVZ VPS on a...drumroll...single core single HDD VIA Nano U2250 with 2GB RAM "node" ...CPU is limited to 10% which means 160MHz.

mtwiscool strikes again...

William

pr0
Verified Provider
I'm 100% sure this faggot is responsible for multiple DDoS attacks against myself and i will get payback for this - He will see.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent

Pretty well said Lee :)

You know at times some of it, this industry can mess with minds and all.  Sometime we tire or flip about things.    

It's true, shit brands with ample public documentation of their bad behavior still doesn't get in the way of the cash register, sadly.

Here's a secret though, those companies all mentioned, the resulting customers today in a big way are the world's worst abusers.   They are stuck with the worst customers and unsustainable hair brained ideas that make it all less sustainable.   

It's not a question if those companies will fail - all of them - but rather how soon.

I think I felt hot sauce Lee recently when people had maybe CVPS screwed them issue and you were like slap to the customer.  Mind you, moderator status gets you all sort of extra heat and external analysis.  Not a role I'd willingly be doing for free for a company, ColoCrossing, that:

1. Has income this year forecasted at $12 million.

2. Took those sites under scam tense.  They were told no to buying it by LEA.

3. Lied about ownership for a big chunk of a year.

4. Didn't admit to their role and lies until forcibly hacked out of them.

5. Continue to power load the sites with ads and cookie dropping stalk me stuff from brands they own / have investment interest in (HVH, CVPS, Servermania).

Working for free for them... Tsskk.   Get yours Lee.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
If you thought the 8GB Avoton C2750 node was bad...

ValueVZ.com is offering an IPv6 only 128MB RAM $1 annual OpenVZ VPS on a...drumroll...single core single HDD VIA Nano U2250 with 2GB RAM "node" ...CPU is limited to 10% which means 160MHz.

mtwiscool strikes again...
mtwiscool is my favorite autistic person.... Really... all shit aside... it's crazy offer, but approaching $0.

I applaud his crazy ideas....  not some place I'd host something, but more than suitable for VPN for the utterly poor.  Can do more, albeit slowly.

William

pr0
Verified Provider
mtwiscool or whatever is his real name, frankly i do not care anyway. I kicked him out of the LET chan (where i am op) and minutes later 50G/1.5MPPS started to flow in at my bouncer at Securedragon. Switched to Online.net and cashed another 80Gbit there. My revenge will be bloody, regardless if he suffers from some mental illness (for the record; so do i; even worse than him).

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I love the packet flows and how bent the world becomes.   I don't condone the shitty behavior of DDoS'ing though...  Eventually other folks will outgrow it or upstreams will start rolling solutions far and wide to make the issue impotent like the little peckerheads that engage in such.

William

pr0
Verified Provider
Yeah, go take some Midol and calm down - come back in the morning when you remember that internet threats are just a prime way of embarrassing yourself.
So? Not like thats your fucking problem, you don't pay for my BW bill he caused me by attacking my mailserver - Alone for this attack nearly 600EUR. Or will you? I gladly take the money.

No chance to get it back from him either, and he's not legally liable for anything with being autistic and bullshit. YES; i want to punch him in the fucking face, as hard as i can, multiple times and break some of his fucking bones, he has fucking luck that i'm unable to get to his fucking mental institution in shitty UK.

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
So? Not like thats your fucking problem, you don't pay for my BW bill he caused me by attacking my mailserver - Alone for this attack nearly 600EUR. Or will you? I gladly take the money.
Honest question here, but what do other folks do to prevent such a horrible random at-whim bill?  Throw email behind total filtering?  Unload to a provider that doesn't deal with attack like that?

William

pr0
Verified Provider
In the end? You pay and/or null. I had it nulled after a bit (had to call DC as i'm neither running BGP nor have a null interface) but it of course still was calculated in my 95% billing and jacked it extremely up (587Mbit at 1CHF/Mbit, or around 600EUR) - The attack did grow even larger then but was not charged as it was nulled on the upstreams (666 BGP community).

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Honest question here, but what do other folks do to prevent such a horrible random at-whim bill? 
Avoid sleazebags like RapidSwitch who change the indemnity clause on their TOS AFTER a customer gets hit with a massive attack and then try to stick the customer with an overage charge of over £10K.

The attack did grow even larger then but was not charged as it was nulled on the upstreams
If I remember correctly RapidSwitch was nulling at the edge routers and not dropping at the upstreams during the UK DDoS wars 2 years ago TL;DR customers got some nasty overages

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
While I know this is sort of off topic / free for all, lets try to keep personal insults out of it. Got a report from someone unhappy with some things that were said, so just a reminder is all. No biggy. :)

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Pretty well said Lee :)

You know at times some of it, this industry can mess with minds and all.  Sometime we tire or flip about things.    

It's true, shit brands with ample public documentation of their bad behavior still doesn't get in the way of the cash register, sadly.

Here's a secret though, those companies all mentioned, the resulting customers today in a big way are the world's worst abusers.   They are stuck with the worst customers and unsustainable hair brained ideas that make it all less sustainable.   

It's not a question if those companies will fail - all of them - but rather how soon.

I think I felt hot sauce Lee recently when people had maybe CVPS screwed them issue and you were like slap to the customer.  Mind you, moderator status gets you all sort of extra heat and external analysis.  Not a role I'd willingly be doing for free for a company, ColoCrossing, that:

1. Has income this year forecasted at $12 million.

2. Took those sites under scam tense.  They were told no to buying it by LEA.

3. Lied about ownership for a big chunk of a year.

4. Didn't admit to their role and lies until forcibly hacked out of them.

5. Continue to power load the sites with ads and cookie dropping stalk me stuff from brands they own / have investment interest in (HVH, CVPS, Servermania).

Working for free for them... Tsskk.   Get yours Lee.
Was the CVPS thread the one started by the user called "etc"?  That would be the guy who said he knew what to expect and had done his research but still went ahead and threw $100 at them and signed up for 2 years.  Only to then try and bail within a couple of weeks because of poor support responses.  Kinda my point from earlier.  CVPS were hardly faultless but if he really knew what he was getting into then he would have known support was just as he was experiencing and he would need to accept less than full answers. 

I did not agree with the way CVPS dealt with it but then the client did need slapped down for making the decision to spend $100 and signing up for 2 years in the first place.  He was eventually just milking that thread for the glory than looking for any resolution to the issue which to be fair to Chris was offered albeit late on and under pressure of that thread.

Not so much working for free, I see it more as simply assisting the community I participate in whilst ensuring I protect my own ability to do my bit, my way and not allowing anyone to accuse me of being paid by CC and therefore making decisions in their favour.

amuck-landowner