amuck-landowner

The gun thread

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Welp, my willpower finally crumbled, and bought one of these last night.

a6e68864683e8ae3b85ff90a4155.jpg

Вепр (Vepr) 7,62x39, produced in the Молот factory in Вя́тские Поля́ны.  Heavy duty receiver, hammer-forged and chrome lined barrel, chrome lined chamber.  Picked it up for 699, plus shipping for a grand total of just under 725$.  Oughta be in by mid next week.
Beautiful. I've actually never seen that gun before. Awesome though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
@MannDude, I just realized I never got back to you on what rifle case I use for the Винтовка, sorry about that.

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/game-winner-double-gun-case/pid-980661?color=Black+and+silver+exterior&N=838464443

I think I paid ~40 for it in-store, not sure why the online price is so high.  Solid case, haven't had any issues with it other than the thing is heavy as hell when packed full.  Original stock, and even with the Archangel w/ rail and bipod, it fit the rifle plus a few magazines as well as my pistol.  Once I have the scope on there though, I doubt I'll still be able to fit my Ruger in with it, so I picked up a little pistol case for that today.

fixidixi

Guess that is true! I've just checked it and it works just fine from

-usa

-italy

ip addresses... wouldnt have tought we r on a black list :)

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider
Welp, my willpower finally crumbled, and bought one of these last night.

a6e68864683e8ae3b85ff90a4155.jpg

Вепр (Vepr) 7,62x39, produced in the Молот factory in Вя́тские Поля́ны.  Heavy duty receiver, hammer-forged and chrome lined barrel, chrome lined chamber.  Picked it up for 699, plus shipping for a grand total of just under 725$.  Oughta be in by mid next week.

Wanna buy some Ammo for it? I have 49, 20 rounds boxes $290 for all O.B.O Includes shipping.  

Edit: http://imgur.com/a/vlkJ3

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
That's a bit pricy for WPA, sorry :p  I can get 1k rounds of WPA classic from my local bulk guy for just over 200, though for plinking I typically use Brown/Silver Bear.

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider
That's a bit pricy for WPA, sorry :p  I can get 1k rounds of WPA classic from my local bulk guy for just over 200, though for plinking I typically use Brown/Silver Bear.
Ah ok. I've haven't really used Brown/silverbear much.

Just for shits and giggles.. $250 shipped? 

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Eh, no thanks.  WPA is low cost for a reason, and if I'm going to be shooting something that dirty I could just save a ton more by shooting old surplus rounds, since I'd be disassembling and scrubbing the rifle down anyway.  That, and I wasn't exaggerating about the 200... there's a distributer here in town that'll sell you an ammo can full of 50x 20 round WPA for like ~205, and no tax if you pay him in cash.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
WEW.  Finally got the mount and scope in.

mosinfinal1.jpg

mosinfinal2.jpg

And after ~20 rounds to zero it in, another 10 rounds for fine tuning... final results for 10 rounds at 300yds on a 10" target:

300yds.jpg

Not to shabby for a little 2,75x ncStar.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Love the look of that stock, and it seems to have helped improve the accuracy.

Too cold here to go to the range... :(

Robert

On my 18th birthday I picked up a Keltec sub 2000 and a Ruger 10/22 (because what self respecting American citizen doesn't own a 10/22 :p)

AXbB1C0.png

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
10/22's are fun! Great guns and 100s of accessories so you can keep it stock or go wild and make it tacti-cool. I want one for plinking cans and would be good for rabbit hunting. I have a Ruger 22, but its a MK1 pistol. I wouldn't mind a 10/22 rifle just not high up on the priority list.

Robert

10/22's are fun! Great guns and 100s of accessories so you can keep it stock or go wild and make it tacti-cool. I want one for plinking cans and would be good for rabbit hunting. I have a Ruger 22, but its a MK1 pistol. I wouldn't mind a 10/22 rifle just not high up on the priority list.
They're pretty cheap, and considered a fairly "classic" first gun in the US, so I couldn't resist.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Just finished my latest little project.. Vepr 7,62x39 16,5":

vepr16.jpg
Heck yeah. Great looking rifle Aldy.

Now that it's finally warming up I'm getting the itch again! I've taken a week off work at the end of this month. Going to be sure I find some time to make it to the range :)

RLT

The Veprs are very nice. I would like to have one for all of the yotes that keep after my livestock.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Any Glock fanboys here? What do you think about the new Glock 43 coming out? Was pretty excited to see them come out with a single stack 9mm after the release last year of their first single stack pistol (The 380) but was a bit disappointed to find it's still actually larger than what I carry now.

cTC1lv6.jpg

That is the new Glock compared to other similar guns...

amuck-landowner