amuck-landowner

update on $1 per year vps idea (32MB Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

raindog308

vpsBoard Premium Member
Our only goal is to bring back the true lowendbox and not the modem fake ones with like 6gb of ram.
As if 

• there is some ancient honorable tradition about using low-memory boxes
  • a "low end box" is defined by memory
  • there's something wrong with people getting more horsepower for their money
There was a LET discussion about "real" low end boxes.

People want to geek out and run a 32MB box - more power to 'em.  I totally get that and have enjoyed that minor sport myself.

But to me "low end box" means "$7/year or less" or some similar price point.  I think it was LowEndAdmin (long retired founder of LEB/LET) who coined the term "low end box" and I think if 2GB boxes were available for $7/mo in 2008, he would have used those without hesitation.

Hxxx

Our only goal is to bring back the true lowendbox and not the modem fake ones with like 6gb of ram.
True excuse for a kiddie host. Seems like you can't afford real nodes, so you side with such excuse.

Get real, who wants to use 32MB VPS? If I can get 6GB of RAM for maybe 1 or 2 dollars more and it will be same if not less overloaded than your servers...

Change that pathetic display. How do you expect to do business with that fucking bear?

mtwiscool

True excuse for a kiddie host. Seems like you can't afford real nodes, so you side with such excuse.

Get real, who wants to use 32MB VPS? If I can get 6GB of RAM for maybe 1 or 2 dollars more and it will be same if not less overloaded than your servers...

Change that pathetic display. How do you expect to do business with that fucking bear?
$1.39 per year is the planned price with free remote mysql add on available.

It's not one or two dollars it over $80 difference per year.

the node specs are planned to be:

32Gb ddr3 RAM

2x2tb hdd in sw raid 1 with ramdisk writeback

Intel Xeon E3 1225v2

I'm pretty sure thats a real node.

mtwiscool

• 2 x Hex Core L5638 2.00 Ghz CPU's
  • 72GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM
  • 1 x Adaptec 7805 RAID 10
  • 8 x 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD's in RAID10
  • 2U 8 - 12 bay SuperMicro chassis
That's a real node.
smaller nodes are better for like a thousand reasons and they is more cpu power per vm with my smaller set up.

Hxxx

smaller nodes are better for like a thousand reasons and they is more cpu power per vm with my smaller set up.
Because you have lots of years in experience working with nodes and managing them, right? Where did you worked before?

Last edited by a moderator:

mtwiscool

Smaller nodes crammed with a ridiculous number of VMs.  I haven't broken this image out in quite some time... but since the kid's on the CVPS fast track:

20120310162435!Watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png
I look up to more greenvaluehost not chris.

I want to shake a few things up to change the lowend thing.

future monthly plans include 16gb ram for $7 per month :)

raj

Let's see, the sign up link throws a MySQL error, Cloudflare throws an error about your forum, your VPS order link is an affiliate link to 123systems, the SSD VPS link is an affiliate link to DO, TOS is weak, etc.   But don't take it as a bash; I commend you for trying!  At your age, I was playing outside and eating popsicles.    Furthermore, I like 32MB VPS, so I like the idea.  I don't think you've thought it all through, but it's a start.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
So you're actually going to put effort into 32mb club, wheras you don't give two shits about milkywayhost?  Or are you working on the assumption that your other failures shouldn't be counted against you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner