amuck-landowner

Whats your home connection speed?

Marc M.

Phoenix VPS
Verified Provider
2833138118.png

Around these parts ISPs think that fiber is just part of a healthy diet. Good ol' American copper FTW!

I doubt that anyone here can beat @Kenshin's home connection.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I use one of the cable monopolies and it SUCKS.

Can't determine what their plans really are, nor can I determine what I am being provisioned at.  Tons of congestion, QoS and lousy routing.  

Price keeps going up and up for no good reason.  $70 a month for a plan that has upload side of 1Mbps or less.

Last edited by a moderator:

kro

Verified Provider
Using an ISP called mynetfone.com.au for Naked DSL - I highly recommend if you are in Brisbane or Sydney etc.

For the first 7 years here in Australia I was with Optus. Never reached above 4mbit.
Finally stopped being lazy and took the possible 21 days without interwebz.
Was 3 days without internet(mobile hotspot was fine) and since their technician came out - hitting 8mbit - happy times..

$50 for 200GB (100GB peak / 100GB offpeak) and offpeak is only midnight till 10am ^_^

Tux

DigitialOcean? lel
2833528998.png

This is a cruel joke. I'm supposed to get 30/4. When I had the 30/4, my service barely worked. Now, while it's pretty stable, I'm only getting a third of the download speed.

Downloading the RamNode ATL test file, it's mostly 12Mbps with some bursts up to 20Mbps.

blergh

Verified Provider
I doubt that anyone here can beat @Kenshin's home connection.
gf.png

earl

I have like 5 down and 800k up unlimited for $40/more.. I tried to upgrade to fibre and just found out was not available yet in my area..

I use to be on cable internet with 10 down and 1 up but they tried to increase the overage cap from $25 to $50 so i moved to adsl and my internet with cable was already something like $80/mo and I always go over the 60gb /mo cap.. the company is called rogers but everyone called them robbers hahaha..

Naruto

Supposed to get 6Mbps but I get less than that. $45/m.

Last edited by a moderator:

blergh

Verified Provider
Poor upload considering the download.

On topic: I have 10/10 MBit currently but I can upgrade to 1/1 GB if needed (and if I could afford it).
I know :( tptest doesn't really show the real-world performance either, but it's supposed to be 1G/500

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
2835011578.png

$30/mo. Can go up to 30mb/15mb for $10 more. If I were paying that bill, I would, too. But I'm not. Really it does work fine for what I do, and much better than my old DSL connection at 1.5mb/768kb. Still...

This is a "fiber" connection, ISP is Fairpoint, no IPv6, but I'm told they're working on it. I wouldn't mind Comcast, even though a lot of people say support is awful I've dealt with them a few times and they're OK, and more likely to have faster connections with IPv6. What frustrates me with Fairpoint is that they could flip a switch and I'd have faster Internet. The fiber is artificially capped, pending just a few dollars.

Tux

DigitialOcean? lel
This is a cruel joke. I'm supposed to get 30/4. When I had the 30/4, my service barely worked. Now, while it's pretty stable, I'm only getting a third of the download speed.

Downloading the RamNode ATL test file, it's mostly 12Mbps with some bursts up to 20Mbps.
@TheHackBox

It's better now:

2835024457.png

MikeIn

;) Why not have the slowest Home Connection as in My case, its 256kbps (approx.) :( for less then $2/month (Actually EDGE, 2G)..
Anyhow I have one more at about 2Mbps for about $15 :O

:popcorn: All of you have nice Internet Speed.... ^_^

happel

2836337843.png

Cable, is supposed to be 60/6. I would love a higher upload speed and the performance of their router is abysmal, but with my own router the connection is nothing short of excellent. Network maintenance is always done at night between 01:00u and 05:00u and the only downtime I ever had was from my yearly restart of the modem to get the free speed upgrades :).

€30 ≈ $40 per month.

Shados

Professional Snake Miner
Australia, so... 300GB/unlimited peak/off-peak usage on a shitty ADSL2+ line. Used to get about 18/1 Mbps down/up, now get more like 12/0.8 due to cable degradation. Telstra basically won't repair it because we're theoretically getting NBN access in February. At least then I'll be getting either 100/40 or whatever gigabit offering NBN Co. settle on :).

amuck-landowner