amuck-landowner

Who can offer me the cheapeat vps on the planet?

7ropics

And also a vps for giving shared hosting... how much would it cost?
Depends on quite a few variables.

How many sites do you plan on hosting?

What type of sites? Static HTML? Wordpress? Forums? etc.

Panel? If so, which? Assuming you go with cPanel that's going to be an extra $15 on top of the VPS cost, unless the provider you choose to go with is a cPanel partner and can provide it at a discount.

Do you need management?

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
And also a vps for giving shared hosting... how much would it cost?

I'm assuming you want clients on these VPS Containers then?  Are you planning on using a control panel?  

This does add up. Also, finding the "cheapest" really doesn't mean the best (although the companies currently mentioned I do applaud).  

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Yes..Lifetime payment... Does that concept exist in vps?

Short Answer: No.  It's not feasible.  Unless you overload the server so much that it becomes almost useless...  Or the company closes its doors.  

While the servers themselves do have a single-time cost (excluding obvious maintenance cost (e.g. cost of replacing broken hardware, etc.)), it usually has a monthly/recurring cost to keep it in a datacenter/hooked up to a network.  Therefore, there's no reason anyone would do lifetime payment unless it's a loss leader, a company that doesn't have a proper business plan, or they just don't want it hooked up to the internet.  I mean even at the datacenter level, the servers constantly use electricity (for power and cooling) and don't forget the actual internet connection/network which both are recurring fees/costs, and if there's a "lifetime" plan then your initial investment will NOT cover the cost of the server for the "lifetime" (unless by lifetime they mean 100 years and you pay ridiculous amount of money for it).  

Erm....  Good luck with shared hosting.  

Edit:  Also, please review what your needs are.  Going with a 32mb VPS is NOT the ideal situation to start shared hosting.  Also, in terms of space 100GB is fine (just expect to pay a moderate amount for it), and make sure to purchase enough ram to actually be able to do things (to be on the safe side, I'd recommend 128MB, although I know many companies here provide 96MB RAM and it's more than enough).  

Basically, please do a bit of research before requesting a VPS quote as not knowing the requirements for your intended purpose and yet requesting minimal RAM doesn't really end well for you.  Hell anyone can sell you a container with 32mb RAM and 100GB HDD but it won't last long as a shared hosting server.  

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner