amuck-landowner

Who was your first VPS provider?

Nyr

My first VPS was with BuyVM back when they were starting at HE Fremont.

I used dedicated servers way before buying my first VPS.

casdr

My first VPS providers were Ramnode and BlueVM. BlueVM for a Windows desktop to work on and Ramnode as a webserver.

Shakib_mir

Verified Provider
I think mine was TMZvps with cPanel managed service.

Though I bought one from Namecheap earlier with no control panel I had no idea how to work with that so has the cancel the order. :)

Premiumn

Mine was with hostus in 2013 when they started. I was one of their first few customers and was the first one to review their services on a community forum.

VATruica

I went with DigitalOcean and mostly because I had no idea on VPS's. Their 10$ free credit was what got me, because I wanted to pay as less as possible before I knew what I was doing.

emdad

My first provider war ChicagoVPS. Also they were the reason I didn't buy any low priced VPS in a long time :(

~ Emdad

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
www.vpb.com is my fist vps provider, it runs smoothly , their customer service is good, you can get quick reply when you have problems. 

So, in the 8 minutes between that post and this post you went from being a VPB customer to working at VPB? Congratuf*ckinglations on the new job!

Quote said:
Hello graeme, all kinds of servers with competitive price are available in www.vpb.com  We can provide DDoS protection for you. Some of our hot selling VPS server are on sale now. If you have interest please free feel to contact us.

Last edited by a moderator:

thekreek

Slicehost and dbihosting, they had their ups and down in all this time. I'm no longer with any of them.

Now, if your talking about my first LEB VPS, that honor goes to BuyVM, Francisco and Aldryc, thanks for the support and help I got from you.

Sonwebhost

Host Gator I got spit for disk space and they keep asking me to upgrade becuse the few sites I had on it was not performing good, I moved after a while had fun

libro22

I was late to the party, I think Slicehost was already purchased that time when VPSs piqued my interest.

First one.. VPSLatch I think, now owned by Hostdime :)

HostHoney

I actually had my own Dedicated Server in house, before I went to a VPS But when I did it was HostGator, but this was 2007 early 2008 when I got my first VPS.

arussell

Ours was way back in 2001 with a UK based company called DSVR who had a very interesting custom precursor to OpenVZ based on Linux vservers if I remember correctly (it was a long long time ago!).

zionvps

Verified Provider
My first VPS provider was 'manashosting'. I was fairly new in this whole VPS genre and i got lured due to their attractive prices. I regret that decision to this day but i learnt a lot.

risharde

I think Virpus was my first, it was good for a year then they lost my data. After which, there was a craze for buyvm's limited stock and I findally hopped on board.

SSDBlaze

Verified Provider
A game server company (no longer around) called CraftingHost was my first. It was a VPS that came with a game server installed and a panel.

amuck-landowner