amuck-landowner

Yet Another SolusVM Alternative: VPSM

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Just a quick update. It looks like I will be pushing the code to Google Code in the near future after I do some cleaning (and yes, it's very very bad so even after I clean it up most of you will cry). Here's what I've completed so far:

function vpsm_createVPS

function vpsm_pwdChange

function vpsm_osChange

function vpsm_ramChange

function vpsm_ipv4Add

function vpsm_ipv4Remove

function vpsm_ipv6Add

function vpsm_ipv6Remove

function vpsm_restartVPS

function vpsm_startVPS

function vpsm_stopVPS

function vpsm_suspendVPS

function vpsm_unsuspendVPS

function vpsm_destroyVPS

function vpsm_statusVPS

function vpsm_status (<-Node)

function vpsm_getVMs

In addition to that, WHMCS is now provisioning all of the VPSs properly but the IP management needs some polishing (right now it only handles /24 blocks for IPv4).

It still has a ways to go since it only works for OpenVZ right now, but it'll get there eventually.

For the connectivity between WHMCS and the servers I am using phpseclib with RSA keys locked to the WHMCS IP address. It's not as secure as I would like it but it works for now until I have enough functionality working to test it properly.

The GUI is nothing fancy but I'll work on that when it's 100% functional.

Last edited by a moderator:

Novacha

Content Contributer
Just a quick update. It looks like I will be pushing the code to Google Code in the near future after I do some cleaning (and yes, it's very very bad so even after I clean it up most of you will cry). Here's what I've completed so far:

function vpsm_createVPS

function vpsm_pwdChange

function vpsm_osChange

function vpsm_ramChange

function vpsm_ipv4Add

function vpsm_ipv4Remove

function vpsm_ipv6Add

function vpsm_ipv6Remove

function vpsm_restartVPS

function vpsm_startVPS

function vpsm_stopVPS

function vpsm_suspendVPS

function vpsm_unsuspendVPS

function vpsm_destroyVPS

function vpsm_statusVPS

function vpsm_status (<-Node)

function vpsm_getVMs

In addition to that, WHMCS is now provisioning all of the VPSs properly but the IP management needs some polishing (right now it only handles /24 blocks for IPv4).

It still has a ways to go since it only works for OpenVZ right now, but it'll get there eventually.

For the connectivity between WHMCS and the servers I am using phpseclib with RSA keys locked to the WHMCS IP address. It's not as secure as I would like it but it works for now until I have enough functionality working to test it properly.

The GUI is nothing fancy but I'll work on that when it's 100% functional.
Any chance you would be able to push this to github (I would be willing to do the svn to git conversion if you needed)? Github is much better for open source collaboration work.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
I've never used GitHub and I already setup a Google Code project. I'll look into it though.

Bernard T.

Just a quick update. It looks like I will be pushing the code to Google Code in the near future after I do some cleaning (and yes, it's very very bad so even after I clean it up most of you will cry).
I am sure it can't be so bad that a good (however small) opensource community cannot fix and polish it to something functional!

Go Go Go !!

I agree to the part to not use GoogleCode in favor of GitHub, or even something better IMO, based on Git (or Mercurial) - https://bitbucket.org/ ... authors of famous JIRA and Confluence give out a free unlimited space accounts for opensource projects. Even more, opensource projects can apply for free JIRA license....

KuJoe

Verified Provider
I deleted the Google Code project and created a new one on GitHub. It'll take me a while until I get time to sit down and figure it all out though.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Just another update, now the following are working successfully in the client area:

Start VPS

Stop VPS

Restart VPS

Display VPS status (running or stopped)

Display VPS load (1min/5min/15min)

Display used/total RAM

Display used/total Swap

Display used/total Disk Space

The following are working successfully in the admin area:

Start VPS

Stop VPS

Restart VPS

Suspend VPS

Unsuspend VPS

Terminate VPS

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Just some screenshots for those interested: http://vpsm.net/thread-14.html

I'm still working on the IP management portion of it since IPv6 is proving to be tricky and I need to get the IP blocks working better.

I'm in the process of learning AJAX to finish up the client area buttons, that's been fun. 

Reece-DM

Verified Provider
@Kujoe

That is looking like some brilliant progress you have there.

I can't wait for more contributions from others when it's ready. I'd work on the user interface myself if i can find the time.

Send me a PM I'll see what I can fit in :)

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Thanks @Reece and @qps. I hope to have some time to figure out GitHub to get some code pushed this weekend for people to review but I've been spending so much time coding that I haven't had time to figure out how to use GitHub. Maybe somebody with more knowledge in that department can help me out, if you have experience with GitHub feel free to drop me a PM if you can give me a quick "Getting Started" guide or if you want help me get the code pushed.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Just some screenshots for those interested: http://vpsm.net/thread-14.html

I'm still working on the IP management portion of it since IPv6 is proving to be tricky and I need to get the IP blocks working better.

I'm in the process of learning AJAX to finish up the client area buttons, that's been fun.
Ohhh nice!

Serious question. When you toggle, for example, TUN/TAP, does the 'light switch' switch to 'On'? If not, it should :p

Looking good my friend. Best of luck!

KuJoe

Verified Provider
Ohhh nice!

Serious question. When you toggle, for example, TUN/TAP, does the 'light switch' switch to 'On'? If not, it should :p

Looking good my friend. Best of luck!
I'm not sure how it's going to work when it's done but for now it's just static image with no indicator. The GUI is just a temporary thing I threw together and I hope to completely change it when everything else is working. I'm going to play around with WHMCS's template system when I get time.

Novacha

Content Contributer
I'm not sure how it's going to work when it's done but for now it's just static image with no indicator. The GUI is just a temporary thing I threw together and I hope to completely change it when everything else is working. I'm going to play around with WHMCS's template system when I get time.
From what I can see, you could just throw in a CSS 180 rotation :)

Novacha

Content Contributer
By the way, I would recommend that you create a new Github organisation (free for public repositories) and then create a repository within that. 

clarity

I would be willing to help on the design stuff. It would be nice to have a clear direction though. I see that there are a lot of people willing to help. Without some types of direction, you could end up anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner