amuck-landowner

24khost, where are you?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Hello,

I just wanted to post here as I updated WHT.  24KHost is not a part of RockMyWeb, but we would like to offer assistance to anyone who is having issues, atleast with their VPS servers.  If your VPS service is offline or unreachable, please feel free to email me at devon(at)rockmyweb(dot)net and I will try to get some assistance to you.  I will try to get some word out to you, no one should lose access to their VPS now or in the future.

Sincerely,

Devon
First, welcome to vpsBoard Devon!

Any reason why 24khost's panel URL redirects to RockMyWeb's panel?  I remain confused.

loghash

Hello,

I just wanted to post here as I updated WHT.  24KHost is not a part of RockMyWeb, but we would like to offer assistance to anyone who is having issues, atleast with their VPS servers.  If your VPS service is offline or unreachable, please feel free to email me at devon(at)rockmyweb(dot)net and I will try to get some assistance to you.  I will try to get some word out to you, no one should lose access to their VPS now or in the future.

Sincerely,

Devon
Thank you so much for getting back Devon! You are the last hope.. I emailed you the details of the server. Any information would help! Thank You!

devonblzx

Verified Provider
First, welcome to vpsBoard Devon!

Any reason why 24khost's panel URL redirects to RockMyWeb's panel?  I remain confused.
Hello,

Which panel url are you using?  As far as I can see, their panel is not accessible.  I may be able to provide a workaround, but I do not have access to their domain.  RockMyWeb only assists in their VPS system management.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Hello,

Which panel url are you using?  As far as I can see, their panel is not accessible.  I may be able to provide a workaround, but I do not have access to their domain.  RockMyWeb only assists in their VPS system management.
Oh boy....

Well from Gmail link ---> https://cloud.24khost.com  ends up at ---> https://cloud.rockmyweb.net/

It isn't a redirect or anything. The original email had cloud.24khost.com but the link underneath is the cloud.rockmyweb.net. 

That URL doesn't recognize the account.

I see their billing stuff isn't responding either --> http://billing.24khost.com.   So, are they not accepting payments/discontinuing services or what?  People can't even pay invoices.

devonblzx

Verified Provider
Oh boy....

Well from Gmail link ---> https://cloud.24khost.com  ends up at ---> https://cloud.rockmyweb.net/

It isn't a redirect or anything. The original email had cloud.24khost.com but the link underneath is the cloud.rockmyweb.net. 

That URL doesn't recognize the account.

I see their billing stuff isn't responding either --> http://billing.24khost.com.   So, are they not accepting payments/discontinuing services or what?  People can't even pay invoices.
Yes, it shouldn't have been.  While they use the same control panel, it is a separate system, so you would not be able to login to our system with their account.

For now, I won't be able to update the control panel but I will try to get in touch with 24khost to get it back online.  In the meantime, feel free to email me if you are having trouble accessing your VPS through SSH, HTTP, etc, and I can assist you in that aspect.

Edit:  As for the billing, I can't comment on that just yet, but I can assure you, you are not at risk of losing your VPS service.

Last edited by a moderator:

loghash

Yes, it shouldn't have been.  While they use the same control panel, it is a separate system, so you would not be able to login to our system with their account.

For now, I won't be able to update the control panel but I will try to get in touch with 24khost to get it back online.  In the meantime, feel free to email me if you are having trouble accessing your VPS through SSH, HTTP, etc, and I can assist you in that aspect.

Edit:  As for the billing, I can't comment on that just yet, but I can assure you, you are not at risk of losing your VPS service.
Thanks to Devon, I am back online now! Cant Thank him enough! Thanks to @drmike and @concerto49! 

DeanClinton

ok, so whats going on then Devon? Why do you have access etc?

What happened to the reseller server, and why wasn't I informed?

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Thread tidied.

Gentle reminder folks - this is a thread about what's happening with 24khost, not for you to pimp your wares.

Shame on you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
I've been waiting a long time already. Can't really understand that people didn't leave already when site went down and never came back.
I was referring more to the "provider" that thought it would be a good time to swoop in and try to make a few sales from the situation.

devonblzx

Verified Provider
ok, so whats going on then Devon? Why do you have access etc?

What happened to the reseller server, and why wasn't I informed?
I assume you are a shared hosting / reseller hosting client?  If you want to email me your username, I can see if I can get in touch and get some info for you.

I have access to the VPS systems because we have maintained a systems management role and served as a consulting firm for 24khost.  I should have more information soon.

DeanClinton

@Devon - Thanks but it's OK, i'm not staying. I need a way to contact JJ to ask for a refund because what's happened is not acceptable.

Soon as in CC IPV6 soon?

devonblzx

Verified Provider
RockMyWeb Official Update

-----------------------------------------------------

The owner of 24KHost has decided to cease operations but has arranged for RockMyWeb to provide continuing service for their VPS clientele.   All VPS clients have been ported over to our system and have been sent notices about their account.  RockMyWeb will be acquiring their systems and integrating everything into our system seamlessly.

I wish the owner of 24KHost the best of luck with his future and I am glad to welcome all as new customers of RockMyWeb.

RockMyWeb is a portfolio of virtual server subsidiaries geared towards affordability and availability.  We have been providing virtual private servers for 7 years now, starting in 2006, therefore we have great experience and knowledge regarding virtual servers. We run systems and also consult for other providers in setting up and managing systems.  This was our role with 24KHost, thus making it easier for us to integrate you into our system.

Please note:  We are not taking over the operations or business of 24KHost.  We are only providing a continuing service for their VPS customers.   We can try to assist customers of shared or reseller hosting, I would be happy to attempt to help you if you email me at devon(at)rockmyweb(dot)net.

Thank you.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I am still confused :)

I mean I get it, but strange situation and 14 hours~ and a 180 of sorts.   I kind of saw this coming with the fubared recent IP changes and infusion of more of RockMyWeb in 24khost's business.  

Hoping this transition is a good one and things end well.

Here's the email that just was sent out to customers:

The owner of 24KHost has decided, at this time, that he cannot continue in the operation of the business and has arranged for RockMyWeb to provide you with continuing service. Not to worry, RockMyWeb will be acquiring all of their servers and integrating your account seamlessly into our system.

I wish the owner of 24KHost the best of luck with his future and I am glad to welcome you as a new customer of RockMyWeb.

Who is RockMyWeb?
-------------------------------------
RockMyWeb is a portfolio of virtual server subsidiaries geared towards affordability and availability. We have been providing virtual private servers for 7 years now, starting in 2006, therefore we have great experience and knowledge regarding virtual servers. We run systems and also consult for other providers in setting up and managing systems. This was our role with 24KHost, thus making it easier for us to integrate you into our system.

Will my IP address or server change?
If you already received your IP assignment from 24KHost, then no, you will have no changes to your system. However, it has come to my attention that 24KHost did not provide everyone in the Indiana location with their new IP assignments due to unfortunate circumstances, these went into place on October 25th as a change in our underlying network.

What will change?
------------------------------------
We use the same VPS control panel as 24KHost but utilize our own billing and support modules built into it. Everything is accessible through one portal. You may login at https://cloud.rockmyweb.net as your account has already been ported over. For support, you can access the Support Module and open a ticket. For viewing and paying invoices, you can access the Billing Module. Please note that some features may not work right away, if you have any issues with the function of your virtual server, please open a support ticket.

Will my package or billing amount change?
As far as I know, we have plans to honor your existing package with 24KHost. If we do decide in the future to change your plan, it would only be to move you to a plan that matches our offerings and systems better. We strive to be a low cost provider, so you should not worry about us raising prices. Please note that we are not able to process any refunds or credits for past payments as we are not acquiring their business, only providing a continuation of service for their VPS customers.

Paying Invoices
November invoices will start being generated this weekend in our system. To pay invoices directly, you may click on the Pay Invoice tab in the Billing Module. To deposit funds into your account, you may click on the Deposit Funds tab. Depositing funds allows you to deposit a custom amount of money into your account and our system will automatically apply it to your invoices on their due date. This makes it easy for customers who travel often or lose track of invoice due dates. If you know you will be away for a month, you can deposit two months worth and our system will automatically apply it.

Steps For Your Virtual Server
All virtual servers should be online at this time. If you have not received a new IP allocation recently, then you should login to the control panel to view your IP list. If you need assistance getting your new IP working or your server online, then please open a ticket and we will be glad to assist you.

Sincerely,

Devon B.
RockMyWeb

devonblzx

Verified Provider
This was not a planned event, so the IP changes were issued long before we knew of any other concerns.  24KHost was hosted alongside us, therefore these IP changes were just issued because of our network upgrades and changes. We were in contact with the owner very recently and this was his decision due to current circumstances, I believe we were the obvious choice for continuing the VPS service as we had access to the servers, the servers were in place, and we provided systems management to them already.

devonblzx

Verified Provider
Wasn't he just reselling you guys?  All his plans seemed remarkably identical to what you guys were offering, same control panel, same SSD caching, etc. 
I don't know if his plans were similar, we were not involved in their sales and marketing.   The features on the other hand, I guess that tends to happen when you consult for a provider.  We provisioned their systems in the same way we would have ours.   We started using SSD caching long before other providers.

amuck-landowner