amuck-landowner

ARIN Stock Changes Feb 2014 - Down to 1.38

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
So ARIN confirmed that the Issuing emails include both ARIN allocated resources as well as ORG->ORG transfers, that's how Amazon got the /10 w/o it taking off the public numbers.

It looks like my predictions for end of February are going to be off, though, so I'm going to owe someone a pizza :p

Francisco

rds100

Verified Provider
Yep, the end is delayed. Plus all RIRs will get some additional space from IANA in March and then in September.

rds100

Verified Provider
Here NAT is the norm for mobile / 3G based internet access. Residential / fixed access usually comes with a real IP.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Yeah, for sure. We'll see where we're at in three months or so, my guess is that we'll be depleted at that point.
plotend.png

It's pretty hilarious if you notice LACNIC makes a mad dash over the line to get things OK again.

AFRINIC having a major drop like that is fully expected. Expect to see a lot of hosts setting up South African offices (be it virtual or otherwise) just to apply for space.

As @rds100 said there's going to be legacy block returns that will liven up each RIR a little bit, but there's no guidelines on how much that is. Anyone with IANA space would be stupid to return it just because of the value of it.

Francisco

Last edited by a moderator:

Awmusic12635

Verified Provider
As @rds100 said there's going to be legacy block returns that will liven up each RIR a little bit, but there's no guidelines on how much that is. Anyone with IANA space would be stupid to return it just because of the value of it.

Francisco
Pretty sure I saw on nanog that ARIN was supposed to get a /12 or /13 from the next returning of space.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Pretty sure I saw on nanog that ARIN was supposed to get a /12 or /13 from the next returning of space.
That's pretty good.

Still, frontiernet is going through a /16->/15 every month or two and MS will go back in a month or two as well. Amazon getting their /10 from a transfer threw my figures off some, I had assumed they were getting from ARIN but it's very much possible ARIN wouldn't approve something that large.

Francisco

coreyman

Verified Provider
plotend.png

It's pretty hilarious if you notice LACNIC makes a mad dash over the line to get things OK again.

AFRINIC having a major drop like that is fully expected. Expect to see a lot of hosts setting up South African offices (be it virtual or otherwise) just to apply for space.

Francisco

Arin makes you attest that you are routing the space in their region. Afrinic does not?

Nett

Article Submitter
Verified Provider
And another /15 45.46.0.0 - 45.47.255.255

Did they just receive 45.48.0.0/14 in January?

amuck-landowner