amuck-landowner

BlueVM - S1-NY Disk Failure

sundaymouse

From their mass email to S1-NY Buffalo clients:

Hello, 

Unfortunately as many of you are aware we had a hardware failure on S1-NY. If you're receiving this message it means that you had a VPS on S1-NY and that we were unable to salvage the data on your VPS. We've replaced the failed drives and have setup Feathur so that you can login and rebuild your VPS. If you would like we are offering one month of free service for the issue and while it won't replace any data you may have lost we hope that it will give you adequate time to rebuild and setup your services again. 

It's rare that a server failure like this happens and we understand that no one likes to loose data. We did our very best to attempt to recover the data, but in the end there was nothing we could salvage. This is why we encourage and implore our users to maintain their own backups, just in case an event like this happens. 

Once again we do apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any questions or wish to request the credit for your service please feel free to open a ticket with us at: https://bluevm.com

Best Regards,

BlueVM Support

https://bluevm.com

SrsX

Banned
I see someone didn't get the memo on how to properly configure a server and measures to take incase of a hardware failure...

wlanboy

Content Contributer
Hardware failures happen.

The Pony is currently restoring a storage array too - so don't throw stones.

wlanboy

Content Contributer
Jup L.A. does have troubles (a reason why I never bought a vps in this location) but the rest looks fine:

• BlueVM Buffalo
    bluevm-buf.jpg
  • BlueVM Swizz
    bluevm-ch.jpg

wlanboy

Content Contributer
Complaints of lengthy downtimes on several nodes, slow and bad support, customers saying they're fed up and leaving...and the owner telling a customer to quote "fuck off" on IRC.
If I look to the rant (and the guy was annoying) ... don't condemn if you were not present:

It is all about a 5$ per year hosting account...

rant1.jpg

rant2.jpg

rant4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Yeah, Johnston already apologized on LET for saying it .

The TL;DR of the threads on LET, IRC, etc is they need to hire more staff..quickly
So did Mr. Johnston get rid of the help staff or what?

Did he have a related lady answering tickets or was I daydreaming about UGVPS again?

Magiobiwan

Insert Witty Statement Here
Verified Provider
I've been on vacation for a few days, and will be back at tickets tomorrow. Holiday seasons are always busy, because us staff want to spend time with family and friends. 

Virtovo

Verified Provider
I've been on vacation for a few days, and will be back at tickets tomorrow. Holiday seasons are always busy, because us staff want to spend time with family and friends. 
Im in the market for a few VPS.  How long are wait times currently on tickets?  Do you have a calendar of other holiday periods where support will be slow?

Magiobiwan

Insert Witty Statement Here
Verified Provider
We're working on keeping them low. Our AVERAGE (over this 3 month period) is about 2-4 hours (depending on priority, and support status. LImited Support Products get a lower priority). We're under a heavy load right now due to the disk failure (people want credit and want to complain), and I personally won't be answering tickets most of tomorrow, Christmas, and a day or two after (family stuff). The day or two after Christmas will be busy too, dealing with any backlogs from the days off. 

amuck-landowner