amuck-landowner

BuyVM - Leaving Buffalo Early

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Suddenly everyone wants to be BFF's with BuyVM.

lol.
Where did you pull Suddenly from?  The folks that offered to lend a hand have been friends - hence the offers for assistance.  We would do the same if the situation were reversed - that's just something friends do.  Perhaps try to be a bit more amicable, and you could learn this firsthand.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
I for one am proud to say I'm not friends with anyone from BuyVM.  I merely used them and their hot bodies for my own personal gains: Access to all the VIP clubs, free access to the buffet, and of course the party drug (alcohol duh).  

I'm quite the suave friend.  

SkylarM

Verified Provider
Glad to see you guys get to move on from CC. I look forward to seeing you guys continue to kick ass with a provider that isn't partaking in shady business practices. While the circumstances are ridiculous for your eviction, getting to move on from CC is the best thing for you guys. I wish you all the best in the migration :)

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
ColoCrossing @colocrossing 7 Jan

@FrantechCA you should have just gone with us in Los Angeles :)

So since you didn't we DDoS'd and nulled you during your Vegas move.

Love,

JBiloh

tchen

So, does this mean the buffalo machines will get some love sooner than later?  SSDs perhaps?  :p

raindog308

vpsBoard Premium Member
"The reason politics in academia are so nasty is that the stakes are so low."

-- Henry Kissinger

"Welcome to the next level: USENET."

-- popular saying circa 1994

I guess now we say, Welcome to the 21st century level: public datacenters.

The drama these people revolve around amazes me.  My employer (Fortune 500) does business with competitors every day - people who'd love to see us go out of business but for various commercial reasons use our services and vice-versa.  We deal with people we can't stand personally.  We deal with people who jumped shipped from our company and went to work with competitors.  Etcetera.  This pettiness is not how real businesspeople operate...it's how 19-year-old "Vice Presidents" act.

Eh...enough of that.

Congrats to BuyVM on moving to Choopa!  

BuyVM is one of the class acts of the VPS industry (lowend or not).  I wish them continued success.

switsys

I'm a customer of yours (BuyVM) and I'm really looking forward to this 'move'.
Not that I have anything to complain about regarding your present upstream provider, but too me it seems as they are pure a**holes. And no IPv6...

wlanboy

Content Contributer
The drama these people revolve around amazes me.  My employer (Fortune 500) does business with competitors every day - people who'd love to see us go out of business but for various commercial reasons use our services and vice-versa.  We deal with people we can't stand personally.  We deal with people who jumped shipped from our company and went to work with competitors.  Etcetera.  This pettiness is not how real businesspeople operate...it's how 19-year-old "Vice Presidents" act.
Yup - second that.

If I would handle my customers in the same way my boss would buy me a oneway ticket to the moon.

Business is business and private stays private. Just don't take yourself too seriously.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
So, does this mean the buffalo machines will get some love sooner than later?  SSDs perhaps?  :p
Not yet.

Buffalo doesn't get the level of IO slamming that the nodes in LV get. They will get SSD's but it isn't as important as getting LV getting them :)

We'll do SSD's on the east coast sometime next year.

Francisco

Coastercraze

Top Thrill
Verified Provider
Not yet.

Buffalo doesn't get the level of IO slamming that the nodes in LV get. They will get SSD's but it isn't as important as getting LV getting them :)

We'll do SSD's on the east coast sometime next year.

Francisco
Always good to do it in chunks instead of all at once. Saves you from a bit of drama haha.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
For those wondering, our deal with choopa was hashed out while we were on vacation. We got terms we were happy with and they were settled on Monday once Karen had time.

We don't have a concrete date set yet but we're "probably" going to be in Buffalo on the 8th or so. Once we have a confirmed time (should be confirmed today/tomorrow) we'll have a mass email go out to everyone.

Francisco

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
Every time I see "Choopa," I can't help but think of the chupacabra... Choopacabra, server sucker.
I think "Koopa Choopa". Mario? Anyone?

Seriously, though, like everyone I'm glad to see this happening. Can only be for the best. Wish I could be there, only two hours out, but that's two hours that won't happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner