amuck-landowner

BuyVM.NET / BuyShared.NET - Shared - $5/year | Resellers - $2.00/month! Dedicated IPv4! SSD RAID!

Schultz

Another vouch for BuyVM. Excellent, and I mean EXCELLENT support; great hardware (besides the router that keeps breaking :( ) & uptime is good.

Router in NJ failed like a week ago and broke my 50+ ~ day uptime, sad morning that was :(

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Another vouch for BuyVM. Excellent, and I mean EXCELLENT support; great hardware (besides the router that keeps breaking :( ) & uptime is good.

Router in NJ failed like a week ago and broke my 50+ ~ day uptime, sad morning that was :(
I'm just working out the last few details on the replacement unit ;)

Getting the last details down about another brocade.

Francisco

ndha

hi Fran,

Is it Cpanel based hosting mean like standar Cpanel that had Email,Cloudflare,Softaculous etc..

I just curious to see the Screnshot of the Cpanel :)

sorry if i want to know a lot ;)

Thanks...

k0nsl

Bad Goy
Last edited by a moderator:

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
The reason we have cPanel running 'inside a VPS' is to give us total control over the virtualized hardware.  This also makes it much easier for us to recover the platform without downtime in the case of abuse/etc.

Just to clarify - there are no other 'VPSes' on the hardware node.  Single dedicated server, with a single VPS, solely for the aforementioned virtualization benefits.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
The reason we have cPanel running 'inside a VPS' is to give us total control over the virtualized hardware.  This also makes it much easier for us to recover the platform without downtime in the case of abuse/etc.

Just to clarify - there are no other 'VPSes' on the hardware node.  Single dedicated server, with a single VPS, solely for the aforementioned virtualization benefits.
That, but I mostly did it because of the Adaptec 7805's. Good cards but their support for 2.6.x is complete garbage. We could use the LSI's but I honestly prefer how the adaptec's work.

Francisco

Imam86

Nah.. I like this ^ concept. ;)

catatonic

Any plans for an EU location? Could use shared hosting in the EU somewhere with a dedicated IP for SSL at $5/yr!

or even one of your $15/yr VPSs

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
EU's on the todo list - but we still have things we need to finish up in the states before we put more serious thought into another expansion.  You can count on us announcing the details once we've made a decision, though :p

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Rushing into decisions is how mistakes like Hostdime and CC happened - we'd rather take our time, plan things fully, and not have to subject clients to horrid upstreams :3

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Any plans for an EU location? Could use shared hosting in the EU somewhere with a dedicated IP for SSL at $5/yr!

or even one of your $15/yr VPSs
You heard it right from the horses mouth, not quite yet ;)

Once we do we'll roll all 4 product offerings. Storage, SSD OVZ's, KVM's, & shared hosting. We'll keep prices the same as well.

The biggest struggle has been picking a country.

Francisco

Last edited by a moderator:

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
This sentence made me back to the 2011/2012 era.

Ouch.. Am I a long time reader? :popcorn:
:D

We looked into Europe back then but weren't ready to venture into that at all. We would have ended

up renting gear and the likes since we would have been too scared to send actual equipment over seas.

These days we're more than ready for that all, we're just deciding and getting state side projects done.

I thought about NL but there's so many providers there that it's a waste of time. Romania is what keeps

coming back onto the plate as well as Luxembourg. Problem with Luxembourg is finding any sort of DC that

will reply to sales emails.

Francisco

Imam86

I thought about NL but there's so many providers there that it's a waste of time. Romania is what keeps

coming back onto the plate as well as Luxembourg. Problem with Luxembourg is finding any sort of DC that

It's a good choice.

In NL, you may compete with many providers. And usually the new drama always begin. :D

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
It's a good choice.

In NL, you may compete with many providers. And usually the new drama always begin. :D
It's more that I don't think people need another NL VPS.

The location has a lot of providers there because it's pretty cheap all around.

Romania is a pretty good show, well priced, & a pretty good network. Luxembourg

is right next to NL so the pings are within an ms or 3 but you get the perks of 'not being in NL'.

Francisco

k0nsl

Bad Goy
Try calling them up, that'll get their attention more than likely. Luxembourg would be an almost ideal ‘knutpunkt’ as we say here (the translation back into English sounds somewhat retarded: “junction”). I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for Luxembourg :)

:D

We looked into Europe back then but weren't ready to venture into that at all. We would have ended
up renting gear and the likes since we would have been too scared to send actual equipment over seas.

These days we're more than ready for that all, we're just deciding and getting state side projects done.

Francisco

amuck-landowner