amuck-landowner

BuyVM.NET / BuyShared.NET - Shared - $5/year | Resellers - $2.00/month! Dedicated IPv4! SSD RAID!

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Try calling them up, that'll get their attention more than likely. Luxembourg would be an almost ideal ‘knutpunkt’ as we say here (the translation back into English sounds somewhat retarded: “junction”). I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for Luxembourg :)
Cool :) We'll see what comes up. It's my preferred choice and I already have IP addresses worked out so we won't run into any issues with that. Filtering is also worked out and can be easily had and offered in the same price brackets.

Francisco

FHN-Eric

Verified Provider
NGINX doesn't handle apache HTACCESS files nicely. Litespeed is a drop in replacement meaning users rarely have to modify anything in their HTACCESS files to get the job done. As this product grows it'd simply be too much effort on both the customer and on us to manually add regexp matches. Now, there is some nginx plugins for cpanel that will do some weird magic to pass the htaccess to apache to parse
Have you looked into Lighttpd? It's open source like apache so you don't have to worry about tos like with litespeed. You might want to look into the benchmarks some, test them on a development vps.

http://www.lighttpd.net/benchmark/

Josiah

I have a few questions:

1.) Is this a fixed price?

2.) What is the memory limit?  (Want to make sure I can run Drupal/Wordpress with ease)  

3.) Is there anyway to check server response time?  (Domain you can provide)

4.) Can we setup cloudflare on this service?

5.) Would warnings be sent out if someone is using to many resources?  (If only we all could be that popular)

6.) Can I upgrade the plan at any time?  (If I ever became popular)

I'm a new grad and am still new to all this, and was recommended to checkout your service today.  When I Googled your url and Cpanel this is what came up.  Sorry if some of the questions seem silly or redundant.

Last edited by a moderator:

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
I have a few questions:

1.) Is this a fixed price?

2.) What is the memory limit?  (Want to make sure I can run Drupal/Wordpress with ease)  

3.) Is there anyway to check server response time?  (Domain you can provide)

4.) Can we setup cloudflare on this service?

5.) Would warnings be sent out if someone is using to many resources?  (If only we all could be that popular)

6.) Can I upgrade the plan at any time?  (If I ever became popular)

I'm a new grad and am still new to all this, and was recommended to checkout your service today.  When I Googled your url and Cpanel this is what came up.  Sorry if some of the questions seem silly or redundant.
No problem :)

1) Price is locked in for the life of the plan.

2) We have things set at 1GB right now. We don't have plans to increase it past this and have asked used to get a VPS instead.

3) We don't have any test sites setup on the server. I should really look at doing that :p I can't share peoples websites but if they want to do that, please do.

4) Cloudflare is supported and you can do so via cPanel itself.

5) Cloudlinux is pretty reasonable about this all. We've had to have sit downs with 2 - 3 users that thought running queries against 400k row SQL's w/o indexes with cool but we were reasonable to them.

6) No problem :) You can't easily move from shared<>reseller, though.

EDIT - Fixed point #3. There are a lot of customers on the server but for privacy reasons I can't share their sites.

Francisco

Josiah

Thanks for the quick response.  Just a couple more questions.

What is the current up time?

If the server is down will customers be notified?

I thought I would be able to edit the initial post before you responded, but you were fast.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Thanks for the quick response.  Just a couple more questions I forgot.

What is the current up time?

If the server is down will customers be notified?
It's sitting at 41 days right now. There was a reboot back then when we needed to push a CentOS kernel update.

Some users had issues with their IP getting nullrouted due to them using a single shared IP address, instead of their dedicated one so they experienced downtime on that.

If the node goes down or we have to do maintenance we do our best to give plenty of notice.

If there's unplanned downtime (crash, etc), we've been getting a lot better about sending heads up.

Francisco

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
right , you save $20 /mo on cPanel licenses and a few $ more on related licenses. Its worth sacrificing a bit of cpu power for that
Ah that's nothing.

There's far bigger reasons for it all that we don't share since people like to copy our ideas ;p

Francisco

ghostfrompast

Cool :) We'll see what comes up. It's my preferred choice and I already have IP addresses worked out so we won't run into any issues with that. Filtering is also worked out and can be easily had and offered in the same price brackets.

Francisco
i dont see you in the list of ripe members. i agree 5.5k usd is expensive for /22. who you ended with? ip-as or resilans?

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
yea i like how securedragon,ramnode and everyone copied your ssd caching,filtered ips and everything.shame on them.
Not sure if caching was a 'copy' thing since it was where the market would have gone anyway with LSI being the go-to choice for RAID cards.

I spend a lot of time doing research into different ideas and setups. I've been able to work my way out of a lot of hurdles that are caused by limitations in certain platforms, etc.

Francisco

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Not that bad for a /22. 

Hoping he didn't use Resilans, that's about up there with the cleanliness of old BalticServers and historic Santrex IPs.
You all worry about our EU IP's too much.

I said it was handled... so it's handled. :) A nice, juicy, /20.

EDIT - I should add that whenever we cross the pond that shared/etc plans won't change. Same features (dedicated IP's, backups, etc), resources, pricing, etc.

Francisco

amuck-landowner