amuck-landowner

BuyVM(Review) awful experience

Hsin

This is the rich part.....the professionalism of the company discussing the matter with other clients and/or non-clients

1. @Francisco telling lies?

At what point did I ask/word that I wanted anything Free from you guys lol. I love how you are telling the idiots who hang on to your every word bold face lies.

0fde41fde90d092b00381e04e800406d.png

2.  I fail to see how you are out the license cost. If I paid for the license then how are you out the cost? I'd love to know that.

Also to translate: "He should apologize and kiss our ass and we'll get him set right up and take some more of his cash."

I love how he assumes that I am running around trying to find service. Nah Bro....I got the fuck on an actual reputable host that doesn't have a shady background/past and actually has made a name for themselves :p

3f9560a87bdd482c71d1db4f21bffc25.png

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
LOL, if you're going to #frantech's IRC channel seeking professionalism turn away now. That is a place to chit chat and have fun. It's not meant to be for anything serious.

Turn away now before you're offended by the liberal use of cusswords, slurs, and joking that is done there.

Hsin

LOL, if you're going to #frantech's IRC channel seeking professionalism turn away now. That is a place to chit chat and have fun. It's not meant to be for anything serious.

Turn away now before you're offended by the liberal use of cusswords, slurs, and joking that is done there.

Oh I am not offended by that kind of stuff. We do just as bad if not worse on my forum I run :p

I just amused myself at the fact that he is blatantly lying to his friends/clients/jack off buddies about this or that :p It's pretty funny to me.

But as I said I didn't expect much from VPSboard(and lord knows it would be even worse on LET) when it came to reviewing Buyvm which is why I posted it here but on more neutral sites.

OSTKCabal

Verified Provider
This is simply too entertaining for me to not hop in. By the way, I'm not a BuyVM customer and never have been.

First things first. You went in expecting what is basically full management for $23 per month, then you got upset when the provider made multiple attempts to work with you and explained what the issue(s) were? And equally "disappointed" that a human being has to sleep? People and hosts make mistakes, that's just a fact of life, my friend. There were mistakes made on both sides. But I believe BuyVM is in the right here. All you're doing is stirring up a fire that doesn't need to and shouldn't exist. 

I can clearly see that Fransisco was interested in and actively tried to finish up the setup just by those first 4 lines of the live chat, but you went on to request a refund before they really had a chance to. Your fault for waiting until after your old provider's service expired, that should never happen if you give even the faintest of a crap about the content. That doesn't account for the fact that as a forum & website administrator, you should actively be backing your content, databases, etc up to an external server anyway. Your fault for them having to wait for your upload.

Secondly, sure, Fransisco got a little upset. But put yourself in his shoes; and be honest - wouldn't you get a bit upset about a client who's being completely irresponsible and unreasonable about... everything? Perhaps compounded by the stress and hardships of running a large VPS provider, lack of sleep, crap going on in life - y'know, human factors that everyone experiences?

Anyway. Best of luck with whatever provider gets your business.

**This post represents my personal opinions and does not reflect the views of my employer(s).

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
The good thing about the web hosting industry is there are no shortage of providers out there. I'm sure you can find a new host by the time your service with BuyVM will renew if you don't wish to renew with them. There are literally thousands of providers.

I like them, as evident by my use of their services to host this site, but I understand that not everyone will have similar experiences. Even the hosts generally regarded as the 'best' fail to please customers sometimes. No biggie, many other hosts to choose from. I do appreciate you sharing your experience though and wish you luck with whatever provider(s) you choose in the future.

Hsin

This is simply too entertaining for me to not hop in. By the way, I'm not a BuyVM customer and never have been.

First things first. You went in expecting what is basically full management for $23 per month, then you got upset when the provider made multiple attempts to work with you and explained what the issue(s) were? And equally "disappointed" that a human being has to sleep? People and hosts make mistakes, that's just a fact of life, my friend. There were mistakes made on both sides. But I believe BuyVM is in the right here. All you're doing is stirring up a fire that doesn't need to and shouldn't exist. 

I can clearly see that Fransisco was interested in and actively tried to finish up the setup just by those first 4 lines of the live chat, but you went on to request a refund before they really had a chance to. Your fault for waiting until after your old provider's service expired, that should never happen if you give even the faintest of a crap about the content. That doesn't account for the fact that as a forum & website administrator, you should actively be backing your content, databases, etc up to an external server anyway. Your fault for them having to wait for your upload.

Secondly, sure, Fransisco got a little upset. But put yourself in his shoes; and be honest - wouldn't you get a bit upset about a client who's being completely irresponsible and unreasonable about... everything? Perhaps compounded by the stress and hardships of running a large VPS provider, lack of sleep, crap going on in life - y'know, human factors that everyone experiences?

Anyway. Best of luck with whatever provider gets your business.

I went in expecting full managed(based on their definition of what I asked them and they told me) for $40 a month....For the umpteenth time, the $23 is only what I paid for the remainder of August, as it was a proration.

You acknowledged that mistakes were made on both sides....but then turn right around and say that BuyVm is in the right? You do realize how contradictory that sounds?

Also for the umpteenth time, I am not mad that the dude went to sleep....I was mad that the dude went to sleep WITHOUT saying a word.

Communication is the issue. Or the lack thereof....That's just like me talking to someone on the phone and then all of a sudden I just hang up. Didn't say bye or anything. Just hang up.

Or I am up on a date and I just get up and leave and don't say a word.

How anyone can't see WHY that would be annoying is laughable lol and I am pretty sure you people would be pissed if someone just stops replying for 8 hours without you knowing what is going on.

You are absolutely right that mistakes are made.  It is a fact of life. But a person also owns up and accepts accountability for my mistakes without making excuses. I've done that...cant say the same for BuyVm.

I don't see why anyone keeps bringing up the fact of my old host....It doesn't matter when I cancelled with them. I am not nor did not blame them for that.

Why do I need another server for my backups if I already HAD my backups? I even asked the dude if he wanted me utilize another means(since the original method I chose was not working). I keep my backups generally in my own storage as well as locally as well. I hadn't done so with that particular back-up at the time because it was fresh and I was going to upload it to buyvm.

Tell me why Hawkhost(my current host) was able to restore the back I uploaded altogether in about 2 hours? Only for $4 more than BuyVM?

AS far as your last paragraph....I have worked in fast food where I have to deal with people I don't feel like dealing with. My present job is good but I still have to interact with customers. I may be going through some stuff. But it is my job to be respectful to the customer. So no there is no excuse for any of his behavior.

Furthermore, I'd be perfectly willing to accept that maybe he was having a bad day, frustrated or maybe there were signals crossed. He even came into this forum to say he could've handled it better.

But then turns around and goes back to his chat to not only lie to his fanboys about how I asked him for free stuff but then turns around and says "Oh yeah if he comes back and apologizes to us, we'll set him up."

Yeah that doesn't sound like someone who realizes the situation was handled badly and it doesn't sound like someone who is taking accountability.

Sounds like someone who has an ego who believes he can and did no wrong.

The good thing about the web hosting industry is there are no shortage of providers out there. I'm sure you can find a new host by the time your service with BuyVM will renew if you don't wish to renew with them. There are literally thousands of providers.

I like them, as evident by my use of their services to host this site, but I understand that not everyone will have similar experiences. Even the hosts generally regarded as the 'best' fail to please customers sometimes. No biggie, many other hosts to choose from. I do appreciate you sharing your experience though and wish you luck with whatever provider(s) you choose in the future.

That is one perk of the hosting world :)

I am presently with HawkHost. Who I do recommend for nearly the same price as BuyVM, much better reputation, flexibility, and support and who don't have a shady background/reviews and possibly involved in shilling and what not.

but-thats-none-of-my-business.gif

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I am presently with HawkHost. Who I do recommend for nearly the same price as BuyVM, much better reputation, flexibility, and support and who don't have a shady background/reviews and possibly involved in shilling and what not.
Tell Brian and Cody I said hello.    We'll ignore that other part I omitted.  Why?  Because that matter you speak of is utter shit, forgive the adult language.   The original post over there was by a ColoCrossing employee nested in a shell company.  Told to post or get a new job.   That's all I'll say about that for now.

PS: the quote mechanism here is broken....

OSTKCabal

Verified Provider
It's not contradictory to acknowledge mistakes made then submit my OPINION that one party is more in the right and is acceptably usable. I like General Motors vehicles even though they screwed up pretty bad with the whole ignition switch recall. I like going to my local Popeye's Chicken even though they screwed up my order last time. Why? Because I see they made a mistake, but I know they will make an active attempt to make it up to me by correcting it. Just as BuyVM was making an active attempt to make it up for you.

The responses Fransisco gave for his mistakes weren't excuses as much as they were pointing out why he couldn't complete the job in a satisfactory manner, all of which were the customer's (that's you!) fault. It's not illegal for a provider to point out their customer's mistakes when that customer goes out into the wild and makes a bunch of posts about the oh-so-terrible service he received, even though the company made an active attempt to resolve the problem and finish the requested work.

We bring up your old host because you cancelled it and let it run out before you ordered from the new company. Any competent web administrator will know it'll be light years easier and faster for their new provider to transfer the necessary files and content from another vps or server than it will be to wait for a slow residential connection. That just goes back to horrifically bad or complete lack of planning on your part.

Your current host was able to transfer your files because they were obviously ready and waiting for you. That shouldn't even be part of the conversation.

I very rarely find anybody in fast food that is actually respectful to the customer, even in a business-client formal way, much less a truly kind/respectful informal way. The way you respond here tells me you're not in the best of ways to talk down to me about respect.And before you say anything, I'll gladly admit my posts here aren't the most respectful either, but I don't feel you deserve an ounce of it anyway.

**This post represents my personal opinions and does not reflect the views of my employer(s).

Hsin

Tell Brian and Cody I said hello.    We'll ignore that other part I omitted.  Why?  Because that matter you speak of is utter shit, forgive the adult language.   The original post over there was by a ColoCrossing employee nested in a shell company.  Told to post or get a new job.   That's all I'll say about that for now.

PS: the quote mechanism here is broken....
Yeah Brian and Cody have definitely impressed me thus far...as for the other part, It's not the first time I've seen those claims and other shady stuff :p But again none of my business though ;)

It's not contradictory to acknowledge mistakes made then submit my OPINION that one party is more in the right and is acceptably usable. I like General Motors vehicles even though they screwed up pretty bad with the whole ignition switch recall. I like going to my local Popeye's Chicken even though they screwed up my order last time. Why? Because I see they made a mistake, but I know they will make an active attempt to make it up to me by correcting it. Just as BuyVM was making an active attempt to make it up for you.

The responses Fransisco gave for his mistakes weren't excuses as much as they were pointing out why he couldn't complete the job in a satisfactory manner, all of which were the customer's (that's you!) fault. It's not illegal for a provider to point out their customer's mistakes when that customer goes out into the wild and makes a bunch of posts about the oh-so-terrible service he received, even though the company made an active attempt to resolve the problem and finish the requested work.

We bring up your old host because you cancelled it and let it run out before you ordered from the new company. Any competent web administrator will know it'll be light years easier and faster for their new provider to transfer the necessary files and content from another vps or server than it will be to wait for a slow residential connection. That just goes back to horrifically bad or complete lack of planning on your part.

Your current host was able to transfer your files because they were obviously ready and waiting for you. That shouldn't even be part of the conversation.

I very rarely find anybody in fast food that is actually respectful to the customer, even in a business-client formal way, much less a truly kind/respectful informal way. The way you respond here tells me you're not in the best of ways to talk down to me about respect.And before you say anything, I'll gladly admit my posts here aren't the most respectful either, but I don't feel you deserve an ounce of it anyway.

1. At what point did BuyVm try to make up mistake and any lack of communication? Because I opened the ticket(Politely) and then I came on chat to see if it had been received and then they immediately had an attitude.

So do tell me where they actively tried to work with me?

Or where they took accountability for the fact that communication failed on both sides...or where Francisco flat out lied/change the story up at?

2. I also pointed out why his claims of calling me out were false as well and I made my argument against those....not to mention I also acknowledged my own fault and accepted accountability for those actions.

3.Once again, dumbass, I asked Buyvm which would be better...if it would be easier for them to do a migration from the old host OR uploaded. He told me it didn't matter. So I chose the way I have always done.

Funny, I uploaded to hawkhost and got it restored with no issue whatsoever....but there is an issue with Buyvm? Interesting.

My current host started from the same point Buyvm....they just executed what I needed far better and when there was hiccups, they adequately communicated with me unlike Buyvm.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
My current host started from the same point Buyvm....they just executed what I needed far better and when there was hiccups, they adequately communicated with me unlike Buyvm.
Like you will see me say many times, not every host is at every time a good fit.   It happens and no amount of yelling is going to undo it and your lost money.  

Really wish life had a rewind button, so you would have your money back and BuyVM would have their time back.

Seriously, you are out what?  What is the value of the dispute?

Hsin

Like you will see me say many times, not every host is at every time a good fit.   It happens and no amount of yelling is going to undo it and your lost money.  

Really wish life had a rewind button, so you would have your money back and BuyVM would have their time back.

Seriously, you are out what?  What is the value of the dispute?
I am not too worried about the remaining $14 I lost. That's a meal at Chili's or a stop at Starbucks for me lol

I just really dislike the fact that people are literally sitting here assuming and basically overlooking a lying ass host :)

One thing I will say...if I did have ulterior motives, I certainly wouldn't post screenshots that show my poor choices as well as atone/acknowledge them lol in this thread :)

OSTKCabal

Verified Provider
The way of life on these communities is naturally to trust the person or provider with a longtime proven record versus the new guy, just as in any workplace or organization. BuyVM has an excellent record among many in this industry, and naturally people will step in and defend it. I have no true bias towards or against BuyVM, and have formed my own opinion on the matter, with a provider's point of view, from your posts and from Fransisco's response.

You say what he claims is false, even though the information for the most part matches up with what you yourself have said throughout the thread, and from what I can see, BuyVM made a fair amount of exceptions just to get you in the door. That alone expresses a willingness by the provider to work with you. Perhaps they should have been given the proper time to do so, especially since you were given the reasoning behind the delays and I'm sure they would have been happy to compensate your account for the delay, as most providers will do.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Quote said:
I just really dislike the fact that people are literally sitting here assuming and basically overlooking a lying ass host :)
Well from one hot head to another, I think you are just blowing smoke now...  

The lying part at best seems to be some miscommunication issues and overnight US work.  But have at it and point to where it's more.   I read the materials and I get upset customer stuff from all over, and well none of this amounts to some mass lying or either side being off base too far.

Trust me, I think you are being honest and your experience was real.  We all live in our experiences and they are more impactful for you than us externally.

I'm glad you've found a better suitable host for you.  That's really the goal and what we should be encouraging.

Hsin

The way of life on these communities is naturally to trust the person or provider with a longtime proven record versus the new guy, just as in any workplace or organization. BuyVM has an excellent record among many in this industry, and naturally people will step in and defend it. I have no true bias towards or against BuyVM, and have formed my own opinion on the matter, with a provider's point of view, from your posts and from Fransisco's response.

You say what he claims is false, even though the information for the most part matches up with what you yourself have said throughout the thread, and from what I can see, BuyVM made a fair amount of exceptions just to get you in the door. That alone expresses a willingness by the provider to work with you. Perhaps they should have been given the proper time to do so, especially since you were given the reasoning behind the delays and I'm sure they would have been happy to compensate your account for the delay, as most providers will do.

I am curious what exceptions you saw exactly.

OSTKCabal

Verified Provider
Well, since the quote system is broken beyond all belief here, just know I'm replying to @Hsin's latest post.

The first exception I see is that they allowed you to sign up for service using an unverified PayPal account, which is against their own policy and is undoubtedly one of their safety webs versus fraudulent orders. That, again, implies a certain trust and willingness to work with you.

The second exceptions is that they provided detailed instruction on how to use the necessary programs, not something even managed hosts will do on a regular basis.

The third exception is that they offered support outside of their standard support hours.

Perhaps I'm wrong or misunderstanding something along the way here, but it seems pretty black and white to me. Yes, I will say that Fransisco could have handled it better, but we all have our bad days and he has come on here to publicly address that fact.

Hsin

Well, since the quote system is broken beyond all belief here, just know I'm replying to @Hsin's latest post.

The first exception I see is that they allowed you to sign up for service using an unverified PayPal account, which is against their own policy and is undoubtedly one of their safety webs versus fraudulent orders. That, again, implies a certain trust and willingness to work with you.

The second exceptions is that they provided detailed instruction on how to use the necessary programs, not something even managed hosts will do on a regular basis.

The third exception is that they offered support outside of their standard support hours.

Perhaps I'm wrong or misunderstanding something along the way here, but it seems pretty black and white to me. Yes, I will say that Fransisco could have handled it better, but we all have our bad days and he has come on here to publicly address that fact.

1. While that was my fault...I don't consider that an exception. Most host, if an order is questionable, request some form of identification. Had he asked me for that, I would have gladly done so.

2. That program wasn't necessary...because I could have easily done it some other way. It's merely what HE wanted me to use it. Therefore, him wanting me to use something I am not familiar with is also not an exception.

3. They didn't offer support after hours because all they did was ask a few questions...the order itself wasn't placed until normal hours because he...wait for it...went to sleep.

We all have our good days and bad days but he only came up here to place most of the blame on me for his lack of communication and handling the situation better...not take accountability.

wlanboy

Content Contributer
Wow - quite a short time to wave things up.
One thing I learned during working for customers in different countries is that there are different levels on what you can say until you reach the rude limit. So just don't ever be not polite.

What I see is a great misunderstanding. On both sides. Playing the divorce lawyer for both parties would not be a funny job.
Quite in the middle of the struggle there was one point that jumps into my eyes.
The one that a support stuff "was sleeping/lunching" but afterwards was working on the ticket.

On my side that is "cool that you woke up your commrade to help / waited for me" and "LIE! LIE! LIE!" on your side. After that they could have done what-so-ever and you whould have misinterpret it as an attack or lie.

Frans way to first blame the customer and afterwards checking if the browser killed the chat did not helped too.

If the order would have been placed in the morning, there had no been any billing issues and the crappy web-based chat would have worked - well this thread would not exist.

Hopefully some people will see a "lesson learned" tag too on this discussion.

Hxxx

This shows that BuyVM are even better. Man guiding a customer on how to use FTP? WTF is 2015 and you dont know how to use FTP? Do you even Internet bro?

Francisco wasted too much time helping this prehistoric user. 

I would have immediately refunded after the FTP stuff. 

I guess it would be good to put a checkbox on the sign up : Do you FTP? LOL

if(ftpcheckbox == false){

executeAutoCancelRefundGTFO();

}

Hsin

Wow - quite a short time to wave things up.
One thing I learned during working for customers in different countries is that there are different levels on what you can say until you reach the rude limit. So just don't ever be not polite.

What I see is a great misunderstanding. On both sides. Playing the divorce lawyer for both parties would not be a funny job.
Quite in the middle of the struggle there was one point that jumps into my eyes.
The one that a support stuff "was sleeping/lunching" but afterwards was working on the ticket.

On my side that is "cool that you woke up your commrade to help / waited for me" and "LIE! LIE! LIE!" on your side. After that they could have done what-so-ever and you whould have misinterpret it as an attack or lie.

Frans way to first blame the customer and afterwards checking if the browser killed the chat did not helped too.

If the order would have been placed in the morning, there had no been any billing issues and the crappy web-based chat would have worked - well this thread would not exist.

Hopefully some people will see a "lesson learned" tag too on this discussion.

LOL I think you sort of get the overall point of the topic :p As I said in the original posts, mistakes were made on both sides and misunderstandings do happen. People keep using the excuse

"Well Francisco is human...."

Well so am I. So why does the same excuse not apply to me? Oh I get it...because I am not some fanboy ;) 

Mistakes were made and I chose a managed VPS because I obviously needed and wanted a host that could fill  in the places of what I lack/do not know...but it is how you handled those mistakes that makes all the difference. And buyvm handled it badly and unprofessionally.

This shows that BuyVM are even better. Man guiding a customer on how to use FTP? WTF is 2015 and you dont know how to use FTP? Do you even Internet bro?

Francisco wasted too much time helping this prehistoric user. 

I would have immediately refunded after the FTP stuff. 

I guess it would be good to put a checkbox on the sign up : Do you FTP? LOL

if(ftpcheckbox == false){

executeAutoCancelRefundGTFO();

}

The fanboys are out in full force...this is too cute <3

Apparently Aldyric did not know how to install litespeed and had to wait till Francisco came on to do it(Oh wait...according to Francisco yesterday, Aldyric does know how to do it but didn't know if Francisco had something set up differently for managed VPS). What hosting company doesn't know how to install litespeed in 2015 as popular as it is? I am not saying that offensive to Aldyric because he was actually decent to work with...but the same ignorant logic you have for me can apply to buyvm.

Furthermore that brings me to a point that you all are missing or overlooking....

It isn't about me supposedly rushing(I never once rushed them) or expecting more than I should have. It is about the customer service.

Why is it that I am speaking to the owner of the company...yet he doesn't seem to know his own companies refund policies? If someone is requesting a refund and you have a refund policy...who says "you'll likely get your refund policy back?"

Is your refund policy 7 days?

Is it three days?

Sitting there directly lying or acting unconcerned and trying to pass it off to others and taking no accountability is unprofessional? LMFAO

amuck-landowner