amuck-landowner

ColoCrossing Makes List of Largest ARIN Free Pool IP Acquirers in 2013

SkylarM

Verified Provider
Not true.

The providers I've busted have all be in the ~/19 total space range, a few a bit bigger.

Francisco
I mean regarding applying for IP space. They have a policy in place to forward and manually review all requests that request a /15 or larger iirc. I forget what the exact number is, but their stage 3 policy has something requiring some additional steps/work done on ARIN's part for a very large request.

Perhaps he got tired of being the princess of the pair, and wanted to try being the shining knight for a change.  Except in this case, instead of a dramatic rescue of his lover it was more of a tragic stumble on dismount, then trying to have drunken sex with the horse.

Thanks for the laugh, that's great.

Last edited by a moderator:

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
ARIN requires that you sign a contract now for every allocation stating you aren't being a douchebag with them.

I'm sure ARIN has some good clauses within the contract to bitch slap you if you act up.

Anyway. When colospamming had their 20k - 40k+ IP's on spamhaus I wrote a very quick script that scraped their entire IP space for PTR records. If drmike or Curtis want some gas for their fire, it'd take just a little bit of parsing to turn it into a very solid report for ARIN.

Francisco

k0nsl

Bad Goy
If we're lucky we get to see Colocrossing in the 2014 movie “Coloncrossing — Arin, Where’s My IPs?“   :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

cubixcloud

Verified Provider
@SkylarM our experience has been they actually request previous allocation information and didn't assume anything.

Other providers I know had the same experience so it probably varies from the analyst to analyst handling the ticket.

SkylarM

Verified Provider
@SkylarM our experience has been they actually request previous allocation information and didn't assume anything.

Other providers I know had the same experience so it probably varies from the analyst to analyst handling the ticket.
It wouldn't surprise me. I've done 3 requests and they've all been the same way so I just assume it's standard policy. Doesn't always have to be I suppose.

kaniini

Beware the bunny-rabbit!
Verified Provider
The more interesting thing in that report is that Enzu and Ubiquity are also in the top 10 of hoarders.

I will be sure to bring all three up next time I talk to ARIN.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
The rapid accumulation of IPv4 by some companies could easily be solved if ARIN would just listen to my suggestion and refuse new allocations of IPv4 to any provider who hasn't implemented IPv6 yet. :D

this comment was influenced a tiny little bit by my visit to LEB a few minutes ago: 0 of the last 10 providers featured on LEB offered IPv6 in their offers...

cubixcloud

Verified Provider
There are a few providers on that list we've reached out to in order to report spam as a friendly provider and they ignored our communications period. We even had a customer try to sign up with us saying look we've got a /24 allocated to us we are good. Can you assign us one? WTH really?? :angry:

If good providers would start dropping the providers on that list who ignore abuse issues then the Internet would be better off. But then again, that won't happen!  :rolleyes:

NodePacket

Verified Provider
I've seen a couple providers that make you fill out multiple documents providing justification reasons for even a /29. I guess as the IPs get lower, people get more strict.

qps

Verified Provider
I've seen a couple providers that make you fill out multiple documents providing justification reasons for even a /29. I guess as the IPs get lower, people get more strict.
ARIN has started asking for more documentation.  If you don't have the documentation, ARIN won't give you more addresses until you can produce it.

SkylarM

Verified Provider
Honestly it's an easy deterrent. Spammers etc may ask for a /29 but if you ask for justification forms to be filled out they usually won't bother with all the extra effort. 

amuck-landowner