amuck-landowner

ColoCrossing Makes List of Largest ARIN Free Pool IP Acquirers in 2013

SkylarM

Verified Provider
Haha when I saw it on domaintools I quickly glanced at the record and just saw reg in 2005 but that was the organization not the IP block. Yep...I see it on my email also [arin-issued] list.

http://whois.arin.net/rest/org/VGS-9/nets

I wonder how does one seriously apply for a /14 and get it?
As per ARIN Stage 2 policies that carry over to Stage 3, a team of Senior Analysts are supposed to handle requests over /16's. Not sure what CC did. It likely had something to do with routing /18's to 1 dedicated server and Swipping it in the name of a spammer for the sake of the application. Unfortunate really.

rds100

Verified Provider
Interesting, ARIN had 1.54 or 1.53 /8s left just before Xmas, and is down to 1.50 today. Seems someone has been working overtime.

wv-sh

Last spring we signed a contract for colocation with ColoCrossing. To put it simply, we won't be increasing our footprint, nothing is wrong with the service, we just don't agree with how they appear to do business.

We were recently going through some old emails collecting copies of our old sales orders. While sorting through these emails we came across some interesting conversations that fit in well with a number of the discussions that have been taking place here on VPSBoard.

We feel these emails needed to come to light as they show deception and bad practices on their part. The emails show how lax their policies are in regards to IPv4 justification as well as how they lied to us regarding IPv6 availability. We will be glad to answer questions about the context, within reason.

Please note we have censored these documents in an effort to be anonymous. They should be read from the bottom up.

Emails regarding IPv4 justification: http://puu.sh/613yn.pdf

IPv6 Availability Part 1: http://puu.sh/613Bo.pdf

IPv6 Availability Part 2: http://puu.sh/614jp.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

GIANT_CRAB

edward snowden pls go away.

we already know NSA is spying on us

anyone who uses colocrossing services are stupid

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Welcome @wv-sh!

"Justification is reasonable. Anything like cloud, vpn, etc. is justification"
That's not IP justification reason.

VPN for example often uses shared IP pools and not a per customer IP burn approach.Having a cloud/cluster isn't defacto blanket reason for legit IP issuance.

IP issuance/use requires an IP justification form based on ARIN standards, which are lacking.

If something can be NAT'd it should be, not ARIN rule, but common good sense./29 or greater requires SWIP of info on the range, with customer name and street address info.

ISPs are required to apply a utilization efficiency criterion in providing address space to their customers. To this end, ISPs should have documented justification available for each reassignment. ARIN may request this justification at any time. If justification is not provided, future receipt of allocations may be impacted. In extreme cases, existing allocations may be affected.
Reassignment information for prior allocations must show that each customer meets the 80% utilization criteria and must be available via SWIP/RWHOIS prior to your issuing them additional space.
ARIN continues to be at fault. They are allowing misuse and fraudulent allocation of IPs. ARIN needs to start auditing and reclaiming IPs.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Should we surprised if we see CC getting a /13 within a few months?
Quite possible. Only host around that has been sold out for ages yet finds a use for a /13. I know they swing around some image of a room full of servers, but none of them were 4 bay servers so they weren't getting rented as VPS nodes (what would burn the most IP's legally). Granted, I'm sure spammer boxes don't need anything but a lot of BW.

If they were ever looking to be bought out then it'll be the biggest asset. No one wants a slew of old ass E3's now. Shiiit, I've been selling off complete E3's for $500/ea.

Francisco

rds100

Verified Provider
There is not much time left to do it. Arin was at the 2.00 /8s left mark on the first of August. It took 5 months to burn 0.50 /8s, so i'd say this game ends on 1st of June or sooner - i.e. then Arin will have only one /8 left and should stop handing out big allocations.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
There is not much time left to do it. Arin was at the 2.00 /8s left mark on the first of August. It took 5 months to burn 0.50 /8s, so i'd say this game ends on 1st of June or sooner - i.e. then Arin will have only one /8 left and should stop handing out big allocations.
Not should, will. Rules kick in limiting subnets to a single /22 per provider if they have an ipv6 game plan.

Francisco

SkylarM

Verified Provider
http://bgp.he.net/net/107.152.128.0/17#_whois

Looks like now that B2 / ServerMania is announced, they got the CC IP treatment, a /17. 

ARIN must not be too bright, then again they did use the mall as an address instead of the daycare center:
Wait what the hell. Since when does a company that can apply for their own IP allocations, and HAS their own IP allocations continue to need IPs from their upstream? Doesn't look fishy at all. Nope. Not at all.

amuck-landowner