amuck-landowner

crissic.net - Reviews

SkylarM

Verified Provider
yeah I'm onto it.

SkylerM knows who I'm and what's my box and why I'm here for.

and you already have given your reviews mentioning your 7 servers with not a single problem, running for the last year with no down time.

You must be on some super node. Anyhow I'll decide whether to share proofs in public or not. I don't care whether someone believes me or not, I'm satisfied with what I've done and what I'm doing.
I don't actually know who you are 100% as you haven't bothered responding to my requests for proof of service via an IP or email.

PortCTL

So from what I understand, OP might of paid for a service, but he can't provide proof he did, he claims downtime issues, and some other nonsense, yet clearly no issues on Crssic end besides the occasional network issue which does happen for even the biggest of providers.

You could help everyone by just posting proof that you have a service, even if it's the last few digits of the IP, or an invoice ID so Skylar can go and look it up and see which customer you are.

Just my two cents.

SFTP

So from what I understand, OP might of paid for a service, but he can't provide proof he did, he claims downtime issues, and some other nonsense, yet clearly no issues on Crssic end besides the occasional network issue which does happen for even the biggest of providers.

You could help everyone by just posting proof that you have a service, even if it's the last few digits of the IP, or an invoice ID so Skylar can go and look it up and see which customer you are.

Just my two cents.
This was not more than a half cent actually.

There was nothing new you said, all the lines have been said by someone somewhere in this thread.

Let me repeat myself too, SkylerM knows who I am and why I'm here. I've shared proofs with the Admin of this board, otherwise you wouldn't find this thread active even on the 3rd day.

Just my two cents.

SkylarM

Verified Provider
Let me repeat myself too, SkylerM knows who I am and why I'm here. I've shared proofs with the Admin of this board, otherwise you wouldn't find this thread active even on the 3rd day.

Just my two cents.
As I just said a few posts up

I don't actually know who you are 100% as you haven't bothered responding to my requests for proof of service via an IP or email.

PortCTL

This was not more than a half cent actually.

There was nothing new you said, all the lines have been said by someone somewhere in this thread.

Just my two cents.
I'm sure Skylar has a good idea of who you are, but until you verify yourself, then a good company wouldn't disclose any details. For all Skylar knows, this could just be an attack against someones account to gain sensative information?

clownjugglar

I'll add in my experience FWIW. Me and my brother each bought a $15/year 512MB slot.

His slot hasn't had a lick of problem. Never required a ticket.

My slot was good, but went downhill fast. It would take upwards of 5-10 minutes to do a simple apt-get update using a fresh Debian 7 mininal x86 template. At first I thought it might have been a network issue, but downloading was fine and swapping to a different apt mirror didn't change anything. I suspected disk i/o but didn't take the time at first to try and prove it. I just logged a ticket.

Some hours later (maybe 6) I got a reply saying that it might be Ubuntu as other nodes had issues. I didn't specific which OS I was using in the ticket, but it tells me they didn't even look into the issue.

Not the response I expected, but whatever. I replied stating my OS and that it might be a I/O issue. I followed up with some dd tests as proof.

Again hours later I got a response saying they moved me to a 'faster' node. That was the end of it. VPS has been fine since.

Disappointed by the long times inbetween tickets, and the short non-answers, but at least it was fixed in the end. For $15 honestly that's all I care about. Just make it work, and they did.

I'll be sticking around for now.

Ticket: 433301 01/14/2015 05:29

tl;dr good company, might need to work on support but for what I paid I don't expect much, good prices, fast network.

Last edited by a moderator:

fatboy

Hate to sound like a fanboy but have to say, for the price I pay Crissic, the VPS is one of the best I have. Can Skylar be short in support tickets, hell yes. Do I care, not a jot. As long as I get the info I want in the reply, along with a working VPS I am a happy man.

Rather have the facts in an easy to read way compared to all the faff around it all. Maybe that sort of reply is not for everyone, the OP included, but thats life - you can't make everyone happy all of the time.

I have had my VPS for ages, can't really remember how many months, perhaps hitting a year now and not had one serious probelm where I was sat here waiting for replies for hours. Has there been downtime, yup, has it been a lot, definately not, would I recommend Crissic, yes but only for non-sensitive types ;)

If Skylar would venture into EU locations, something I know he won't unfortunately, I would snap his arm off for a couple of boxes.

Anyway - thats my side of Crissic life and to say I am happy sums it up nicely. I can wake up in the morning knowing my VPS will be up.

Your milage may vary I guess but as everyone else has said, if you don't give him the info he requires to identify you, how can he start to help to see whats up.

Have fun.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Support is Achilles heel in a lot of shops.  Things work, you are golden.  They don't you are wondering why you aren't being helped.  I am a big time grump about slow / no support. 

That said it's a price thing.    Dollars pay help and especially prompt help.   $15-20 a year, that's nothing to spend.   Your dollars matter though,  just comes with some beware on what it is and sometimes those bargains might not fit your needs, hopes, preferences.

So... to confirm ... I've read tickets the OP shared and certainly the experience of delay and non answers in spots isn't optimal customer experience.  I wouldn't be thrilled per se either.  I wouldn't be thread bending like he (presumed) has been though or I would have been complaining and bailing much earlier as a customer.

Without going into details, some of the usage of OP's wasn't normal IPv4 + HTTP... It was other traffic and did involve some elements of bad packet therapy as a victim of such flows.  Hard to identify where the problem truly was.  More traceroutes and other network analysis would have went a far way for all involved.

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]Eliminating ticket closures with at least a bare minimum of response (even when/if customer is at fault) is another spot to address.  [/SIZE]

Crissic can maybe cut the time to reply to tickets on average down with some new support staff (ideally Skylar can tell us he's adding more staff soon ).  

fatboy

Just sounds like the OP had some non-routine requirements and got a bit frustrated. Easy to do in this day and age, luckily I have my gardening and chickens to calm down with, either that or its my age - I just can't be assed to get that wound up any more.

Perhaps a breakdown of communications on both sides that may of got blown out of proportion - horses for courses as they say. Some people are happy with what they get at Provider A and hate what they get at Provider B whilst someone else has the opposite experience.

Perhaps its the old hippy in me but is SFTP gets together with Skylar I have no doubt the crap can be sorted and everyone can just crack on. Glad to see that SFTP wasn't actually slating the service, but the support I guess bugs some people :)

Have a good evening - this looks like its on its way to being settled!

SFTP

Support is Achilles heel in a lot of shops.  Things work, you are golden.  They don't you are wondering why you aren't being helped.  I am a big time grump about slow / no support. 

That said it's a price thing.    Dollars pay help and especially prompt help.   $15-20 a year, that's nothing to spend.   Your dollars matter though,  just comes with some beware on what it is and sometimes those bargains might not fit your needs, hopes, preferences.

So... to confirm ... I've read tickets the OP shared and certainly the experience of delay and non answers in spots isn't optimal customer experience.  I wouldn't be thrilled per se either.  I wouldn't be thread bending like he (presumed) has been though or I would have been complaining and bailing much earlier as a customer.

Without going into details, some of the usage of OP's wasn't normal IPv4 + HTTP... It was other traffic and did involve some elements of bad packet therapy as a victim of such flows.  Hard to identify where the problem truly was.  More traceroutes and other network analysis would have went a far way for all involved.

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]Eliminating ticket closures with at least a bare minimum of response (even when/if customer is at fault) is another spot to address.  [/SIZE]

Crissic can maybe cut the time to reply to tickets on average down with some new support staff (ideally Skylar can tell us he's adding more staff soon ).  
Though you have kept yourself a bit vague over this  ;) but thanks alot for an honest comment @drmike, proved I wasn't wrong, proved I wasn't trolling, proved I was talking on the basis of facts, proved I didn't come here with evil instincts.

I just want to see Crissic on an upper level in connection with the services and support.

Maybe my way of spreading the word was not at its best, but my intentions were not wrong.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Just sounds like the OP had some non-routine requirements and got a bit frustrated. Easy to do in this day and age, luckily I have my gardening and chickens to calm down with, either that or its my age - I just can't be assed to get that wound up any more.

Perhaps a breakdown of communications on both sides that may of got blown out of proportion - horses for courses as they say. Some people are happy with what they get at Provider A and hate what they get at Provider B whilst someone else has the opposite experience.

Perhaps its the old hippy in me but is SFTP gets together with Skylar I have no doubt the crap can be sorted and everyone can just crack on. Glad to see that SFTP wasn't actually slating the service, but the support I guess bugs some people  :)

Have a good evening - this looks like its on its way to being settled!
@fatboy I am jealous of your farming :)  I can't wait for spring.  I have a polar bear for your grill I think, outside on my lawn.

Sometimes things don't work for whatever reason.  Some bugs, and issues are a royal pain to isolate.  Sometimes abuse clouds a customers account. Other times, well things get busy and people don't get handled at pace me and my picky friends expect.  Lots cause places and support to go off the rails.   Support is a TOUGH job.  Kudos to those of you out there that deal with us customers on daily basis and have to bite your tongue, and keep your cool (while still remaining responsive).

I've tried services from many, many, many providers, including Crissic. For the price, what that company achieves and has so far has been remarkable.   I am more fond of Crissic than most folks.  I remember when Skylar came anew to us, prior to  offering services.   I encouraged him to jump into the industry  and to make a good honest attempt at his vision as a provider.

This is a midlife company bump in the road. It's time where staff inevitably has to get expanded beyond one tired fellow vs. the multitude of customers.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Couple of good days and 5 lengthy pages.

Nice knowing you all vpsB'rs. :)
 See ya.

I still don't know why you refused to share the screenshots you shared with me. IT would have only helped your case and would have allowed them to actually assist you.

I'll just share a couple on your behalf that doesn't have direct identifiable information just as proof you have/had service with them so this review has some sort of legitimacy behind it to those reading:

Y3S8teW.png

^^ Proof of service

CODb5ij.png

^^ Proof of past contact

c7iXkAP.png

^^ Proof of past contact

merWVIx.png

^^ Proof of past contact

Wkdru12.png

^^ Proof of past contact

SFTP

Can't say the same.

I really hope you'd stay away from this board, because your attitude is just indescribable.
I don't want anyone to say the same.

and I 'm sorry to inform you I'm not gonna act like what you hope.

SFTP

See ya.

I still don't know why you refused to share the screenshots you shared with me. IT would have only helped your case and would have allowed them to actually assist you.

I'll just share a couple on your behalf that doesn't have direct identifiable information just as proof you have/had service with them so this review has some sort of legitimacy behind it to those reading:

Y3S8teW.png

^^ Proof of service

CODb5ij.png

^^ Proof of past contact

c7iXkAP.png

^^ Proof of past contact

merWVIx.png

^^ Proof of past contact

Wkdru12.png

^^ Proof of past contact
See ya? I am not going nowhere.

and I was afraid that sharing proofs/screenshots could hit crissic's sales. I never wanted to do that.

I shared some screenshots with you and more than some with @drmike just to let you guys know, I wasn't trolling here.

anyhow, as of now you have shared some of those. Now If somebody would raise his finger on me, I'll share them all.

Moreover, I'm been using services from some HOSTs for quite sometime (almost 2 years). I've VPS(s) from Ramnode - BuyVM - SecureDragon - GinerNET - VikingLayer - NodeServ - EvoBurst - Crissic and have got Dedicated from OVH (CA) and Sharktech. I'm surely gonna share my reviews/comments about them as well in the future. Good or Bad.

and yes by sharing proofs in the public from now.

amuck-landowner