amuck-landowner

Ferguson - No Indictment

TurnkeyInternet

Verified Provider
I couldn't stand to watch it last night once the fires started, i had to just turn it off and tune it out - i really wonder how much of this was media generated that drummed up the situation, vs the reality of the situation.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I don't get it.

Why make the annoucement at night?

It could not have waited for the next morning?
BINGO!

Seriously, no foil hat here, just for real.

The Grand Jury had eons to arrive at result.  The Court controls when the info goes out.  Courts are 9-5 operations for the most part and love to sit parked on things. Flushing the decision out at night, prime crime time, meh. No accident.

Everyone with a brain knows that cover of darkness in such areas among such people leads to massive criminality on display.

We all know that the overnight, up all night crowd, tends not be when a mass of a community good news.  Ask any big city PD about the overnight BS, crime, up to no good.

Couple that together with outsiders who see $$$ and easy taking in the chaos.  The outsiders from whole St Louis metro and beyond had long time to get into town and set up.

I am thinking, this is an OPs program to incite ideally LARGER destruction.  First Ferguson, then perhaps tonight, St Louis?  Oakland? Philly? etc.  That's what some subset of control freaks in offices pulling strings wants.   Same folks that would do way with all the citizen's rights and run tanks over preschoolers.  

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Some updates on things that happened and weren't mentioned here overnight.

- Black church set on fire - unclear when.

- Chop Suey restaurant burnt in arson

- St. Louis airspace was closed to flights for a while last night due to all the airborne shooting.  Over 1000 rounds fired by some estimates.

- One man was found dead outside of a church in the area.  Shot to death in his car.

- There was a white male 25 carted away due to nasty head laceration in area near where car dealership was mass torched.  At same time there was quite a bit of gun fire.

- Two officers were shot in metro last night.  One unclear if any relationship to Ferguson.  Both are non life threatening.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Today ongoing:

9901 West Florrisant - Redz Barbeque on fire again - this place has been hit multiple times.

9xxxx " - another fire

National Guard appears to have been told to stand down and not get involved.  Unclear who did this.  Local mayor is pissed and governor is too.

Lt. Governor refusing to say who is in charge of the situation from the police side in Ferguson.

Didn't I say yesterday this a fight between the State/local vs. Feds?  

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
and mind you... in similar situations with public rioting, the second night tends to be the insanity / major disaster time.

If the National Guard doesn't come out and if the police continue to stand down like they are, the place is going to burn worse.

If they hit thugs heavy and someone dies it's going to be hell.

I am hoping the community, their leaders and prominent folks come out and tell the thugs to get out.

Like those shop owners looted, it is time for the good people of Ferguson to make their own stand and defend their community.

PS: I am placing my dinner order and stocking up on beverages.  Going to be an interesting and busy night.

rds100

Verified Provider
I remember there were some riots and looting in UK some years ago. I wasn't there obviously, but from what i heard the police did nothing to interfere. They just sit and watched and waited for everything to calm down. Then weeks and months later they identified the persons who participated in the looting by records from surveilance cameras and then brought those persons to justice.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Mo' fotoz fa ya'all:

B3UEVzfCQAAuB04.jpg

That car dealership overnight with 10 cars engulfed:

B3UDh-JCcAEfUp_.jpg

Chop Suey + Laundramat + ???

B3UC8PHCUAA6XEW.jpg

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
This is a video of the deceased fellow's mother and step father.

It starts profane and sad.

1:40 in, the step father and others start carrying on about burning stuff down over and over.

Someone needs to get out with human services to tend to this family.   Definitely distorted and going off.  Can't blame them, but inciting violence, burning, etc. nah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY8eUsAoKIA

vRozenSch00n

Actually, I think we've been look at this wrong.

They're not destroying their city, they're tired of little employment opportunity and are destroying it with the purpose of being gainfully employed in the future rebuilding it back, better than ever before....
In reality, many business and employers who were traumatized by the looting and rioting are reluctant to rebuild the business unless they don't have any life casualty in their family and they are well covered by the insurance (many insurance companies will considered this incident as a force majeur). 

For the next 6 months at least, employment opportunity will be more and more scarce especially for the group member who are involved in the riot, and rebuilding destroyed infrastructure might take at least a year depends on how local politics work. 

Based on what is happening now and possibility of spreading riots to other cities, it is not easy to regain trust from business communities to rebuild the city.

TekStorm - Walter

True we need police but some of them think they are above the law like kings of old. I was given a ticket and even thou i was in the rules of the law i still had to pay or lost more money to fight it.

trewq

Verified Provider
True we need police but some of them think they are above the law like kings of old. I was given a ticket and even thou i was in the rules of the law i still had to pay or lost more money to fight it.
I don't think this thread is really the place for this discussion. It will just loop around in circles and it will get no where.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
All discussions are good.

No doubt rampant police abuse in the US.  Coppers in Ferguson prior riot events were crazy aholes.  

When cops threatening to shoot journalists, yeah, that PD has problems.

We have 2 hours tops now before nightfall there.  

It is real quiet on radios.  Leads me to believe State Police aren't the OPs center / running the show tonight.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Sad, but kind of funny in distorted way.

#nojusticenoweaves

B3TelIoCQAAClR9.jpg

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Get ready, tonight is going to be radically different:

"Lives and property must be protected. This community deserves to have peace," Nixon told a news conference, saying about 700 guard troops were deployed on Monday and hundreds more will be out on Tuesday night to protect homes and businesses. He said there are more than 2,200 guardsmen now in the region.

^--- that is the governor of Missouri saying they are bringing in more Guards members.

2200 of them is quiet a few.  Even if running three shifts will have 700+ in the larger metro deployed.

They had copter with sniper last night.   Tonight the baddies setting stuff ablaze are likely going to get flushed out by overhead copters and made to lay there until ground units arrive.  Move and a big rifle round is the game.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
All this cause that little Mike Brown was being all nice and stuff to a store owner...

B3QsKdaIAAAag87.jpg

Cause, that's always how I treat businesses in the community.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
This shit has me mad after seeing the above. Store worker/owner handling.   Media played like Brown and continues to was some punk ass tiny 12 year old.  They also waffle about what he was doing prior to police confrontation.

Here is the store video of him and his hoodrat friends stealing from the store then intimidating the clerk / owner:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2z5-H8NSGA

amuck-landowner