amuck-landowner

GreenValueHost becoming ColoCrossing, dumping providers, etc.

Nick_A

Provider of the year (2014)
Sorry if they were skimmed over. What were they, again?
Is GVH just putting after whatever slogans they throw around or do they actually have a trademark for them? That's extremely misleading if they don't have one.
How is ColoCrossing an example of "tremendous business acumen?"

Note, both of these were for @GVH-Jon - can't really have someone answer for him.

hellogoodbye

It has to be CC/HVH told Jonny to shut the fucking mouth or get booted....  
I don't think there's any doubt about that, especially given all the recent activity in this thread the past day or two before this sudden announcement. 

What I'm curious to see is whether Jon will bide his time and climb back up through the ranks or eventually take a quiet exit now that he's being demoted to being a "sales manager". At any rate, he's too much of a loose cannon for anyone sane to keep around.

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:21 PM

I'll do it for free the first year, it'll be $1/year recurring after that. The IP addresses will not be ColoCrossing IP addresses. I guarantee that your IPv4 addresses provided to you will be CLEAN otherwise you'll receive $200.00 in cash compensation (instant bank transfer, PayPal, bitcoin, your choice.)

We are entirely moved out of ColoCrossing Dallas and we're moving completely out of ColoCrossing Los Angeles soon, we've started expanding directly with QuadraNet a while ago.
So < 2 months ago ^---- all that... Giving away free stuff to lure folks.... Pimping networks that weren't ColoCrossing.  $200 cash compensation if dirty IPs...

We are entirely moved out of ColoCrossing Dallas and we're moving completely out of ColoCrossing Los Angeles soon

Cousin Jonny can't even make it two months away from Ernie, Biloh, Vial, etc. Da' fuck?  Back to the CC often dirty, often blacklisted, never SWIP'd properly network...

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Of course not - he was never in a position to be independant of them in the first place.  See, the little pissant "brands" like GVH are how CC tests the water for new DCs they can rent from (don't forget, no matter how much they claim otherwise, CC is not a datacentre.  They rent space just like anyone else, and focus more on colocation than virtualization).  The peons like Nguyen will make a big show of adopting "new, non-CC" locations, lure a bunch of clients out to get a feel for the network... then a few months later they'll all get reeled back to established CC locations.  Fabiloh and cohorts get to test a new location, and since it's not "CC"'s name on the contract they can just drop out without a care.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Couldn't find the new guys LinkedIn profile (what a surprise), and either Jon changed professions or someone hacked his profile.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
WTF is up with this crap.... ?

Overdue to track the bejeezuz out of CC.... someone pointed out title likeness of folks in CC's little tykes Disneyland...  This is curious...

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:wAW8r-EgwBQJ:blog.colocrossing.com/%3Fpage_id%3D2+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Says: Jon Biloh (director of operations)

Hmm who else has such an identical title?

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=%22chris+fabozzi%22+director+of+operations

Says: Chris Fabozzi, Director Of Operations at ChicagoVPS

.... so 2 clowns with the same naming schema and one that isn't some atypical title thing

Who else?

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/29739/jonathan-nguyen-resigns-as-greenvaluehost-operations-director

Operations Director and other permutations of such.....

Now while this Director of Operations exists elsewhere, it doesn't on LET or LEB.   Only one other company uses said title: YardVPS.com...

In this instance, we have the co-owner of Velocity/ColoCrossing with the title.

We have Fabooze who insists he's the owner of his little kingdom and not related to CC owning his carcass... Same title...  Like what a wrong title.... You own the miniature circus fellow.

Then we have Jonny-GVH with the very same title....   Now we know Jonny has a man-boy crush on Faboozili... So pure copy / title theft....  No employees, kinder-care sort of thing... yeah...

And Biloh, the grand puhba :) bahaha.. the originator the token bullshit title....

But these cats aren't collaborating.... right... probably color coordinating their little outfits too...

What is the job description at large for this Director of Operations?

http://education-portal.com/articles/Director_of_Operations_Job_Description_and_Requirements_for_Becoming_a_Director_of_Operations.html

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
I just thought I'd highlight this passage from the DrMike's director of operations job description  link:

A master's degree in business administration is a typical educational background for operations management officers
A  bachelors or masters degree or equivalent work experience (work experience= employment at real job) is a requirement at most real companies for the job titles Jonny has been handing out like candy to his teen friends (example: Singlehop Sr. Sys Admin) and giving some kid a title like "VP", "Director of...", "Senior System Bla Bla" isn't going to fool any future employer when they look at the person's resume and see someone whose actual job experience qualifies them for an intern position not a higher level management job (perfect case in point, GVH's new CTO "Steve Wilson".  When I looked at his LinkedIn profile back in April I saw someone who was qualified to be an intern not a "VP of Operations" or whatever the f**k his title was before being promoted today).

tl;dr if Jon would stop trying to impress people with his corporate act his business wouldn't be the subject of so much ridicule (it would however still be the subject of complaints from his customers for the crappy service and quality he offers, and he would still be the subject of criticism from other business owners for his lack of long term planning and almost weekly changes in his business plan).

And Biloh, the grand puhba
Correction. Mommy is still listed as the grand puhba of the company last time I checked. :p

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
The infamous LET moderator IP matching game caught another sucker....

Hopefully CC doesn't shitcan the bothersome moderator for being effective against a CC company.... Derp!

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
... and Kossen confirmed in a post that Alan Romano / new GVH CEO and one other account share the same Comcast residential IP.... ho hum....

Kudos to the LET moderators for playing fair, straight and right.

Alan Romano is Acclaimedhost and a GVH client.

blergh

Verified Provider
No ones arguing if spamhaus is a bunch of assholes. Given 500+ listings this year alone, and many very large, it isn't exactly like they're at fault.
No no, I'm simply stating that spamhaus is pretty shitty with too much power in one place. The general idea of spamhaus is good, their execution however is pretty.. bad.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
... and Kossen confirmed in a post that Alan Romano / new GVH CEO  Operations Director and one other account share the same Comcast residential IP.... ho hum....

Alan Romano is Acclaimedhost

Acclaimed: WHOIS address is regus rent-a-mailbox in NYC, phone is sprint cellphone near Cincinnati, TOS is governed by "English Law", stock photos on staff page,no info on Romano on LinkedIn or other searches so he's probably a minor or using an alias, business doesn't seem to be registered anywhere.  Typical low end quality host.

GVH: a children's video says a thousand words about this child host:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1fiPIhGXYA

coreyman

Verified Provider
Here I was thinking that CC took over GVH out from under the old director Jon, but it appears I was wrong and it's actually a little different this time.

amuck-landowner