amuck-landowner

GreenValueHost becoming ColoCrossing, dumping providers, etc.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Looks like Jon and crew has had time to figure out an explanation as to why Alan fro AcclaimedHost and their new CEO by a different name have the same IP address...

GreenValueHost said: Green Value Hosting, Inc. Official Press Release Statement June 23, 2014

Jaroslav is NOT Alan. They happen to live in the same city/nearby neighborhood. They both are on Comcast, with dynamic IP configuration, purely a coincidence. We've reached out to Alan regarding this allegation, and he has informed us that he will be available to confirm this statement on LET as soon as possible.

As of this notice, GreenValueHost staff will now be utilizing assigned and static Buffalo VPNs for all work - related activity to prevent false allegations like this from happening again.
Hmmm...

AThomasHowe

I'm conflicted now after this thread. On the one hand I can't help but feel the CC fog is way too thick in here as usual as there are a lot of providers who are essentially propped up by CCs network & hardware that otherwise provide a *decent* service... even some of the most anti-CC here got their break from them when they were new.

On the other hand this is certainly shady and something is going on... time will tell what that is. 

For all we know the new guy is who he says he is, some ''veteran'' in the industry who was down in his luck and lost his job in the recession... it's probably not true but let's suspend disbelief... how am I supposed to believe *anything* they say? Like with CVPS their staff don't exist outside of GVH - no Facebook, no websites, no general posts on some forum... you don't have to post ID or whatever but they don't help themselves and their sock puppet images, do they?

For what it's worth my box in Chicago has been okay and in the beginning I thought John had an opportunity to be the next CVPS_Chris - a joke in the industry but still pulling in a profit and getting customers years down the line with lessening quality of service and support... now I am wondering if I'll be able to see the 12 months out with them. Luckily I just use it as a place to co-ordinate all my BitTorrent sync instances. 

Their future was ambiguous at best before... now the writing is on the wall...

hellogoodbye

mpkossen Administrator

2:06PM 

This is bullshit and you know it. They are the same person and they are both aliases.

I tried to tell you not to lie several times but you don't listen. That is really, really sad.

Nekki Moderator

1:50PM edited 1:51PM 

@alanromano had only posted from proxies and and a completely different location until yesterday, when he posted from the IP that @GVH_Jaroslav signed up with; so both used the same IP on the same day. @alanromano has since switched back to logging from the different location.

And in addition to all that, one more twist-- a comment on a post that is locked from the public but a snippet of which can be seen in the comment history of each account:

bOMHLBh.png

So. Who's Tyler, and why all the secrecy with multiple aliases?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Tyler is some young lad who Jonny is too kind with... Not a customer, but one of those freebie takers... FreeVeePeeSSS

I haven't a clue where Alan or Tyler live - but knowing me and my sudden twitch when associating their names, I can probably find out and unearth more cannon fodder.

Pure assumption here, but I imagine the shared IP linked Alan --> Urban CEO --> Tyler....  Saw that played out backside whe Kossen said Tyler and I think comment there was retracted... we know 3 people - 3 accounts on LET were on that dirty IP.

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
FrapHost said: Jon nguyen you are a pathetic liar. You are a disgrace to the colocrossing network, lowend market, webhosting industry, and to the Asian race. If I see you in person I swear i'll punch you in the face.

That FrapHost, I like his style.  Integrity matters folks.   Some of us put food on the table, pay the bills, etc. from our work in the industry.  This isn't hobby hosting.  For that you have places like FreeVPS.

And... special props to AnthonySmith, would like to see that fellow back....  Starting to see the stories I tell are factual.... :)

... So have we determined that Seattle ColoCrossing or at least GVH subsidiary is routing packets in a tunnel from Buffalo?  Someone mentioned this a bit earlier and I am too busy to do that research.

qps

Verified Provider
... So have we determined that Seattle ColoCrossing or at least GVH subsidiary is routing packets in a tunnel from Buffalo?  Someone mentioned this a bit earlier and I am too busy to do that research.
This would be a pretty elaborate deception.  I would think they would just close Seattle and move the customers somewhere else with no notice.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
BTW, clarification - the comments about Tyler - from Kossen come from Kossen's profile.  Unsure if he edited the thread or what not to omit such... But:

"The new guy is actually named Tyler and has indeed been critical in the past. He is still involved with AcclaimedHost (or whatever) but he's also working on GVH to get the operation running smooth. H…"

and that's found at:

http://lowendtalk.com/profile/receivedthanks/3071/mpkossen

Cause I don't want any drama or people crying about something being unfair :)

hellogoodbye

Tyler is some young lad who Jonny is too kind with... Not a customer, but one of those freebie takers... FreeVeePeeSSS
How does one go from being a freebie VPS taker named Tyler to posing as staff member Alan from another company and now Jaroslav the newly appointed CEO for GVH?

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Please find me a member with a higher substance-to-hilarity ratio :)
It's only hilarious until you stop to consider that people are trusting their personal information and business information (yes, there are idiots who try to run a business on a 6GB/$6 plan and upload all of their business and customer info to a cheap GVH VPS) to someone who is a habitual liar and untrustworthy, and who "hires" equally untrustworthy staff who haven't been properly vetted.  When you stop to consider that, then GVH (and a large percentage of the hosts who post offers on places like LET, WHT, etc) stops being funny and becomes truly frightening. GVH and people like him should be banned from posting offers.

I would like to know which specific Asian race he has pissed off... I hope it's the North Koreans, oh god I hope it's the North Koreans...
In this specific instance, he's pissed off FrapHost who is from the Philippines :)

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
How does one go from being a freebie VPS taker named Tyler to posing as staff member Alan from another company and now Jaroslav the newly appointed CEO for GVH?
Well....

Nekki a moderator on LET caught the new Jaroslav CEO on same IP as Alan and assumed Tyler account was also on that IP...

Even if Tyler wasn't, Kossen has something evidence wise at this point that shows Tyler in the mess.

Like I said a while back, I tried helping GVH, getting Jonny to see how to run a company and do so above board (minus the BS plans, minus the monthly bills due fire sales, minus the big corporate posturing)....

Tyler isn't someone I knowingly ever interacted with.  But I know him and Jonny worked on stuff together and were two peas in a pod.

amuck-landowner