amuck-landowner

GreenValueHost outsources customer support to India.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GVH-Jon

Banned
"Skylar leak incident". Do I need to remind you that you willingly posted all of that information yourself? I have no affiliation with your company, ColoCrossing, or anything that would have made anything YOU told me "confidential". The image of your annual revenue you willingly posted in the vpsboard IRC channel as well.
You posted logs of the conversation we had in private which contained classified upstream information.

So you were fine with posting your projected income from last month.. but a screenshot of the same chart for this month to back up your claims is a no-go?  That alone tells plenty.

Let's touch on something you said earlier, in reference to your dealings with HVH:

Now, let's look at another quip:

So you're claiming that a lot of CC based hosting providers use your Dedi Packages for their nodes?  To quote George Carlin, That is what's known as being STUNNINGLY full of shit.
What I've been saying makes perfect sense. You're just trying to twist it into something ridiculous.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
What I've been saying makes perfect sense. You're just trying to twist it into something ridiculous.

Not at all.  The ONLY twisting here is you selectively ignoring inquiries, and making evasive replies.  Here, I'll make this easy for you:

So you were fine with posting your projected income from last month.. but a screenshot of the same chart for this month to back up your claims is a no-go?
True or False?

So you're claiming that a lot of CC based hosting providers use your Dedi Packages for their nodes?
True or False?

Virtovo

Verified Provider
 have never been caught in a lie (as I've never lied to any customers or in any PR)
Wasn't this thread started in direct response to a lie you sent out to your customers in a an email which quite clearly said you didn't outsource.  "That was then this is now" doesn't quite cut it.  We're talking less than two weeks between both truths.

You posted logs of the conversation we had in private which contained classified upstream information.

What you've said makes no sense whatsoever.  The only thing you've proved is that your full of it.  You give the impression that you base your future business decisions on 20 days worth of sales.  You've got a sound business plan there.

How exactly do you afford to pay twelve experienced full time techs?  How do you pay eight?  Four would even amuse me!

You're not getting a mauling here because you're with CC.  Plenty of other hosts here that dodge that.  You're getting a mauling because of your boasting when in actual fact you just continue to prove you have no clue and your business is likely riding a road to wreckage.  

Last edited by a moderator:

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
YOU CANNOT BASE ASSUMPTIONS OFF STATISTICS FROM LAST MONTH.
...and yet all of your delusions of grandeur are based off statistics from the last month :p

I'm not authorized to provide any further classified information of any kind after the Skylar-leak incident.

That damn whistleblower Skylar should be sent to Guantanamo for leaking classified information. B)

I think that since I'm an honest person and have never been caught in a lie

It would almost be better if some of your ignorant statements were a result of you lying rather than you being completely clueless. 

Now that I've said that, I'm off to get some lunch and maybe by then updatedb will have finished its rescan so I can run my df -h check....oh wait, I forgot, Solaris uses hadoop not updatedb when it runs df :lol:

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
How exactly do you afford to pay twelve experienced full time techs? How do you pay eight? Four would even amuse me!
See, W3Cares is great about that. They have you add staffers that have purely american names to appear american.

There's proof from the vpslatch dump about that.

Again, he isn't paying for 12 "level 3 techs", whatever the hell those are, on $6k/month of revenue. W3 is cheap, though, and you can get a team for 2k/month and they'll play ticket hockey all day long.

He's either getting bank rolled to cover this massive staff, or, his upstream is lending them one of their teams.

I've never bothered looking into HVH's support past Kris, so for all we know HVH is lending their staffers that

are using american names and GVH here believes 100% that it's true.

Francisco

SkylarM

Verified Provider
I don't work for you, your upstream, or have anything affiliated with anything you do. I never signed a piece of paper stating any conversation between you and myself was confidential, nor did I agree to anything that said I couldn't use anything you willingly told me in a public manner. YOU gave up that information willingly, and kept on givin'.

Fairly simple thing to keep in the back of your head. Don't say anything that could be used against you at a later date without being fully aware of any potential repercussion.

Mun

Never Forget
Well When I saw this :

I think that it is basic virtualization knowledge to know that regardless of the space that is available on the node, when you reinstall a virtual server sometimes you cannot immediately see all the disk space that has been allocated to your virtual server with the df -h command. It may take a little time for updatedb to perform a rescan.
I wasn't sure if I should attack it or not. I had part of me saying that isn't true, but was too ashamed of possibly being wrong. :(

Mun

vRozenSch00n

Well When I saw this :

I wasn't sure if I should attack it or not. I had part of me saying that isn't true, but was too ashamed of possibly being wrong. :(

Mun
There's no reason to attack, especially when you have tested their server  :) 

IMHO, mostly people (at least here) "attack" GVH due to the way they reply that sometimes contradict one another, Fabozzi like "self confident", and most of all many experienced providers here felt the "salesmanship" reply to technical questions insult their intelligence. :)

Mun

Never Forget
There's no reason to attack, especially when you have tested their server  :)

IMHO, mostly people (at least here) "attack" GVH due to the way they reply that sometimes contradict one another, Fabozzi like "self confident", and most of all many experienced providers here felt the "salesmanship" reply to technical questions insult their intelligence. :)

Attack is a bad word, I mean say they are wrong on that assumption.

Mun

Mun

Never Forget
This is from LET, yes a copy and paste, but since both communities are getting intermixed thought it might be beneficial to post here as well. :\

Before anyone shoots me, Im not here to bash.... OK!

Alright, so GVH was very kind to give me a test account on SRV3, and I installed a blank wordpress and uploaded some personal, and small web pages from my old HTML class that I went through. Here is some results.

Below is the wordpress load time for GVH, this is a fresh wordpress install, nothing done to optimize it, just basic Wordpress!

gvh5.png

This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

Here is another site hosted on my server, this one has a big theme, and is quite intense

gvh4.png

Alright, now since everyone wanted to see what I look like here is me, yes I am ugly I know :(

This is tested on GVH:

gvh3.png

Here is the same page tested on my server:

gvh2.png

Now my ping to GVH is:

Pinging with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from : bytes=32 time=163ms TTL=52
Reply from : bytes=32 time=250ms TTL=52
Reply from : bytes=32 time=143ms TTL=52
Reply from : bytes=32 time=145ms TTL=52

Ping statistics for :
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss)
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 143ms, Maximum = 250ms, Average = 175ms

Here is my ping to my server:

Pinging with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from : bytes=32 time=142ms TTL=54
Reply from : bytes=32 time=153ms TTL=54
Reply from : bytes=32 time=132ms TTL=54
Reply from : bytes=32 time=158ms TTL=54

Ping statistics for :
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 132ms, Maximum = 158ms, Average = 146ms

All in all, the initial load times on pages is a tad bit slow, but after that they are about normal, they do bounce up and down from time to time.

I will admit that I did refresh the page multiple times with a full reload of the page to get make sure everything was cached in there systems, etc, and that the connect had gone through once or twice before.

So you decide on how you vote.

at GVH, can you look into the server again, it feels like the server is having a hard time on new page loads, like maybe the disk is being hammered or something, not sure. You may also want to do a check on MYSQL, as it could be getting hammered.

Mun

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
"And no, we're not getting funded from anyone in our upstream. Biloh has already made a public statement saying that we're not directly affiliated with ColoCrossing."

This is a simple one and I've been saying this for a long time.

Hudson Valley is ghost operated by Ernie.   He handed over, sold out, etc. to CC / CC pays him salary + profit sharing to stay on as figurehead (HVH brand isn't too soiled --- yet).  Ernie isn't a technologist and is busy with his real day job.

Via that arrangement and own GVH admissions, HVH + GVH = something special.   Not just paying your invoices and being a customer.

So not directly affiliated with ColoCrossing - but your 1. Use their E3 servers 2. Use their bandwidth 3. Use their IPs.

One of these days the IRS is going to rip a hole in Buffalo for this "structuring".  I'd be stepping far away from there and the guilt by association and prior misrepresentations.  That is if you are your own man, your own company, etc.

Dallas, non-CC, that's a good step in the right direction.  Won't give you a free ride/justify everything, but it is ideally the baby steps you need to get off that rotten Buffalo tit.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
See, W3Cares is great about that. They have you add staffers that have purely american names to appear american.

Again, he isn't paying for 12 "level 3 techs", whatever the hell those are, on $6k/month of revenue. W3 is cheap, though, and you can get a team for 2k/month and they'll play ticket hockey all day long.
We3Cares recently cost someone < $1k a month for 24/7 support, multiple support people.  Able to juggle multiple tickets at same time.

Their low rates have dropped/are negotiable these days like nearly everyone else's.  Times are tough.  

No offense to We3Cares, but their own website is something to behold and the bungled Eng-wish should send clear message to potential buyers.

AuroraZero

I need to see a list of CC's employees' names.
I do not have the time, dry erase markers, or a board big enough to figure that tangled mess out. Too many "ifs", "ands", "ors", "buts", "aliases", and down right fabrications for it to be a worthwhile venture. This is what the boys at the IRS get paid to do and they are damned good at it.

GVH-Jon

Banned
"And no, we're not getting funded from anyone in our upstream. Biloh has already made a public statement saying that we're not directly affiliated with ColoCrossing."

This is a simple one and I've been saying this for a long time.

Hudson Valley is ghost operated by Ernie.   He handed over, sold out, etc. to CC / CC pays him salary + profit sharing to stay on as figurehead (HVH brand isn't too soiled --- yet).  Ernie isn't a technologist and is busy with his real day job.

Via that arrangement and own GVH admissions, HVH + GVH = something special.   Not just paying your invoices and being a customer.

So not directly affiliated with ColoCrossing - but your 1. Use their E3 servers 2. Use their bandwidth 3. Use their IPs.

One of these days the IRS is going to rip a hole in Buffalo for this "structuring".  I'd be stepping far away from there and the guilt by association and prior misrepresentations.  That is if you are your own man, your own company, etc.

Dallas, non-CC, that's a good step in the right direction.  Won't give you a free ride/justify everything, but it is ideally the baby steps you need to get off that rotten Buffalo tit.
Redacted

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner