amuck-landowner

Ideas and suggestions for vpsBoard

Chronic

Another silly idea:

Maybe we could have a recommendations section on the forums? Basically it would be a just what it sounds like, a forum section dedicated to collecting user recommendations of various sorts. If I were to look for a lightweight forum platform for example, I'd start a thread, people with expertise in the area would suggest them and when another member would come along and look for the same thing, they'd be able to easily find it in this particular section of the forums. This could span all sorts of categories, and the idea is that eventually each of them would have a thread dedicated to it.

Feel free to scold me if this is an absolutely terrible suggestion.

jcaleb

In the other forum, one thing i dislike is everyday, multiple post of some new random guy asking for a VPS with such and such configuration.  Which sucks, because just 5minute research, you can find answer to your question already.  

rds100

Verified Provider
I don't know if I'm the only one annoyed by this, but when i click on a thread i am taken to the beginning of the thread. It would be much better if the link would take me to the first unread post in the thread. Otherwise i have to scroll, scroll, scroll and skim through everything i've already read - annoying.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I think I will write up a guide with screenshots titled, "How to use this forum". It will include all the little tips/tricks on how to get the most out of it. =]

acd

I'd like a way to mark a topic as "this topic never appears in 'new content'" or an "ignore updates to this thread" button. There are many threads I cba to read that get updated a lot. Clearly, this is just user laziness but it's a feature I'd use.

Marc M.

Phoenix VPS
Verified Provider
So far so good, so good so far! Reading over this thread I think that many are just trying to perfect something that's pretty much perfected.

Mike

Verified Provider
@MannDude, I'd be willing to invest into vpsBoard on a monthly basis.

Contact me via Skype when you have a mo :).

amuck-landowner