amuck-landowner

Ideas and suggestions for vpsBoard

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
Though a logo might be nice, I like the site like it is. The provider poll is a good idea though. I would be interested to see a few logo mockups once designed to get a feel for what a logo could look like.

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
new rule for providers no IP6 no membership
Now that's a little drastic. As much as I'm a fan of IPv6, it's not always a deal breaker, and I suspect we might miss out on a few otherwise good offers/providers with a rule like this.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Can we just ban all offers on Colocrossings network?  Gets rid of the IPV6 issue everyone whines about, it gets rid of most vestiges of the low end and it keeps one front company from using this place to shill.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Can we just ban all offers on Colocrossings network?  Gets rid of the IPV6 issue everyone whines about, it gets rid of most vestiges of the low end and it keeps one front company from using this place to shill.
Nah, unfortunately. But providers should be posting their DC location in their offers anyway, so those who wish to choose to do business with anyone but CC can do so.

Only downside is some folks are ashamed of being with CC. Instead of listing them as the DC they list, well, the actually DC their servers are in because it's not like CC owns massive datacenters around the country. They've got some rackspace and probably some cages around the US. So with that, people just list the actual DC instead of who they're being billed by.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Yes, vpsBoard is getting slammed by attacks today it seems.  Very slow to load and posting messages takes quite a long time.

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
Has the site just constantly been under DDoS since it got popular? I'm glad it's behind two layers of protection (CloudFlare and BuyVM filtering). Hopefully them DDoSers will get a life.

Also, is there any chance of making the site IPv6-accessible?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Has the site just constantly been under DDoS since it got popular? I'm glad it's behind two layers of protection (CloudFlare and BuyVM filtering). Hopefully them DDoSers will get a life.

Also, is there any chance of making the site IPv6-accessible?
I'm not sure, as I don't actually have any access to traffic graphs or anything. That stuff doesn't work in BuyVM SolusVM and I don't get alerted when filtering kicks in or anything. At one point Fran mentioned, when I asked him if we were getting DDoSed, he mentioned something allong the lines of, 'Yeah, for days'.

IPv6: 2400:cb00:2048:1::8d65:7821 should work, if not use ipv6.vpsboard.com This is with CloudFlare, and not BuyVM though. Pretty sure they offer IPv6 but haven't been too bothered with getting it working properly.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Well, IPV6 should be a welcome addition to the site soon, in official IPV6 route :)  

Relating to the malicious traffic, I'd get some CLI stuff running keeping eyeballs on traffic throughput and general indicators since lacking notifications about the attacks.

Also would try to facilitate the same self monitoring for the MySQL part.  I suspect the site probably has gotten smacked by bad POST traffic and some other long running scripts with multiple requests.  Good to isolate stuff like that.

amuck-landowner